• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

"Adoption should be legalised for homosexual couples" (2 Viewers)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
It's because you're sticking your doodle in another dudes pooper!

But it's not immoral if you're a man and you stick it in a girls pooper, coz thats what girls r for.

I dunno, I assume that's the crux of the issue

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I literally spent months arguing against this in a thread from four or five years ago. However, I've come to realise that homosexuals should be allowed to experience the same misery and hardship as heterosexuals. It's only fair guys, if you want to be more like us, welcome to the club.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Iron, i dont know if you're playing devils advocate or whatever, but can you give me a non christian, non moral reason as to why gays shouldnt be allowed to adopt?

i'm asking this because our society is secular, government rules and regulations should be as well.
Christian and moral reasons are all I have! Separation of church and state does not mean that all Christian morality is always invalid in social policy!

A homosexual union is a union closed to life. It is therefore against He who is life. It is also therefore the false way and the untrue.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Taking the religious parts out, since government is not controlled by the religious, i dont see why they cant, sure there might be problems in the future (father teaching how to fix a car, women and their lifestyles), but christ, druged up families living on the dole can have kids.

The welfare system do vigorous tests on families to see if they are worthy enough for being able to adopt. The small minority of homosexuals who are just right crazy nuters would be screened out, and in most cases, looked down upon by the majority of homosexuals who would pass more tests then straight couples.

Its the minoirty that make the rest look bad. Its the same for the Furry Fandom, the VERY small minority who fuck animals make the rest look bad, and most just like drawing Furry Artwork.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Taking the religious parts out, since government is not controlled by the religious, i dont see why they cant, sure there might be problems in the future (father teaching how to fix a car, women and their lifestyles), but christ, druged up families living on the dole can have kids.

The welfare system do vigorous tests on families to see if they are worthy enough for being able to adopt. The small minority of homosexuals who are just right crazy nuters would be screened out, and in most cases, looked down upon by the majority of homosexuals who would pass more tests then straight couples.

Its the minoirty that make the rest look bad. Its the same for the Furry Fandom, the VERY small minority who fuck animals make the rest look bad, and most just like drawing Furry Artwork.
furfag detected

Lentern

HSC
The 'appeal to nature' argument, for or against homosexuality, is retarded. It's evident and common in nature but so are all sorts of things, nature has nothing to do with morality.

When considering any policy, especially restricting or banning any action, we should ask "who is harmed by this man's action"?
You're awesome.

Now for Iron. Iron I am a practicisng catholic you might recall although you probably don't that once upon a long ago I was abused to no end in one of those does god exists threads by the agnostic mafia for calling the big bang religious theory. Do you believe that god would be so nasty as to create someone in such a way that unless they lived a loveless life they were to spend an eternity suffering? If you do swallow that, if you trully believe he could be so nasty, what the hell are you doing worshiping him? Surely it is possible that his adherents somewhere along the way got the signals wrong?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
You're awesome.

Now for Iron. Iron I am a practicisng catholic you might recall although you probably don't that once upon a long ago I was abused to no end in one of those does god exists threads by the agnostic mafia for calling the big bang religious theory. Do you believe that god would be so nasty as to create someone in such a way that unless they lived a loveless life they were to spend an eternity suffering? If you do swallow that, if you trully believe he could be so nasty, what the hell are you doing worshiping him? Surely it is possible that his adherents somewhere along the way got the signals wrong?
Evidently youre not much of a Catholic? We reject the premise that the sex urge must be entertained no matter what, or that a life without sex is a life without love.

These people are called to abstinence. As Paul heroically said, no moral challenge is new or unique. We are all born with the tools to combat our evil temptations.
All that is needed is faith and will.

Resistance of evil is the supreme trial of all mankind

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Appeal to majority

Lentern

HSC
Evidently youre not much of a Catholic? We reject the premise that the sex urge must be entertained no matter what, or that a life without sex is a life without love.

These people are called to abstinence. As Paul heroically said, no moral challenge is new or unique. We are all born with the tools to combat our evil temptations.
All that is needed is faith and will.

Resistance of evil is the supreme trial of all mankind
Iron what kind of loon decides that something which hurts nobody, which can bring great happiness and pleasure to human's is wrong? Consensual gay sex makes the world a better place. The catholic church as an institution has changed it's views for millenia, it does not make one a pagan to assume they are going to continue this trend. I place far more value on prayer than passages of the bible and from that I believe christ encourages love not bigotry. And how do you morally justify worshipping him if he is as malicious, proud and bigotted as the bible makes him out to be? You wouldn't tolerate comparable cruelty from your fellow man.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I dont accept that for something to be 'wrong' it has to 'hurt' an individual, or me. Society as a whole is hurt, the family unit is hurt, the divine plan of procreation is hurt. Why does everybody confuse love with personal fulfillment? With lust? 'The good' is not always 'the pleasurable'. This confusion is one of the greatest problems in today's consumer society. Often it is good to deny temptation to selfishness and greed! This all comes back to the concept that there are greater truths beyond the individual! Accepting this is the touchstone of absolutism! It is the foundation of Christianity!

coopert

HSC
I apologize for my ignorance Iron, I have not been reading many of your posts in this thread, so I am only asking this out of sheer curiousity

Are you having a tounge in cheek joke, or are you actually voicing your opinions?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I apologize for my ignorance Iron, I have not been reading many of your posts in this thread, so I am only asking this out of sheer curiousity

Are you having a tounge in cheek joke, or are you actually voicing your opinions?
That's a mystical journey of discovery each member must take on his or her own

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
That's a mystical journey of discovery each member must take on his or her own
lol.

...I agree with Lentern. I don't think you should care if it doesn't hurt anyone (just talking about homosexuality specifically). And saying it doesn't hurt me but it hurts society as a whole is rather feeble. That statement is clearly just a product of your prejudice..with no backing. How queer (no pun intended).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)