• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Abortion debate (1 Viewer)

Abortion debate

• Abortion illegalised

Votes: 51 19.8%
  • Tougher laws

Votes: 35 13.6%
  • Keep current laws

Votes: 155 60.1%
  • don't care

Votes: 17 6.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
What, so I should adopt an affirmative action rule that says that at least 50% of my friends must be women?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Phanatical said:
What, so I should adopt an affirmative action rule that says that at least 50% of my friends must be women?
just being a bitch andrew....

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
davin said:
and i should add that my views of how gov't should deal with it is drastically different from my moral views on it, i just don't believe in gov't legislating morality.
ummm...that's what laws are for. they make a morality call on a certain action to decide whether or not it is acceptable.

K

katie_tully

He doesn't hate babies. He wants to conserve the babies. Aborting a feotus is like burying your 3 month old in the backayrd, it's MURDER!

sospecha

in the middle of nowhere; a hole - seriously
HSC
The whole problem with this debate is there are people (so called pro-lifers) who believe that they can or should make decision for other people. That they should have a say over whether a person wants to have a child or not. Well i don't actually see how it has anything to do with you. if you fall pregnant then DON'T HAVE AN ABORTION!!! But i don't see how it is your right to decide what other people should do.

This debate seems to be more pro-choice vs. anti-choice. Anti-choice being the people who are so arrogant in thinking they can control other peoples actions, and that they have a responsiblility to society to stop women having a choice. the CHOICE whether or not they want the responsibilty to have a child.

suprisingly those among us who belive in freedom of choice, and the freedom to make your own decisions, don't acutally give a sh*t what you think or what you believe - you arrogant jerks.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
It's not just a matter of saying that we (or our partners) shouldn't have abortions. The issue is that as people with consciences, pro-lifers equate abortion with murder, and can't stand by and watch people murdering people. Simplistic, but that's pretty much it.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
ameh said:
Ok, well improve your posture when walking.
what other posture is appropriate when you hate work and you're currently working?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Phanatical said:
It's not just a matter of saying that we (or our partners) shouldn't have abortions. The issue is that as people with consciences, pro-lifers equate abortion with murder, and can't stand by and watch people murdering people. Simplistic, but that's pretty much it.
same deal when someone invades a country and sees their actions as barbaric. I suppose you know what's best for everyone. Like the way England knew what was best for India more than India knew what was best for itself...

davin

HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
ummm...that's what laws are for. they make a morality call on a certain action to decide whether or not it is acceptable.
in my view, no, laws should be preventing you from doing harm to another or taking their property.
in other words, rape.....yeah, illegal. but consentual sex and then saying that guy is fiscally responsible for the outcome of the girls choice, thats simple morality, not protecting harm or property

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
davin said:
in my view, no, laws should be preventing you from doing harm to another or taking their property.
so the laws need to make a moral judgement on what constitutes harm. and then what the appropriate punishment is for the kind and extent of harm caused. the law even needs to morally define that property exists, and that objects can be considered a belonging of a person

these are all aspects of morality that have been decided upon by those in power to be written into law and enforced. they are not moral absolutes that exist everywhere. if they were laws would be the same everywhere and there would be no debate about them ever

K

katie_tully

Fuck I hate Tony Abbott. And Piers Ackerman. That guy is a cockfag. Anyway, are you all aware of Tony's new plans?

Now that the little sissy wench lost his veto power, he's trying to bypass abortion clinics by handing counselling services to Church groups.

</3 I am angry.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
katie_tully said:
Fuck I hate Tony Abbott. And Piers Ackerman. That guy is a cockfag. Anyway, are you all aware of Tony's new plans?
Try and forget that Ackerman exists. Buy the Sun Herald. Even though Miranda Devine is a bit loopy at times, she is no where near as annoyingly bias as Ackerman.

I read his article yesterday about abortion, at a friends house who hada copy of the Sun tele, and well, what can I say?

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

Usually I bypass columnists altogether, however I was captivated by the headlines "RU486 a tombstone in the debasement of human life".
I was rather impressed with Cardinal George Pell's use of emotive language. "Approving the importation and use of KILLER drug". He also refers to the current Parliament as "anti life".
Hahaha. A part of me is happy that this decision pisses these two off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)