• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Abortion debate (1 Viewer)

Abortion debate

• Abortion illegalised

Votes: 51 19.8%
  • Tougher laws

Votes: 35 13.6%
  • Keep current laws

Votes: 155 60.1%
  • don't care

Votes: 17 6.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
And a part of me is disgusted that you feel that way. These people may disagree with you, but their intentions are AS good, if not BETTER than yours. They are trying to save lives, whether or not you see the unborn children as lives.

K

katie_tully

And all of me, including my nostril hairs don't give a shit what you think about my stance towards the subject. I have a womb and ovaries, I think that makes me more equipt than you, Ackerman or Pell to make decisions regarding pregnancy and my body.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Phanatical said:
And a part of me is disgusted that you feel that way. These people may disagree with you, but their intentions are AS good, if not BETTER than yours. They are trying to save lives, whether or not you see the unborn children as lives.
How exactly did you determine that their intentions are as good or better than pro choice people?

You should be reminded that this debate and the passing the bill was not about the validity of abortion laws but whether the TGA or the heath minister should decide whether RU486 should be allowed into the country.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
katie_tully said:
And all of me, including my nostril hairs don't give a shit what you think about my stance towards the subject. I have a womb and ovaries, I think that makes me more equipt than you, Ackerman or Pell to make decisions regarding pregnancy and my body.
I don't.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I think a woman took responsibility for the unborn child the moment she decided to engage in the acts which lead to the creation of the child. That's a responsibility that I do not believe a woman should be able to just shirk.

K

katie_tully

He is a winner with the ladies already, can't you see that. He hates women having a choice and thinks all men are hard done by. I'm sure if men had to pop a baby out of their penis it'd be a different story.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Phanatical said:
I think a woman took responsibility for the unborn child the moment she decided to engage in the acts which lead to the creation of the child. That's a responsibility that I do not believe a woman should be able to just shirk.
Like kissing a guy? Like getting up in the morning? These acts can lead to to the creation of the child.

How come you don't harp on about men who run away from their pregnant partners (*cough* tony abbot *cough*)? How come you don't hate Tony Abbot?

Don't they have a serious responsibility too? I would assume you think they do considering the role you think they shoud play in determining what the mother does with her body.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
erawamai said:
Like kissing a guy? Like getting up in the morning? These acts can lead to to the creation of the child.

How come you don't harp on about men who run away from their pregnant partners (*cough* tony abbot *cough*)? How come you don't hate Tony Abbot?

Don't they have a serious responsibility too? I would assume you think they do considering the role you think they shoud play in determining what the mother does with her body.
If I recall the Abbott situation correctly, he didn't know about the pregnancy in the first place. And kissing a guy, or getting up in the morning do NOT count as acts leading to the creation of a child, otherwise all of us would be proud parents several thousand times over by now. That's a shit argument, and you know it. Spreading your legs, thereby allowing the passage of semen from the father to the mother IS an act that directly leads to the creation of a child.

K

katie_tully

Abbott is hilarious because he is a hypocritical piece of crap. He's preaching not having sex, and the virtues of the Church, yet was involved in a little bit of procreation back in the day. Not that the kid was his, but ha ha he admitted to premartial sex.
Dirty hound dog

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Phanatical said:
Spreading your legs, thereby allowing the passage of semen from the father to the mother IS an act that directly leads to the creation of a child.

there is a terrible, insulting sexist message underlying your sentence there

please rephrase.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I believe in the responsibility of both the father and the mother. Of course, in some cases it's hard to tell who the father is, but once that responsibility has been established, the father and the mother must both equally share the responsibility of child raising, or equally decide on allowing the child to be adopted out to a family who are unable to bear children.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Phanatical said:
If I recall the Abbott situation correctly, he didn't know about the pregnancy in the first place.
Why did he run away? I guess he does like running however.

phanatical said:
And kissing a guy, or getting up in the morning do NOT count as acts leading to the creation of a child
They are acts that can lead to the creation of the child. Just like when a guy gets an erection and decides to grind it into her lower abdomen like a horny dog. It's an act leading to another act which could eventually lead to the male ejaculating into the vagina resulting in a sperm finding its way into an egg.

OF course its a silly argument. It's presented to show how half hashed your general statements are.

phanatical said:
Spreading your legs, thereby allowing the passage of semen from the father to the mother IS an act that directly leads to the creation of a child.
Not always. Ejaculating into a females vagina is probably going to lead to fertilisation. However not always.

In any case missionary is not the only sexual position out there.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:
If I recall the Abbott situation correctly, he didn't know about the pregnancy in the first place. And kissing a guy, or getting up in the morning do NOT count as acts leading to the creation of a child, otherwise all of us would be proud parents several thousand times over by now. That's a shit argument, and you know it. Spreading your legs, thereby allowing the passage of semen from the father to the mother IS an act that directly leads to the creation of a child.
It's all the woman's fault, isn't it?

As for Tony Abbott, he knew.

Edit: Behind the eight ball, as always. Oh well.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
erawamai said:
In any case missionary is not the only sexual position out there.
oh my. hello to you ;)

anyway phanatical, its okay to apologise.

you instead affirmed that you believe the mother and father both are responsible. you can just say 'that statement was a bit sexist, i apologise". Or just rephrased. it wont lessen your credibility. I do it all the time. You know.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
No, because the statement is perfectly fine. I'm not changing it, retracting it or apologising for it. If a woman doesn't want a baby, she can keep her legs closed. And if a man doesn't want a baby, then he can keep his pants on.

K

katie_tully

Phanatical, do you wake up with a morning glory? If so, what do you do? Do you whack it with the frying pan until it goes down? Because being aroused is bad and can result in unwanted pregnancy?
Or do you whack the bat, to relieve some of that pent up frustration. I'm thinking not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)