• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

"Adoption should be legalised for homosexual couples" (1 Viewer)

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know why there is a problem with same sex couples adopting children, unless one or both is like a convicted child sex offender or somthing.

I think it should be legal

Lentern

HSC
I'm not claiming that theological debate is simple? The Church is not on auto-pilot. Reason, logic and thoughtful discussion is as much a divine gift as love and compassion. The point is that the Church councils are the propper bodies to conduct such debate, not the unsophisticated individual's mind.
Church authorities like the one that locked Galileo up?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Gays will obviously use this to recruit people to their homosexual agenda. Therefore, gays should be able to adopt.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
We believe that the Holy Bible is literally God's definitive word to man. You have no right as a Catholic to interpret it privately.

This is one of the major problems i have with the Catholic Church, you are not encouraged to interpret the word privately. Just because some old dude in Rome claims that something is the correct interpretation, you are meant to follow. This however leaves no room for correction due to the belief his word is infallible and you are basing your entire faith on what the pope who is an old man and sinner himself has to say about it.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Church authorities like the one that locked Galileo up?
Church authorities like the one you claim to be a member of.
Our German Shepherd has apologised for Galileo.

Lentern

HSC
Church authorities like the one you claim to be a member of.
Our German Shepherd has apologised for Galileo.
Well when I'm Pope I'll apologise for Sir Elton.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I think many of you are ignorant of the complex theological principles that dp battle in the quest of determining Catholic morality. It is hardly arbitrary and popular opinion is irrelevant

Lentern

HSC
I think many of you are ignorant of the complex theological principles that dp battle in the quest of determining Catholic morality. It is hardly arbitrary and popular opinion is irrelevant
Iron if you felt as though your prayers lead you in contrasting ways to the bible, for example to wear a garment woven of two threads, which outranks which prayer or the Bible?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Sorry, are you saying that you hold lucid conversations with God when you pray?

КГБ

Banned
HSC
everyone knows how muslims pray, but how do christians pray?
they just fold their arms and say a few words and thats it?

Lentern

HSC
On the contrary he's saying he can misappropriate quotes from the west wing to make a point.

The West Wing: Bible Quotes: Chapter & Verse
My friend West Wing did not invent that, and there are few people on this forum that couldn't pick it as something from the west wing a mile away. But long before Jed slammed that bible bashing radio host there was a well known list of extreme pieces of guidance in the bible that progressive christians used in such instances.

As for Iron, no I don't recieve lucid words but I do believe that prayer has it's role. Are you saying it doesn't?

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
who deleted my comment lol

"dont muslims rape virgins and smear themselves with pig blood when they prey to their moon god?"

Craven

HSC
I'm not claiming that theological debate is simple? The Church is not on auto-pilot. Reason, logic and thoughtful discussion is as much a divine gift as love and compassion. The point is that the Church councils are the propper bodies to conduct such debate, not the unsophisticated individual's mind.
What I am saying is that God must have individually informed all the cardinals, etc. of what he intended them to reinterpret his original word as, if you do indeed claim that the Church's interpretation is God's word. If this was the case, why would the councils take so long? Surely they'd be over within a day! Or perhaps you think the men squabble over it for so long that God himself finally decides to come down and set them straight?

Last edited:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
who deleted my comment lol

"dont muslims rape virgins and smear themselves with pig blood when they prey to their moon god?"

Wow, Khorne the blood god much?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)