accommodation, share houses etc. in sydney city for next year (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alax dillon

HSC
thinking about moving to the city after school next year for work.

i have relatives in western sydney, but in order to gain employment beneficial to my career, working in the city would be best.

i dont really want to live with relies for a year or two, cause the commute would be dreadful, but i am definitely keen on working in the city.

what do you guys know about accommodation, costs of living etc. in the city?

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
Own room in the inner city is at a minimum $200pw plus bills, for a tiny room in an old building. In the actual CBD its more like $300 - $400.

Based on what I've seen Ashfield is the best value suburb with good access to the city.

HSC
why is it so important that you move to the city
what job are you after considering you have no qualifications yet etc

HSC
by city i meant sydney as a whole so yeah

they are onto something, there are an awful lot of gooks in the city

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
There a ok christian share house i use to stay at stanmore (15min train ride to city)... it was ok but the owner is a christian nazis (Those Internet filter peoples and the ACL members)... but it was ok... the rent is 150 a week and your in a room with 3-4 peoples but you have your own cubicle.. it like those cubicle in Japan

PM me if u want the address...

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
It include everything and free dinner...

The chef make it all worthwhile... but the roommate are pretty weird.. especailly the fat guy that walk naked everywhere... even while watching telly in the living room..*skin crawl*

alax dillon

HSC
im looking to get an apprenticeship as a chef.

id be much better off finding an apprenticeship in the city rather than in a samll town where im at now.

plus it would be better for me career.

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
im looking to get an apprenticeship as a chef.

id be much better off finding an apprenticeship in the city rather than in a samll town where im at now.

plus it would be better for me career.
Get outside the city... most restaurant in the city need a "really" experience position.. due to the busy nature of most restaurant...

Good place to try might be the outskirt near the city like bondi, burwood, ashfield and such... but a good place popping up right now is zetland..

Unless you really want to work in the city, you probably have to try asian restaurant but it might be good for you because you might be a asian idk? LOL

alax dillon

HSC
Get outside the city... most restaurant in the city need a "really" experience position.. due to the busy nature of most restaurant...

Good place to try might be the outskirt near the city like bondi, burwood, ashfield and such... but a good place popping up right now is zetland..

Unless you really want to work in the city, you probably have to try asian restaurant but it might be good for you because you might be a asian idk? LOL

yeah but the thing is with an apprenticeship, if they hire a first year apprentice then theyre looking at their cheapest employee. fucking six bucks an hour or something, and theyd end up making so much profit theyd be rolling in the shit.

bio_nut

HSC
yeah but the thing is with an apprenticeship, if they hire a first year apprentice then theyre looking at their cheapest employee. fucking six bucks an hour or something, and theyd end up making so much profit theyd be rolling in the shit.
They also have to teach you and you get in the way though, lol

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
Not really, restaurant often make really low marginal unless it 4-5 star or some thing... My rentz own 2 in newtown and 1 in chatwood and it really competitive..

alax dillon

HSC
Not really, restaurant often make really low marginal unless it 4-5 star or some thing... My rentz own 2 in newtown and 1 in chatwood and it really competitive..

true. i suppose if it were a joint that were struggling to make a profit already then theyd probably want an apprentice moreso than qualified staff.

but see thats why you do a part time job in school, working in a kitchen, so that when you apply for an apprenticeship youre a foot in front of everyone else cause youre not completely retarded. plus a lot of first years just wash dishes most of the time....or so im told.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)