Accounting Cadetship 2008 (1 Viewer)

gaaay

HSC
Hahahaha
I replied back to Grant Thornton. and dey emailed me bak within 5minutes.
"Hi,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately you received the email message in error."

Haha, damn thats stupid of dem!

cacali

HSC
michael1990 said:
Not to me a thank you isn't needed. Although apprieciation is for sharing the information, i believe?
I meant a "thank you" note to employers. =P The link you posted mentions getting the employer's business card so you can send a "thank you" note. So yeah, is such a "thank you" note necessary to send after your interview? Or is that a grad thing? Or not necessary at all?
But thanks for posting the link haha!

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
kam9kan10 said:
maybe it's different here in melbourne i'm finishing my year 12 this year and will be a cadet next year PwC go all out down here. it's so stupid though i prefer the relaxed get to know the other cadets kind of thing.
I'm assuming u got offers from both KPMG and PwC? Congratulations.

I guess it's just a difference between the firm's cultures. Ultimately the whole recruitment process is about matching up peoples' personalities with the cultures of the individual firms.

shakky15 said:
so how was conquest for those who went today?
LOL I think I saw quite a few of u guys who kept popping around either level 12, the lobby and the elevators.

summermagic

HSC
gaaay said:
Hahahaha
I replied back to Grant Thornton. and dey emailed me bak within 5minutes.
"Hi,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately you received the email message in error."

Haha, damn thats stupid of dem!
Oooh that's harsh! Getting ones hopes up for nothing. I'm still waiting for my replies. They're sure taking their time.

NickLG

HSC
Despite how horribly i thought the KPMG interview went yesterday, they called me today so i'm into round 2 of the selection process. Had conquest today, mentioned to them that i'm going away for a week tomorrow, they said they wanted to let me know about the outcome of conquest tonight.................nervously waiting for the phone to ring.

Nick

cacali

HSC
NickLeG said:
Despite how horribly i thought the KPMG interview went yesterday, they called me today so i'm into round 2 of the selection process. Had conquest today, mentioned to them that i'm going away for a week tomorrow, they said they wanted to let me know about the outcome of conquest tonight.................nervously waiting for the phone to ring.

Nick
tonight?? Wow that's quick. Good luck! =)
How was conquest? Fun?
Oh and it starts at 9.15 yeah?

NickLG

HSC
Omg a couple of minutes after i posted that PwC called, i'm in!!!!!! Wow i'm so happy!!!

Nick

shakky15

HSC
NickLeG said:
Omg a couple of minutes after i posted that PwC called, i'm in!!!!!! Wow i'm so happy!!!

Nick
wow congratulations!!

what did u do during conquest?? any tips?/ u obviously did the right thing

hearts

HSC
NickLeG said:

Nick
Wow, congrats! =D

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
NickLeG said:

Nick
Congratulations and Welcome Nick :) What group you in?

I think I may have met you today.... PM me if you don't want to reveal details in public lol.

h.anarchy

HSC
Hi everyone!~

How does PwC Conquest work?
If the thing is happening over 4 days (Fri,Mon,Tue,Wed), is there a reserved number of trainees that they accept over the four days, say for instance, 15 each day or so??

If that is the case, say that the quality of applicants on the very last day is not as good as the first few days, will they still accept 15 trainees?

Or is it just they accept whoever they think are really good, however many people there are.

BTW Nick!! What did they ask you in the written interview and what did you guys have to do in the group activity/presentation? :)

NickLG

HSC
Ok for everyone at conquest I can assure you that you can't prepare except for the practice numeric tests. Here are general overviews of each step.

Step 1, Written exercise:
25 minutes, its not alot of time, myself and all the other guys who did it today found it completely stupid, we had to do some cost analysis with limited info. I think basically if you make a small attempt then its not really ganna matter too much, as I said no one was confident with this section.

Step 2, group activity:
Biggest advice I can give here is to speak up but don't speak over. There was one guy in my group who just tried to control the conversation and I don't think it got him anywhere, personally it just made me annoyed. Then there were those who didn't speak up alot either, you just need to find the balance and be a generally valuable speaker in the conversation. You guys will see what I mean when you get to it, (don't bother asking me to explain it to you cause explaing wont prepare you and give you any advantage in my eyes) stick to your role, don't tell other people how to do their roles, make suggestions but as I said don't try to rule.

Step 3, Numeric test:
Self explanatory, do the practice test. I felt nervous when I went in to do it but you calm down after the second question, make sure you work quickly but make sure that you're right, you have 17 minutes to do 18 questions.

Step 4, Partner interview:
I mentioned how KPMG for me was like an interrogation, nothing like that at all it is very relaxed. I found, like i did with UBS its more like a conversation when you are being interviewed by two people, there are no curve balls. I know its so cliche but honestly just be yourself and let them know what skills and abilities you have and how those skills will benefit PwC and tell them why you want a cadetship so much.

Overall I know its not alot of help, you really can't prepare, you'll feel quite intimidated throughout the day cause there are a great spread of high quality candidates. Best of luck to you all and hope to see some of you around the office next year!

Nick

ShadowSwifter

HSC
NickLeG said:
Ok for everyone at conquest I can assure you that you can't prepare except for the practice numeric tests. Here are general overviews of each step.

Step 1, Written exercise:
25 minutes, its not alot of time, myself and all the other guys who did it today found it completely stupid, we had to do some cost analysis with limited info. I think basically if you make a small attempt then its not really ganna matter too much, as I said no one was confident with this section.

Step 2, group activity:
Biggest advice I can give here is to speak up but don't speak over. There was one guy in my group who just tried to control the conversation and I don't think it got him anywhere, personally it just made me annoyed. Then there were those who didn't speak up alot either, you just need to find the balance and be a generally valuable speaker in the conversation. You guys will see what I mean when you get to it, (don't bother asking me to explain it to you cause explaing wont prepare you and give you any advantage in my eyes) stick to your role, don't tell other people how to do their roles, make suggestions but as I said don't try to rule.

Step 3, Numeric test:
Self explanatory, do the practice test. I felt nervous when I went in to do it but you calm down after the second question, make sure you work quickly but make sure that you're right, you have 17 minutes to do 18 questions.

Step 4, Partner interview:
I mentioned how KPMG for me was like an interrogation, nothing like that at all it is very relaxed. I found, like i did with UBS its more like a conversation when you are being interviewed by two people, there are no curve balls. I know its so cliche but honestly just be yourself and let them know what skills and abilities you have and how those skills will benefit PwC and tell them why you want a cadetship so much.

Overall I know its not alot of help, you really can't prepare, you'll feel quite intimidated throughout the day cause there are a great spread of high quality candidates. Best of luck to you all and hope to see some of you around the office next year!

Nick
thanks for the reply man. means alot to us

jordankuai22

HSC
gaaay said:
Hmm i dont get grant thornton
I rec'd a rejection letter from Grant Thornton, a couple of days ago
And today, i recieved an email from GT regarding an interview process?
:S
So lost!
lucky i guess

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
Congrats Nick! :)

I believe candidates this year are selected and pooled together, and then allocated into business units after this... This is different to previous years where say they'd wait until they interviewed all people preferenced for FAFS then gave out offers etc only for FAFS, with all business units sort of operating independent of each other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)