A Day In The Life of a Law Student (2 Viewers)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
May be a good idea for [procrastinating] law students to post up rants/thoughts about their day, so prospective law students know not to do law.

Thursday September 1

IT'S THE FIRST FUCKING DAY OF SPRING, AND I'VE BEEN AT HOME ALL DAY TRYING TO DO MY CRIMINAL LAW ESSAY. AND PROCRASTINATING ON BOS. This 2000 word behemoth is due at 4pm tomorrow, and I'm on 400 words.

Fuck my life.

enoilgam

HSC
May be a good idea for [procrastinating] law students to post up rants/thoughts about their day, so prospective law students know not to do law.

Thursday September 1

IT'S THE FIRST FUCKING DAY OF SPRING, AND I'VE BEEN AT HOME ALL DAY TRYING TO DO MY CRIMINAL LAW ESSAY. AND PROCRASTINATING ON BOS. This 2000 word behemoth is due at 4pm tomorrow, and I'm on 400 words.

Fuck my life.
I also had a 2000 word criminal law essay last semester - it did my head in. I dont know about you, but I prefer problem questions/letters of advice style assignments and exams.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
ah shit I thought it would be more Boston Legal. :(

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I also had a 2000 word criminal law essay last semester - it did my head in. I dont know about you, but I prefer problem questions/letters of advice style assignments and exams.
Yeah, I prefer problem questions. I hate research essays.

By the way, enoilgam, izzy88, and other law students - feel free to post here your rants here. :)

enoilgam

HSC
im pretty sure every degree is just as hard.
Yeah true. But law is extremely boooooooooooooooooooooooring (dont get my started on Legal History). Even criminal law, which is supposed to be one of the more interesting topics is pretty boring and uninteresting. Thats part of what makes law so hard - the boredom factor.

thoth1

Banned
HSC
Yeah true. But law is extremely boooooooooooooooooooooooring (dont get my started on Legal History). Even criminal law, which is supposed to be one of the more interesting topics is pretty boring and uninteresting. Thats part of what makes law so hard - the boredom factor.
well if u want to earn the big money that lawyers make u have to persevere now.

izzy88

HSC
Spent entire day and yesterday at home (such a sunny day, so sad I was stuck inside) studying for exams next week. Equity has decided to be really annoying and make the exam closed book - not even a case list :( I'm so not used to closed book exams anymore. That, and I'm just behind on notes/readings. Clerkship stuff has taken up so much time.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
So are you sitting in tutorials and just thinking about getting paid? :tongue2:

enoilgam

HSC
I'd say thats pretty realistic - why do you think I wanted to do medicine.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I agree. Medicine seems more fulfiling, UMAT results, are taking so long...

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
idk Law sounds really easy as do most other word based degrees

I got a Distinction with 2 hours effort (over the whole semester) on a Law course last semester so idk guys

Also not sure if OP means 2000 words is actually large

enoilgam

HSC
idk Law sounds really easy as do most other word based degrees

I got a Distinction with 2 hours effort (over the whole semester) on a Law course last semester so idk guys

Also not sure if OP means 2000 words is actually large
It depends on the subject. Topics like equity/trusts, tax law etc are supposedly extremely hard. Personally, I reakon word based courses can be the hardest, due to the subjective nature of the marking (with most written essays, your capped in terms of how much you can get as well).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)