• don't know

Votes: 27 6.5%

• Total voters

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Gangels said:
Theres a few who beleive it was. I read about them in science. They believe it was the left nostril of a snake the world came out of then the snake exploded into the sun. I think it was a big snake.............:)
where did the snake come from?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Vahl3 said:
We may have been created, but not by some deadbeat Christian God. I like the idea that we are the spawn of some kick-arse awesome Space Faring Civilisation that desingned us to be some sort of weapon in their galactic war. Or something....

*Its more exciting*
I like that one!

Familiar with the concept 2, like half the Scifi books i read talk about it, they did a good show of it in star trek aswell.

IT WAS THE MARTIANS!!!!

if not i reckon we will have to "seed the galaxy" so to speak and spread the lov... life

Red-Ink-Frenzy

HSC
Totally evolution over creationism - the earth being created in six days is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard.

It's funny because I go to a Christian school and when we were talking about oil in Chemistry, my teacher was all 'The universe is only 15000 years old and oil doesn't take millions of years to form, but I have to tell you it does because of the syllabus'. I exchanged a look with my friend and coughed out quietly 'bullshit'.

Ironically, my father is a geology major, so he got all riled up when I told him about it.

And to all the bible-bashers out there, god created animals before humans - so evolution could have occurred and the bible expresses 'how-we-came-to-be' in terms that even the simpletons who thought the earth was flat could understand.

Oh, yeah. The bible doesn't mention the dinosaurs either. Try proving they never existed.

And if you go 'oh, Genesis is just a metaphor', then what else in that book is a metaphor?

HSC
The bible never cared about dinosaurs, they're just bones to us.

i believe in both, adam and eve was monkeys before they 'evolved' to humans

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
It is firmly established that evolution accounts for some of the diversity we see around us - antiobiotic resistance in bacteria is a classic and relatively airtight example. While we can't claim with absolute certainty (as is generally the case in good science) that evolutionary theory accounts for all, or the vast majority, of the diversity in our biological environment, evolution nonetheless comes out as a pretty damn strong theory. Note further that evolutionary processes are to be expected mathematically given the existence of genetically inheritable traits and variations in biological fitness. The successful organisms survive more easily, breed, and pass on their characteristics to the next generation. Simple.

Whether or not this process can account for all diversity it needs to be conceeded that a) evolution, if only on a minor scale, occurs and b) evolution accounts for at least some of the diversity we observe.

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
i belive in evolution, i like the fact we are complex organisms, that evolved from practically nothing =]

Has anyone ever thought about how 'god' says that he made man in his image, and pick some rib to make the woman or something... Humankind is flawed, makes you wonder if the 'god' that everyone belives in, is flawed too..=\

kchap42

HSC
Cape said:
I believe that we are mammals who have evolved from natural selection into the way that we live today. Personally I believe science to be a far more reliable source than religion. But that could have a lot to do with my upbringing, mainly because I'm not religous and I have always had a interest in science.
YEP im going with this :D
This is how i've always thought.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
CSI: CRIMES ™ said:
The bible never cared about dinosaurs, they're just bones to us.

i believe in both, adam and eve was monkeys before they 'evolved' to humans
FFS, and to everyone who thinks this:

HUMANS DID NOT EVOLVE FROM 'MONKEYS'.

Humans and other primates diverged from a common primate-like mammalian ancestor. NOT A FUCKING MONKEY. GET IT RIGHT.

Also lol you wouldn't be here if it weren't for dinosaurs and other reptiles that evolved into mammals (Pelycosaurs and Cynodonts, anyone?).

beentherdunthat

HSC
pattii said:
i belive in evolution, i like the fact we are complex organisms, that evolved from practically nothing =]
Dude. Ur still a COMPLEX ORGANISM. Cyanobacteria/bacteria isn't nothin'- lol. ;)

pattii said:
Has anyone ever thought about how 'god' says that he made man in his image, and pick some rib to make the woman or something... Humankind is flawed, makes you wonder if the 'god' that everyone belives in, is flawed too..=\
Wtf.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Gosford said:
i believe creationism for several reasons
where r tranistional forms???
i got several other beefs with problem
Fire away, I'll be more than happy to debunk each and every one of those 'reasons' and 'beefs'.

Also, a transitional form is kind of hard to explain in simple terms, but fossil species such as Miohippus (ancestral to the horse) and Ambulocetus (ancestral to whales) are examples of transitional fossils - i.e. moving from an otter-like land mammal to a fully aquatic one in the whale's case.

In the case of Archaeopteryx, it's a sort of parallel transitory form in that it shows the delineation from dinosaurs to birds, but no true birds are related to it.

Last edited:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Every time you find a new transitionary form it just creates 2 new gaps that you don't have one for, making your theory all the more wrong

only Allah could have created the world as it is

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
The thing about science is that you tend to go with the theory which has the most evidence behind it. The current theory being evolution. IF another theory comes along, good luck to it, but we can already see that the world was not created as it is. Therefore creationism is wrong, or God decided to put dinosaur skeletons in the ground for shits and giggles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)