• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

"Adoption should be legalised for homosexual couples" (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
No one who knows Christ is alone. Placing them in a house of terrible sin would be a worse outcome.

Give them up to the Catholics

impending joke in

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
All this moral decay is going to destroy human society, mark my words.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
fred nile said that the average australian expects every child to have the right to a mother, and a father

checkmate!

КГБ

Banned
HSC
iron, Islam is the solution.

you know you want to convert :p

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Stuff your grotty, hateful little shithole of a religion up your jumper.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
i want to say no, but they would probably do a better job than half the fuckwits i see with kids.

I completely disagree with it but they would do the right thing by the kids in most cases i reckon as they would want them.

having the biological requirements for having kids is naturally a prerequisite so i kind of endorse the whole mother/father thing but just because you can get laid doesn't mean your ready for kids.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Then maybe they shouldnt 'get laid'?

Shock horror!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
the point is, there isn't any reason to prohibit two fit parents from caring for a child.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Well like I said, I dont agree that a homosexual 'couple' is fit.
AND SO CAN YOU

Neither does "nature" btw!

КГБ

Banned
HSC
i agree with iron. im all in favor with gay people fucking each other and showing their affection in public without being prosecuted. however, i do think homosexuality is wrong. do i care what gays do ? no. but by approving adoption for gay couples i feel the government is encouraging homosexuality. which i am against.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i agree with iron. im all in favor with gay people fucking each other and showing their affection in public without being prosecuted. however, i do think homosexuality is wrong. do i care what gays do ? no. but by approving adoption for gay couples i feel the government is encouraging homosexuality. which i am against.
So you think that the government allowing two people of the same sex to adopt a child is going to make more people don strap ons and/or poke each other in the bum hole.

In my opinion, either you think gay is flat out wrong or you accept gay as equal to straight. They're people, they love, care. Why on earth does it matter what hole they aim for?

X

xeuyrawp

Why does Jesus never actually mention homosexuality, but Paul goes nuts.

IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.
I hate Paul. Apart from the superstitious crap, the Gospels are great. They really are. Then Paul comes along and turns it back towards the religion of hate whence Christianity sprang. /rage

Last edited by a moderator:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Why does homosexuality occur at certain prevalences within animal and human populations, though?

:(

Why does Jesus never actually mention homosexuality, but Paul goes nuts.

IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.
The 'nature' argument doesnt do much for me. Various percentages are or may be biologically predisposed to do certain harmful things - it doesnt make it right. Homosexuality, like a ream of other things such as drug abuse, violence, material greed etc, is a serious cross to bear.

I've previously agreed with Pwar about the Judaic bent Paul turned the early church on, but I think that Christ spoke broadly enough about love and truth to logically infer that homosexuality is an unreasonable entertaining of futile earthy lust at the cost of divine relationship.

HSC
I can't see the harm in letting homosexual couples adopt kids that would otherwise be wards of the state.

The sociological studies show no real difference in social outcomes between homosexual parents and heterosexual parents. I like to base my arguments on evidence... thus.
Sociological studies will not appease Him.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
tbqh, the homosexuality in animals/nature argument isnt all that persuasive to me, simply because it is such a statistical anomaly.

but people arent animals, they hardly ever engage in sex for procreation, why should it matter if they're gay if they're fit parents.

Iron, i dont know if you're playing devils advocate or whatever, but can you give me a non christian, non moral reason as to why gays shouldnt be allowed to adopt?

i'm asking this because our society is secular, government rules and regulations should be as well.

Last edited:

zstar

HSC
N/A
Homosexuals will turn the child into a rapist.

HSC
tbqh, the homosexuality in animals/nature argument isnt all that persuasive to me, simply because it is such a statistical anomaly.
Just pretending that it was definitively proven that homosexuality was unnatural, why would this matter? Humans do unnatural things all of the time, (such as typing on a keyboard, drinking coke, using condoms), but we don't think that the unnaturalness of these things results in them being immoral. So why would it be so with homosexuality?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
The 'appeal to nature' argument, for or against homosexuality, is retarded. It's evident and common in nature but so are all sorts of things, nature has nothing to do with morality.

When considering any policy, especially restricting or banning any action, we should ask "who is harmed by this man's action"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)