Abortion (1 Viewer)

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Everyone has the chance to live so I definitely oppose abortion.

Remember, if a woman decides to abort her child, she doesn't stop being a mother. She is just the mother of a dead child.
I understand that many people hate me because of my opinion and/or disagree with my opinion but I would appreciate it if people messaged me about it if it offends them that much so we can discuss it instead of neg repping me which does nothing to resolve the issue! :)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I understand that many people hate me because of my opinion and/or disagree with my opinion but I would appreciate it if people messaged me about it if it offends them that much so we can discuss it instead of neg repping me which does nothing to resolve the issue! :)
they're messaging you through neg rep

editav

HSC
Uni Grad
pro !
There are circumstances that would warrant it for sure , if you're not ready to have a baby it's best to have an abortion anyway as opposed to keeping it for moralistic issues.

HSC
N/A
I'm pro-abortion to an extent, I suppose. I'd be against it if the fetus was developed enough to feel pain.

Lentern

HSC
I think it's pretty self evident how someone could come to the conclusion. If you don't accept the rights of "potential human life" are the same as the rights of "actual human life" then it is a victimless act up until it develops pain sensitivity.

halapenyo

HSC
how late in her pregnancy can a woman have an abortion?

i mean by law

Lentern

HSC
how late in her pregnancy can a woman have an abortion?

i mean by law
Abortion is illegal unless a doctor determines that there is a serious danger to the pregnant woman’s life or to her physical or mental health.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Abortion is illegal unless a doctor determines that there is a serious danger to the pregnant woman’s life or to her physical or mental health.
Hahaha. Fuck. Where does it say this legally? I need to show my friend.

Kilverda

HSC
"Men" is an extremely broad word to use. Most people i know that are anti-abortion are so because of religious reasons rather than their sexuality.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Hahaha. Fuck. Where does it say this legally? I need to show my friend.
Sections 82-84 of the NSW Crimes Act

Section 82 – Administering drugs etc to herself by woman with child

Whosoever, being a woman with child, unlawfully administers to herself any drug or noxious thing, or unlawfully uses any instrument or other means, with intent in any such case to procure her miscarriage, shall be liable to imprisonment for ten years.

Section 83 – Administering drugs etc to woman with intent

Whosoever, unlawfully administers to, or causes to be taken by, any woman, whether with child or not, any drug or noxious thing, or unlawfully uses any instrument or other means, with intent in any such case to procure her miscarriage, shall be liable to imprisonment for ten years.

Section 84 – Procuring drugs etc

Whosoever unlawfully supplies or procures any drug or noxious thing, or any instrument or thing whatsoever, knowing that the same is intended to be unlawfully used with intent to procure the miscarriage of any woman, whether with child or not, shall be liable to imprisonment for five years

Pursuant to R v Wald, 1971, the NSW Attorney-General, the Hon. Kenneth McCaw MP, issued a statement outlining the law in 1974:

an abortion performed by an unqualified person, whatever be the circumstances, is punishable by penal servitude for 10 years;
there is no offence where a duly qualified medical practitioner terminates a pregnancy in the bona fide belief that the continuation of the pregnancy places the woman’s life or health in greater jeopardy than its termination;
where no such bona fide belief exists, the medical practitioner is also liable to penal servitude for 10 years.

Lentern

HSC
"Men" is an extremely broad word to use. Most people i know that are anti-abortion are so because of religious reasons rather than their sexuality.
Most anti-choice advocates surveyed dropped their stance in cases of Rape, Incest and severe deformities in the unborn child. If you believe the foetus is a human life and you believe in the paramount value of human life, you'd only soften your stance in cases where there was a serious threat to the prospective mother's life. Essentially the distinction here is whether or not the woman is declining a conventional motherhood and family life of the kind idealized by conservative social values. This was particularly true of men surveyed. These men also almost uniformly disprove opposition to contraception and of oral, anal sex and female masturbation. Men have persistently led the push to prevent women separating sexual pleasure from the responsibilities of motherhood. The origins of the anti-abortion movement exist in the patriarchal desire to steer women towards a subservient, maternal role in life by offering celibacy as the only alternative.

Annihilist

HSC
Sections 82-84 of the NSW Crimes Act

Section 82 – Administering drugs etc to herself by woman with child

Whosoever, being a woman with child, unlawfully administers to herself any drug or noxious thing, or unlawfully uses any instrument or other means, with intent in any such case to procure her miscarriage, shall be liable to imprisonment for ten years.

Section 83 – Administering drugs etc to woman with intent

Whosoever, unlawfully administers to, or causes to be taken by, any woman, whether with child or not, any drug or noxious thing, or unlawfully uses any instrument or other means, with intent in any such case to procure her miscarriage, shall be liable to imprisonment for ten years.

Section 84 – Procuring drugs etc

Whosoever unlawfully supplies or procures any drug or noxious thing, or any instrument or thing whatsoever, knowing that the same is intended to be unlawfully used with intent to procure the miscarriage of any woman, whether with child or not, shall be liable to imprisonment for five years

Pursuant to R v Wald, 1971, the NSW Attorney-General, the Hon. Kenneth McCaw MP, issued a statement outlining the law in 1974:

an abortion performed by an unqualified person, whatever be the circumstances, is punishable by penal servitude for 10 years;
there is no offence where a duly qualified medical practitioner terminates a pregnancy in the bona fide belief that the continuation of the pregnancy places the woman’s life or health in greater jeopardy than its termination;
where no such bona fide belief exists, the medical practitioner is also liable to penal servitude for 10 years.
Of course - a legal document nearly 40 years old is relevant in our static society.

Lentern

HSC
Of course - a legal document nearly 40 years old is relevant in our static society.
These "documents" get amended and repealed all the time to reflect changes in social norms and values. The reason this hasn't changed isn't because we are a static society but because their is no misrepresentation of a social norm, whatever your or my personal views on the issue may be.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
i think he was referring purely to the legality of it in that post rather than whether or not its right/wrong in an ethical sense

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
For or against abortion? Neither. I don't have an opinion because I don't feel qualified to make a judgement.

In terms of whether it should be legal or not, I wholeheartedly believe the law, and especially men, should not control what a woman does with her body.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
For or against abortion? Neither. I don't have an opinion because I don't feel qualified to make a judgement.

In terms of whether it should be legal or not, I wholeheartedly believe the law, and especially men, should not control what a woman does with her body.
Why can't a man have a say in whether his child is born or not?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)