ACCT1501 - Exam (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
what do you mean you did the same but didnt write it down??
Wrote the same steps using the working out paper, didn't actually know that it was actually the Du Pont method but I had no idea what Du pont method actually meant so I left it blank.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Du Pont?

what is that

must've put new content since 2 semesters ago

maheenreza

HSC
Uni Grad
Yea multiply 3 formulas,just look at the denominators and numerators and use 3 that cancel each other out and get the formula for the one with the 13percent thing.
Acct1501 exam has been the easiest so far,Econ1101 was easy too,I just did both the choice answers without realising they were choices and ended up not having time for 7 marks I left earlier to come back at and write with time in the compulsory Question.FML.
Math 1151 now,the one which has ripped me apart.
Gonna start studying today.Cuz I haven't done one problem,throughout the semester.No wonder I'm below a fail.

W

Wonka1

Yea multiply 3 formulas,just look at the denominators and numerators and use 3 that cancel each other out and get the formula for the one with the 13percent thing.
Acct1501 exam has been the easiest so far,Econ1101 was easy too,I just did both the choice answers without realising they were choices and ended up not having time for 7 marks I left earlier to come back at and write with time in the compulsory Question.FML.
Math 1151 now,the one which has ripped me apart.
Gonna start studying today.Cuz I haven't done one problem,throughout the semester.No wonder I'm below a fail.
lol, so you went so hard on two subjects to get a HD, so you could fail MATH1151.

That course is only meant to be for actuarial majors. If you don't like maths, why the hell are you trying to do actuarial son?

I think you failed micro (well you should). There are diminishing marginal returns to study. There is no point putting all your effort into accounting and economics, and then doing absolutely nothing for maths and getting a nice fail on your transcript for all eternity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonneeh

HSC
That DuPoint formula, its not necessarily new content since its embedded in one of the chapters (like ~2pages?) we had to learn anyways
They told us about it but just said we wouldn't be examined on it (2011).

Jonneeh

HSC
how about you take a read first before you start making assumptions.. when did maheenreza ever say he didnt like doing maths..
Maybe I'm reading between the lines, but "haven't done one problem,throughout the semester" (although its probably an exaggeration) indicates he doesn't care much about it.

bladeys

HSC
N/A
Maybe I'm reading between the lines, but "haven't done one problem,throughout the semester" (although its probably an exaggeration) indicates he doesn't care much about it.
lol clearly its exaggeration. from what i gather maheenrezas other posts he is a drama queen

maheenreza

HSC
Uni Grad
lol, so you went so hard on two subjects to get a HD, so you could fail MATH1151.

That course is only meant to be for actuarial majors. If you don't like maths, why the hell are you trying to do actuarial son?

I think you failed micro (well you should). There are diminishing marginal returns to study. There is no point putting all your effort into accounting and economics, and then doing absolutely nothing for maths and getting a nice fail on your transcript for all eternity.
Going to have to agree on that
Guys I love Math.
I dint study a lot this semester and hence the fail in Math.
All the 3 other subjects are ridiculously easy.I just put in all nighters and it seemed enough.I don't know though,maybe all that I wrote on the papers was bs.But rn,I feel it was ok.
I dint sit for 8 percent of the online tests as being out for the first 4 weeks and not knowing anyone else doing actuarial till like week 8 meant I had no idea about them.
But that doesn't mean I don't love maths,I look forward to the next 5 days and hopefully I won't have to learn past exam papers by looking at how to answer and rather do some this time around!

maheenreza

HSC
Uni Grad
lol clearly its exaggeration. from what i gather maheenrezas other posts he is a drama queen
Im not.Honestly stressed out about math.
I do know Im all right with studies and little effort does the trick for me in most things.
Anyways,do you have 1151?
If so could you help me out with some of the Lectures of Tranh I missed and upload there pictures?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Guys I love Math.
I dint study a lot this semester and hence the fail in Math.
All the 3 other subjects are ridiculously easy.I just put in all nighters and it seemed enough.I don't know though,maybe all that I wrote on the papers was bs.But rn,I feel it was ok.
I dint sit for 8 percent of the online tests as being out for the first 4 weeks and not knowing anyone else doing actuarial till like week 8 meant I had no idea about them.
But that doesn't mean I don't love maths,I look forward to the next 5 days and hopefully I won't have to learn past exam papers by looking at how to answer and rather do some this time around!
if you did 4unit maths iirc learning Maths1A in 5 days is doable, so I don't reckon you'll fail

halapenyo

HSC
if you did 4unit maths iirc learning Maths1A in 5 days is doable, so I don't reckon you'll fail
but 1151 is really different to 4 unit. but i see what you mean, shouldnt take too long to learn. reza mate obviously you arent going to be getting flash marks for this subjects due to your situation. just study everything in the course, even if in not great detail and get the mark you need to pass. you dont want to sit this whole course again it might be a pain especially since you will have 5 subjects to do next sem if that happens.

bladeys

HSC
N/A
You dont need friends to be able to check the course outline... I think thats pretty stupid of you not to check what assessments you would be doing in math1151

Im not.Honestly stressed out about math.
I meant you sounded like a drama queen when you were worried about getting lower than an 80 wam in another thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)