Accidnets (1 Viewer)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Ever been in a car accident before?

Yesterday, I was in my first (and hopefully last) crash. Worse, I was the cause.

Returning from uni on a narrow section of the Oxely Highway, I moved to the outside of a corner to allow a wider vehicle to pass through. However, I over-corrected and placed two wheels off the grassy verge and in a ditch. I felt an almight BANG! as I went through since the wheels didn't touch the bottom of the ditch and I couldn't get up on the road. However, the highway curved back to the left as it started climbing a hill and I was naturally pulled back up onto the road. However, my landing was heavier than when I first hit and I went over the double-whites a little. Not realising my position on the road, I glanced down, afraid I'd done some damage when I'd bounced back up on the road and ... I hit a Toyota Corolla.

Fortunately, no-one was injured. It was just a glancing blow and my car took the most of it, though the Corolla's rear suspension was destroyed. I don't remember the actual collision other than one minute I'm bouncing back on the road and the next I've got no power and no response and I'm trying to coast it in to a small wide section of the verge to get it off the road before charging out and swering my head off as I checked on the three other cars involved; the Toyota and cars that had been following both myself and the Corolla. Police were called as four vehicles were immobilised and I lost two points off my licence and did $4000-$5000 damage to the Lancer. The important thing was that no-one was hurt, it could very easily have been much worse.

So ... ever been in an accident?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
yes several... one particularly nasty one that caused my face to be utterly rearranged...
barina vs cement truck
cement truck WINS :(

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
"Accidnets" is very deliberate as a catchy thread title. Also, my spelling and grammar suck when I type quickly ...
synthesized said:
you are female right?
No, I'm male (hey, female drivers aren't bad; men simply have no patience with them). And I'm pretty sure that in the same situation you would have dione exactly the same thing. I'm told I went up on two wheels as I bounced out and so I was left with two choices: let gravity do its work or try and get out of it. I let gravity do its work since getting out of it meant steering into the opposite lane an the oncoming traffic. Letting gravity do its work meant that if there were no cars in the other lane, I'd have more time to get back into mine as opposed to steering across that lane and then back, which would made the accident worse. Mind you, this is all hindsight and reconstructions of the accident ...

john31459

HSC
N/A
Two. I was a passenger in the first - my Dad drove through a red light and another car drove into my side and kinda smashed the door into me. But the second was fully my fault, I drove into a roundabout.

phatic

HSC
Had two close calls - once I almost ran into the back of someone, after being distracted, and the second time I did a 180 after taking a downhill corner too fast and over-correcting, fortunately not running off the road. Suffice to say I drive sensibly now. ^.^

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
wait was the lancer yours? you are responsable for the corrollas damage, but the other cars following you arent responsable for...their fault for tailgating.

Pace_T

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:

Yesterday, I was in my first (and hopefully last) crash. Worse, I was the cause.

Returning from uni on a narrow section of the Oxely Highway, I moved to the outside of a corner to allow a wider vehicle to pass through. However, I over-corrected and placed two wheels off the grassy verge and in a ditch. I felt an almight BANG! as I went through since the wheels didn't touch the bottom of the ditch and I couldn't get up on the road. However, the highway curved back to the left as it started climbing a hill and I was naturally pulled back up onto the road. However, my landing was heavier than when I first hit and I went over the double-whites a little. Not realising my position on the road, I glanced down, afraid I'd done some damage when I'd bounced back up on the road and ... I hit a Toyota Corolla.

Fortunately, no-one was injured. It was just a glancing blow and my car took the most of it, though the Corolla's rear suspension was destroyed. I don't remember the actual collision other than one minute I'm bouncing back on the road and the next I've got no power and no response and I'm trying to coast it in to a small wide section of the verge to get it off the road before charging out and swering my head off as I checked on the three other cars involved; the Toyota and cars that had been following both myself and the Corolla. Police were called as four vehicles were immobilised and I lost two points off my licence and did $4000-$5000 damage to the Lancer. The important thing was that no-one was hurt, it could very easily have been much worse.

when i read that i thought just another stupid female driver that shouldnt be on the road, serves u right
but then i read when u said u were male n then i thought, ahh what can u do, glad no one was hurt, hope sorting it all out isnt too much hassle!!

yes i been in an accident, very minor, stupid bitch reversed into me (from her driveway) when i pulled over to the side of the road to talk on the fone) how IRONIC, i pull over to do the right thing n i still get hit! BLAH!

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Serius said:
wait was the lancer yours? you are responsable for the corrollas damage, but the other cars following you arent responsable for...their fault for tailgating.
Yes, I was the Lancer driver. Still am since the car isn't a write-off. I know very well that I was responsible for the accident and the Corolla's damage, but the whole thing was simply a product of bad timing and those damned laws of physics. The other cars were not tailgating, simply following. The car behind me pulled over after seeing the aftermath of the accident (she never saw the actual collision; I never saw her in my rear view mirror) and the car behind the Corolla was close enough to have to avoid the accident but far enough away that they had enough time to get off the road without hitting anything.

