Accounting Cadetship 2008 (5 Viewers)

ShadowSwifter

HSC
shakky15 said:
yeh i hope so, but i'd much rather just get an offer from PwC - dont wanna go through another interview process
i was really scared the first time i had my interview with one of the firms, but then 2, 3, 4, i just got used to it and found it quite enjoyable, its like a normal conversation for me now :D

ed1090

HSC
Hey guys,

I have a 2nd interview with Moore Stephens but this time its with the partner and manager.. can anyone give me any details to what they might ask? as in r they just gnna let me know more about the firm & want to find out more about me etc .? or r they gonna ask behavioural qs?

Thanks

Lordie

HSC
They'll ask all those questions. They will want to see your confidence, probably team skills, leadership skills, decision making skills and get to know why exactly you want to work with their company, and not someone else.

They will give you time to ask questions, so I'll tell you know, have some good ones prepared!

:)

leoyh

mic`
HSC
i'm guessing that the 2nd round would be more behavioural based, especially since its with a partner. first round is usually with a HR person or maybe a senior and thats just to see if ur the right type of person and usually it's just a casual chat about why u want to join the firm, why you're interested in a cadetship etc

some firms only have one interview, like PwC and Deloitte and thats straight out behavioural with a partner. but if this is a 2nd round, i'd probably say its behavioural

good luck

Last edited:

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
Guol said:
hmph just got my PwC rejection call.

I guess they've filled all their cadet slots and are just rejecting everyone from this point on.

what a shame..
dammit! same.

the lady said there were no more cadet spots in either assurance or tax/legal

so crushed. :(

Guol

Awesome Member
HSC
Just received my EY contract about a minute ago.
And got a free bag!
haha, I'm sold :p

shilinjuju

HSC
N/A
Hey Guol,

Which day were u on for EY?

To current cadets: do some divisions get paid more than other? In the contracts, do they tell u how much u earn? I'm excited about getting my PWC one!

Guol

Awesome Member
HSC
seremify007 said:
Congrats. Are you from Baulko mate?
Yup, good old Baulko.

Are you in a cadetship atm? What is it like?

shilinjuju said:
Hey Guol,

Which day were u on for EY?

To current cadets: do some divisions get paid more than other? In the contracts, do they tell u how much u earn? I'm excited about getting my PWC one!
I was at EY yesterday (Wednesday) so pretty amazed at how fast everything has progressed. In the space of 24 hours I have my contract and everything

Also, my EY contract specified how much I earn. So yeah I assume yours would as well.

ShadowSwifter said:
is it through the mail brother?
Came by express courier actually.

Last edited:

emperor90

HSC
hey!

i have conquest tomorrow at PwC in newcastle and i was wondering if anyone could tell me what the numeric test is like? Are the questions very similar to the ones on shl direct or are they harder??

how many questions do you get and approximately how long does this section go for??

thanks, and congrats to everyone who has got offers!!!

Lordie

HSC
emperor90 said:
hey!

i have conquest tomorrow at PwC in newcastle and i was wondering if anyone could tell me what the numeric test is like? Are the questions very similar to the ones on shl direct or are they harder??

how many questions do you get and approximately how long does this section go for??

thanks, and congrats to everyone who has got offers!!!
Hey,

Test is easier than the one they sent you, but the same type of questions - that is, interpreting data from graphs and tables - and lots of percentages. It's 18 questions in 17 minutes. I got the job, so I can't have done too badly. Heh

Well good luck tomorrow, don't stress too much! :)

emperor90

HSC
thanks for the reply!! did you find that was more than enough time to complete the questions??

Im glad its easier, that makes me feel a bit better lol

thanks again

Lordie

HSC
emperor90 said:
thanks for the reply!! did you find that was more than enough time to complete the questions??

Im glad its easier, that makes me feel a bit better lol

thanks again
No problemo!

Ah, I had about 5 minutes left at the end, but it depends. It should be fine - and don't worry, everyone at the Sydney Conquest thought the practice was hard as well! Hehe.

You'll do fine. Just be confident in your interview, and talk a lot in the team work task!!

Black Hawker

HSC
Lordie said:
McGrathNicol called me last night. I turned them down for an interview because of my job with PwC :p

You still might get a call!!!
Really? Around what time?

I really would like to get a cadetship with them. They seem to be an interesting firm.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Guol said:
Yup, good old Baulko.

Are you in a cadetship atm? What is it like?
Cool- more Baulko guys in our firm would be great. There's surprisingly a lot of Baulko ppl around.

It's a pretty good environment to be in. It's kindof like school as someone pointed out- you can do the basics and get through, or you can volunteer and do lots of random things like organising social functions and coming up with ways to keep the team together such asaway days, treasure hunts across the city, dinner parties, random competitions (this is how we ended up with a foosball table), etc...

Ultimately though you need to be interested in the core business and work that you'll be doing. It's quite difficult to explain but it's nowhere near as bad or as boring as the stereotypes would suggest. It surprised even me. And psh, everyone on BoS said we'd get to make coffee and photocopy all day- no such luck!

Hardest bit would have to be getting used to the time. Waking up early (taking into account where we lived if we studied at Baulko), and having to stay awake for a good chunk of the day, and then coming home at like 6pm, that was pretty hectic for someone like me who was used to having ample hours of sleep and not being required to be "always on".

Lordie

HSC
Black Hawker said:
Really? Around what time?

I really would like to get a cadetship with them. They seem to be an interesting firm.
They called at around 6:30 pm!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)