Advice : How do you guys get energy after school to study? (1 Viewer)

Ambility

HSC
whatever you do, don't let yourself fall into the habit of napping after school... it will ruin your sleeping pattern and your life (trust me). the best thing you can do is develop good habits - so for example, exercise for 30 minutes when you get home, have a light snack (fruit or healthy foods, DON'T RELY ON A SUGAR RUSH FOR ENERGY! the snack should be small so that you're not feeling hungry/restless while you study before dinner), shower, and then get straight into studying. i always feel super tired when i get home from school, and i made the mistake of relying on long after school naps/caffeine and it screwed up my study schedule and my sleeping pattern really bad. biggest mistake i made tbh. just get into a good solid routine and stick with it. and ensure you get enough sleep every night, of course, because that'll be the best way to make sure you're not feeling tired.
I'm curious as to how napping in the afternoon negatively affected you. I've been taking naps in the afternoon for the last part of year 11, and I don't think it is that bad. Basically I got home, had a shower and slept from 3:30-6:00pm. Then I had dinner, did study and slept again from about midnight-morning. Should I stop doing this?

Jeff_

HSC
I'm curious as to how napping in the afternoon negatively affected you. I've been taking naps in the afternoon for the last part of year 11, and I don't think it is that bad. Basically I got home, had a shower and slept from 3:30-6:00pm. Then I had dinner, did study and slept again from about midnight-morning. Should I stop doing this?
I cannot get enough of sleep so it doesn't for me anyway :p

However when I did take naps in the afternoon, when I wake up feeling more tired than before (for a while, but that's the same for mornings)... so I do all the studying and just 'try' to sleep 'earlier' at night haha.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
you would buy from a company that straight out lies to you? red bull has never given me wings, i had dreams and red bull just crushed and shit on them.
mother, v, monster, rockstarr (cheap alternative but bad flavours) are suitable alternatives

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
I made the mistake of not taking regular breaks during my HSC and put a lot of pressure on my self by always feeling like I had to study. This in turn made me really stressed and anxious all the time, losing my focus .

The biggest tip I can give you is take time out for things you enjoy. For example, I'll study for 45 mins without distractions and then spend 10 - 15 mins doing something I enjoy (Which in my case is reading a book). I find doing this keeps me fresh and motivated. I find that I am procrastinating less.

Writing a to-do list is also great and you can cross it off as you go, seeing how much you achieve is satisfying and motivates you to study.

Don't sacrifice your sleep. Spend half an hour to an hour with all your screens reading a (non-school) book or magazine. This leads to your mind being able to switch off leading to a better quality of sleep.

Don't beat yourself up if you can't stick to a specific routine. What worked for you last semester might not necessarily work for you now. Maintaining a work-life balance is always a work in process.

Good luck!

mkristie

HSC
if it works for you, then yeah i'd recommend you keep doing it. my issue was that i got home between 4:30-4:45 so my naps finished later, and i wasn't waking up til 8-9pm so basically my whole afternoon was taken up (plus i'm extremely lazy and could never be bothered studying after my naps cause i still felt really tired). as long as you have the motivation and discipline to study effectively after you wake up from a nap, then i don't see why afternoon naps would be an issue for you. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)