T

Testpilot

I haven't, but I just got back from signing out of school and there was a Green P Plater who had crashed into the trees on the side of the road. From what I could see the front half of the car was almost non existant anymore and there was police, fire and ambulance on the scene. I wouldn't be suprised if this crash makes the news, it looked like whoever was in the car would be in a bad shape.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I've never crashed myself but I know plenty of P platers who have had accidents and at least 4 that have totaled their cars recently.

Jiga

^

Geez are your friends retarded? Like literally? Even the worst drivers I know have only been in minor accidents, and Im talking about spastics who do 180 spins in the wet becuase they cant even judge corners properly :wave:

lengy

HSC
I haven't been in any altercations with other vehicles. :)

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
I haven't had any accidents before, although half my year 12 class (06) has by now, and it is not always young people and female drivers who have accidents, ask the 27 year old ex-cop I work with who actually was trained in prusuit driving...

....he has written off three cars in the last 6 months

bizadfar

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:

lol "over corrected" ... you AMA!!! hahha
You said you went wide on a curve with a lancer(fwd) I mean its not like theres totally less grip on that part of the road? lol

Accident? Yes, few on the road and many on the track with the infamous unfair zigzag blocking tactic LOL.

I clipped the quater panel of a speeding nissan pulsar with our landcruiser when moving into left lane. (this road is downhill left, so its very difficult to see cars through the rear window/mirrors.) The SOB sent us a bill for $1557.52, friends, family, even a rough quote from a panel beater (described dmg roughly) said it should've been around $500 max!! I can't beleive they can just send me a bill for $1557.52 without any approval or anything. Just ridiculous. Anyway that tin peice of shit needed the repair, the landcruiser was fine.

Another time i was following a friend and didnt want to lose him (i didnt really know the way). So there is this roundabout with a screwed up exit. Its night, and simply just went through too fast and clipped the exit kerb. Just a huge gash in the tyre and a bent rim. No major suspension damage.

Also i tend to be a bad P plater driver magnet. I just drive sensibly around. Say there are 3 lanes. And the situation is:
A - C
I'm A, the other dumbshit is C. I indicate to move into - . Look around, wait a bit then merge. And what do you know that dumbfuck C, flicks his indicator and swerves in. I quickly move out and looked at him through his window, he never turned his head once, not once(meaning he didnt notice me at all!) What a dumbshit. The guy is lucky i didn't hit mummy or daddy's recent model Suburu Liberty Wagon with my tinbox. The best property to have as a driver is alertness/awareness.

I've had other situations where I am side by side or when my nose is at someone elses door on a flat road and they just start to turn into me. Honestly, how blind can you be.

Last edited:

pottsy44

HSC
bizadfar said:
Accident? Yes, few on the road and many on the track with the infamous unfair zigzag blocking tactic LOL.
you had people zigzag in front of you on the track? that is one of them most dangerous things you can do you racing circuit. it would usually be an immediate black flag.

I've had other situations where I am side by side or when my nose is at someone elses door on a flat road and they just start to turn into me. Honestly, how blind can you be.
yea ive had that done to me a couple of times, pretty bloody annoying.

bizadfar

HSC
pottsy44 said:
you had people zigzag in front of you on the track? that is one of them most dangerous things you can do you racing circuit. it would usually be an immediate black flag.
Cheap blocking tactics
Zigzagging
Gving no room, (basically taking a different line on purpose to make the other guy run off the road eg 2002 France where MSC did it to raikkonen for the lead in the last few laps at the hairpin. Kimi slipped on oil and went wide. MSC zooms past and almost rams him forcing him off the road. Stuff like that)
Extreme squeezing.

All been done to me, and I've done it a bit too. I was once side by side with another kart 3 turns in a row (all left handers) and the guy squeezed me off. My wheel came onto the grass and i almost speared fully accross the track(unfortunately im no Montoya to have such quick multiple reflexes)

pottsy44

HSC
bizadfar said:
All been done to me, and I've done it a bit too. I was once side by side with another kart 3 turns in a row (all left handers) and the guy squeezed me off. My wheel came onto the grass and i almost speared fully accross the track(unfortunately im no Montoya to have such quick multiple reflexes)
before i say anymore are you talking about hire go-karts or actual go-kart racing. if your talking about proper kart racing, what class was this in and at what track?

CieL

HSC
I hate little old ladies.

I parked my car next to a champagne coloured Kia Rio, and was eating something before I start work.. and I finished and was just about to get out when I saw a little old lady walk to the Kia and set her groceries down at the trunk and walk to the driver side of her car.

Carelessly, she just swung her door open to put her handbag in. Did I say "swung"? More like ripped her car door open so it slammed with force into the side of my car.. and the bitch kept it open!

I knocked on my glass real loud, she closed her door, and I jumped out to scream at her.

Inspected my car to see that she chipped my paint right down to the metal.. I told her, and then she told me that "I'm sure it'll come off with a little water"

Fucking ass-O

It wasn't big enough of a chip to get it fixed.. I dont know whether I should be happy about that or not..

I was tempted to ask for her drivers licence just to scare her.. but I didnt.. I so regret that.. teach her a lesson..

I hate people that don't respect their own property, or the property of others.

I would of expected her to be more careful since she looked like a little old lady - but I was wrong.. damned wrong..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)