• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

A good way to study - Law&Soc/Human Rights (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
damnation said:
i'd say D because it covers negligence and Anita wasn't looking after her dog. Btw does capialism have anything to do with legal? I'm pretty sure it doesn't...
thankyou! damnation agreed with me! and shes smart! u go girl:p
it doesnt. thats more economics, business term
i was wondering y manifestation asked that b4!

monique66

joe_m_2000 said:
:D Yeah, i thought so...lets see, i have no idea what has been asked in this thread so sorry if this question repeats something else already said:

Explain why state soveirgnty limits the effectiveness of human rights

goan_crazy

HSC
damnation said:
:D Yeah, i thought so...lets see, i have no idea what has been asked in this thread so sorry if this question repeats something else already said:

Explain why state soveirgnty limits the effectiveness of human rights
it is not effective beacuse even if there is problems, another nation state cannot interfere therefore not being accessible for human rights adressing and limits enforacbility

what is the doctorine on the separation of powers?

monique66

joe_m_2000 said:
it is not effective beacuse even if there is problems, another nation state cannot interfere therefore not being accessible for human rights adressing and limits enforacbility

what is the doctorine on the separation of powers?
It is a notion of law that establishes the three arms of the government. The legislature controls the introuduction of legislation, the judiciary interprets this and the executive enforces the law. However, it must be noted that these three arms are separate and prevent one arm from having too much power (however, i think now that the govt has won majority of the seats in the senate there will be an inequilibrium of power now :rolleyes: )

monique66

Expain the doctrine of reception and the justification of european settlement in Australia

goan_crazy

HSC
damnation said:
Expain the doctrine of reception and the justification of european settlement in Australia
Doctrine of reception
is this when the law of the nation who conquest the land applies
e.g. britian's law when colonising australia
however if the land is gained through agreement or something else, the law of the original nation applies
is that rite? made sum of it up coz i couldnt remember ALL of it but i tried

anyway next question: what are the 3 arms of government?

monique66

joe_m_2000 said:
Doctrine of reception
is this when the law of the nation who conquest the land applies
e.g. britian's law when colonising australia
however if the land is gained through agreement or something else, the law of the original nation applies
is that rite? made sum of it up coz i couldnt remember ALL of it but i tried

anyway next question: what are the 3 arms of government?
the doctrine of reception was the notion under which the British colonised Australia. Under this doctrine, if a sytem of law was present in the country then the British must make an agreement (like in New Zealand), if not then they were allowed to conquer the land under 'terra nullius'. As the europeans failed to recognise the compleX nature of Aboriginal Law, they colonised Australia under 'terra nullius'. However, this notion was dimissed in 1992 after the Mabo case established this as legal fiction. :eek:

judiciary, executive and legislature.

Next Q: Explain what the division of powers is :)

manifestation

What?!
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
I asked cause i got it out of the freakin HSC paper you knob! Jeez! God i post a question cause no-one else freakin bothers!

Damnations question:
Next Q: Explain what the division of powers is

still waiting

HSC
division of powers is like the government giving some of their powers to subsiduary bodies isnt it? im not sure i pulled this out of nowhere lol

monique66

still waiting said:
division of powers is like the government giving some of their powers to subsiduary bodies isnt it? im not sure i pulled this out of nowhere lol
Nah, its more like: the division of powers is where the power to rule the country is divided in between the Commonwealth and the State. The state may make laws but they must not conflict with Commonwealth legislation. However, while the Commonwealth can override State legislation it can only act under section 52 of the constitution which outlines its powers. Thus the state has residual powers and the Commonwealth has specific powers.

Hey manifestation, what HSC paper is that question in? Where abouts in the textbook?

Next Q: Outline a current human rights issue within Australia and explain the effectiveness of the legal system in providing human rights.

monique66

manifestation said:
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/hsc2002exams/pdf_doc/legal_studies_02.pdf

pg 4

Jeez you're making me sound dumb! I got it from a reliable source and i know its to do with legal studies!

And the answer is D
oh no, i didn't want to make you sound dumb! i wasn't even asking about that question, i meant the one you asked about capitalism, i didn't see that in the text book and it reminded me of eco so i really wanted to know in case i missed it in legal
and as for the answer being D :) i was right! Yay!

goan_crazy

HSC
damnation said:
oh no, i didn't want to make you sound dumb! i wasn't even asking about that question, i meant the one you asked about capitalism, i didn't see that in the text book and it reminded me of eco so i really wanted to know in case i missed it in legal
and as for the answer being D :) i was right! Yay!
*cough*we were right

=jennifer= what about me :(

still waiting

HSC
damnation said:
Nah, its more like: the division of powers is where the power to rule the country is divided in between the Commonwealth and the State. The state may make laws but they must not conflict with Commonwealth legislation. However, while the Commonwealth can override State legislation it can only act under section 52 of the constitution which outlines its powers. Thus the state has residual powers and the Commonwealth has specific powers.
Next Q: Outline a current human rights issue within Australia and explain the effectiveness of the legal system in providing human rights.
i told you i pulled it out of my arse i had no idea lol
a current human rights issue is mandatory sentencing the ratio of indigenous peoples to non indigenous in the NT gaols are higher and theere for the laws tend to discriminate against indigenous peoples. the laws are ineffective as there have been submissions into the issue by the UN and the federal government knows that its going on but doesnt use its power to overrule the NT government even though it can

goan_crazy

HSC
= Jennifer = said:
oh i am sure u would be excellent too maybe fantabulous :p
oh thankyou = Jennifer = :D
hows ur law degree coming along?
wanna give us the next question ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)