• don't care

Votes: 17 6.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
I believe Alan Cadman said something along the lines of *Women should not go and get pregnant willy nilly*

K

katie_tully

Alan Cadman....Phanatical...I fail to see the difference between the two.

I like his previous statement though. Jesus can go fuck himself.

It's interesting he should say that, because I was under the impression he was completely anti sexual relations.

HSC
katie_tully said:
I've restrained myself for quite some time. But I just can't anymore.

You. Are. A fucking idiot. No, honestly, you are. And I'm not just saying that because it has a nice ring to it, you really are so fucking stupid that descriptive words fail to meet the standard of stupid that you are.
People do not intentionally get pregnant. Accidents happen. It's unrealistic and completely stupid to expect that people do not have sex. Everybody knows that the only way to not get pregnant is to not have sex. NO SHIT SHERLOCK.
People don't just have an abortion on the whim you gronk. These stupid "reckless" girls aren't going .."Wow I'm pregnant...HEY LET'S TERMINATE!", infact statistically more teenage girls have babies than they do abortions. It's actually married women with children who account for the majority of abortions in Australia. And here you are, suggesting they don't have sex, and if they do and fall pregnant they shouldn't have the right to decide?

You do not have a uterus. You're telling us you're not having sex until you're married and have children. GOOD! THE FUCKING ABORTION DEBATE DOES NOT INVOLVE YOU THEN, DOES IT?! NO! Keep your own god damn opinions to yourself then, because the actions and situations of other people do not concern you! In any sense! If I have an abortion tomorrow it's not going to effect you, in any sense!

SO FUCK OFF.
If I had a uterus I'd get abortions as often as possible to spite people who make it their business to care about it when really it's not :(

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
katie_tully said:
It's interesting he should say that, because I was under the impression he was completely anti sexual relations.
I can't speak for him but I believe he doesn't believe in certain levels of sexual expression.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I believe in people taking responsibility for their actions. My beliefs regarding abortion are not religious in nature (I am an Atheist), but rather they stem from a belief that people do not, or will not recognise that every action has a set of consequences.

I am not as much opposed to abortion itself, as I am to the idea that abortions need to happen. I think it's a terrible tragedy that a human life needs to be killed because a mother doesn't want to take responsibility for their actions. It's also a terrible tragedy that there are mothers out there who Did carry their children to term, and will never be able to enjoy the quality of life that they should because they didn't have the financial security to have a child.

My belief is that people need to be taught the value of NOT conceiving children. The solution is not to tell them "use protection, and if it stuffs up kill your child", but "Sex: one mistake, and you'll get Screwed for the next 20 years".

Let's never forget - the unborn foetus is still a human life. We should not be creating life if we cannot take the responsibility for it.

HSC
Phanatical said:
I believe in people taking responsibility for their actions. My beliefs regarding abortion are not religious in nature (I am an Atheist), but rather they stem from a belief that people do not, or will not recognise that every action has a set of consequences.

I am not as much opposed to abortion itself, as I am to the idea that abortions need to happen. I think it's a terrible tragedy that a human life needs to be killed because a mother doesn't want to take responsibility for their actions. It's also a terrible tragedy that there are mothers out there who Did carry their children to term, and will never be able to enjoy the quality of life that they should because they didn't have the financial security to have a child.

My belief is that people need to be taught the value of NOT conceiving children. The solution is not to tell them "use protection, and if it stuffs up kill your child", but "Sex: one mistake, and you'll get Screwed for the next 20 years".

Let's never forget - the unborn foetus is still a human life. We should not be creating life if we cannot take the responsibility for it.
The unborn foetus can go fuck him/herself, if it's good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for him/her!

Generator

HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:

It's serius repackaged with a touch of polish... Your push for 'equal' rights in this regard seems more an attempt to restrict the rights of the woman than foster a greater degree of equality. Let's not forget that women alone cannot conceive a child, phanatical.

Edit: Not that all sexual relations between men and women are intended to lead towards the conception of a child, and nor should they.

Women alone cannot conceive a child... Not the greatest line, I know, but at the moment it's the best one that comes to mind (with the above edit considered alongside it, of course).

Last edited:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Phanatical said:
No it's not. This that age old debate about when is a foetus human life. You can't murder a foetus. A foetus has no legal rights and responsibilities. A foetus cannot commit an assualt and an assault cannot be committed against a foetus. To suggest such a thing means a fertilised egg would have legal rights. (This does not mean an assault cannot be committed against the mother...)...If you a foetus legal rights it means people will be able to sue on behalf of their foetus for negligence...etc etc etc.

As for the proposition of humans being responsbile for their sexual actions...Human's will try their best to be responsibile for their sexual actions. I assume from your all out and simple method of preventing abortions (Don't have sex!) indicates you have never been near a personal relationship with another person of the opp sex. To expect people do *just not to have sex* is a little bit far fetched.

