Accelerated math predicament (1 Viewer)

zombies

HSC
my school is a highly academic school.
Yep, cool story bro but doesn't mean they'll let you in. But they might! And no one here knows if they will or not because you actually have to go ask them yourself about it!!

dionb2014

HSC
I've already sent off an email. I'm anxious about the reply and just wanted to see what you guys thought would be an alternative if I do not get the result I hope for from the school.

zombies

HSC
I've already sent off an email. I'm anxious about the reply and just wanted to see what you guys thought would be an alternative if I do not get the result I hope for from the school.
Ah okay, well its good you've done that then :)

But I think you need to take a chill pill.

dionb2014

HSC
and what do you even mean don't take my signature quote to literally. I lived by that and have since before I heard the quote. the words sum it up so eloquently so I made it my signature.

sick_kent

HSC
maybe ur just not that good...?
I know I'm not that good.

I accept it and when i do half decently in a test I'm over the moon.

1st semester Yr 11 maths was a breeze, thought i was on top of the world. Not having to work too hard. Then semester 2 i was destroyed and managed to claw through with reasonable marks.

so when you have some results from a 3U course, and some actual experience from ACTUALLY doing the course, come talk to me.

zombies

HSC
Dion, ever thought about relaxing just a little bit? I think it's kind of worrying how focused you are on attaining a number that will not even matter to you after high school.. enjoy life while you can!

sick_kent

HSC
and what do you even mean don't take my signature quote to literally.
well right now you're acting as if you're the most important student.

and i hate to tell you, sometimes people take attitudes like that not too nicely.

dionb2014

HSC
^^define enjoy?
It varies from person to person, I enjoy setting goals that seem fucking ludicrous and then achieving them.

sick_kent

HSC
Dion, ever thought about relaxing just a little bit? I think it's kind of worrying how focused you are on attaining a number that will not even matter to you after high school.. enjoy life while you can!
I'm predicting a burn out.
3 years of all out HSC work is a little too much

zombies

HSC
Well I guess I don't really have an argument to that, Dion.. what ever makes you happy! Success though does not necessarily mean happiness.

dionb2014

HSC
I've surprised myself before. Hopefully I don't burn out and fail, but it's worth a shot if the result is reigning supreme over the HSC world.

sick_kent

HSC
I've surprised myself before. Hopefully I don't burn out and fail, but it's worth a shot if the result is reigning supreme over the HSC world.
good for you then.

as a side note, what is the school you were thinking of moving too?

bleakarcher

HSC
I have a friend who in maths is in the same situation as you aced the first couple basic algebra skills exams then as the calculus came in just stuffed up, he is not very happy at all. I began tutoring him, giving him the keys to problem solving and yet his marks remain low as he simply can not adopt the skills required. Some people have the skills and some people dont. What you find of the course may not describe how another does. Also, I never was talking to you, never expected a reply from you and will never talk to you again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)