Last edited:

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I don't care what the law says on this issue. What I care about is that a life capable of becoming SENTIENT is being killed. It's not about oppressing women or anything like that, because I am well and truly of the belief that both parents must take Equal responsibility. It's about protecting LIFE.

FreakTrigger

HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:
Morally, a vasectomy/tubal litigation is the right approach. The most important issue to consider is that the unborn child is STILL A LIVING BEING with the potential of developing sentience. None of what I've said is about stopping people from having the abortions, but rather from stopping people getting into a position where they have to consider abortion. In the simplest sense, "Prevention" rather than "Cure" - because that's one helluva way to cure the condition.
A cow is a living being. Lets ban meat.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Phanatical said:
I don't care what the law says on this issue. What I care about is that a life capable of becoming SENTIENT is being killed. It's not about oppressing women or anything like that, because I am well and truly of the belief that both parents must take Equal responsibility. It's about protecting LIFE.
Do you understand the ramifications of making a foetus a legal being?

So what exactly is your stance? Other than you don't like abortions but they shouldnt be stopped. Currently all you have proposed is that people be told not to have sex.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Phanatical said:

a few things

don't worry about the value of not having children. its there, and increasing in popularity believe me. career-based women and people in general who can't stand children. if you must, i can go locate a source, but as far as i can remember, the numbers of people who do not wish to have children are increasing.

another thing, about rape. your stance on that issue, when a 9 year old victim gets raped and falls pregnant, you feel that being raped is a traumatic experience, why make her go through with a traumatic abortion?

how about, why make her go through motherhood? did you think motherhood is some wonderful thing for a nine year old?

what about her life? she's a child too.

in some cases where a young rape victim falls pregnant, she cannot physically support the child through to nine months...

and another thing, i know you feel it a tragedy. a few pro-choice people would agree with you about it being a tragedy, in certain circumstances, but you know what, these things happen. its a tragedy to get raped. its a tragedy that people are born in abusive families. its a tragedy this woman who fell pregnant is having a child even though she cannot support it financially.

it happens, and lucky for you, this tragedy won't ever happen to you.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
FreakTrigger said:
A cow is a living being. Lets ban meat.
There is a difference between a cow and a unborn foetus - the main one being that the unborn foetus is a Sentient Human Life.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
If you don't want children, then don't go around doing things that could create children.

My stance regarding the rape victim you raise is clear. The 9 year old should never have been placed in a situation where they (or more specifically, the parents who have duty of care over the child) even have to consider an abortion. Both the parents, and society have FAILED in their responsibility.

In such a situation, the important issue is quality of life. Abortion is important for two reasons - the first being that neither the mother nor child will have the quality of life they deserve, and the second being that at nine years old there are significant health risks to both the mother and child in bringing the child to term.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Phanatical said:
If you don't want children, then don't go around doing things that could create children.
That's a very easy thing to say phanatical. I'd like to see such an approach work in practice. I think you owe it to the potential lives out there to develop something more substantial than simply telling people of sexual reproductive age (above 13) simply to 'not have sex'.

I believe that approach would result in more unwanted pregnancies....mainly because people have sex regardless of the risks. To suggest that the answer is to tell people to not have sex seems to indicate you have a very limited understanding of social dynamics.

Last edited:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Phanatical said:
you've clarified your opinion, with the rest of the paragraph, i disagree with some elements, but i do not feel it worthy to continue talking about anymore, except with the above statement.

to clarify, does that mean that sex for you is purely for the sole purpose of creation?

and how do you feel about people who do not agree with you or practice against your ideas? do you regard them as low, intolerable, or the like?

HSC
Phanatical said:
There is a difference between a cow and a unborn foetus - the main one being that the unborn foetus is a Sentient Human Life.
More like the main thing being that there's no debate as to whether a cow is classified as living.

PS: You're funny, regardless of whether it's deliberate or not, good work :)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Phanatical, got to love the spin you put on things, the CCP has taught you well. The unborn preceding foetus is redundant.

Phanatical there is another difference. The cow is more intelligent.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Phanatical said:
My stance regarding the rape victim you raise is clear. The 9 year old should never have been placed in a situation where they (or more specifically, the parents who have duty of care over the child) even have to consider an abortion. Both the parents, and society have FAILED in their responsibility.
oh and by the way, tragic yes, but more often than not rapists are family members.

i don't blame the parents for assuming that family is trustworthy.

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
oh and by the way, tragic yes, but more often than not rapists are family members.

i don't blame the parents for assuming that family is trustworthy.
I don't blame the parents when a middle-aged woman, with family, etc is raped while out for a jog either. What the fuck is your damage Phanatical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)