advice needed - dropping out (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I want to transfer too...
so here's what I'm doing
try and get credit average this semester (I hate uni too!)
go on leave next semester (I deserve a break cause I'll be working my brains out this semester!!!)
apply for internal transfer for next year and also apply through UAC to change unis if I can!

In your case I'll advise not to drop out cause its hard to get in again and unless your UAI is considerable higher then the course cut off chances are you won't get accepted cause its even harder the second time round...
so just let uni kill your social life for 4 months and think of the possiblities/rewards afterwards!

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
Originally posted by peepee
why are you people asking me for my msn!!!! lol
coz its just easier to hv a convo and to tell u good advice bout this rather than hving to post all the time. :)

so u hv msn or not?

peepee

loser.
HSC
everyone has a valid point, but....

right now i'm leaning towards tafe... at least i'll be doing something i like.

and i can use the diploma i'll get at tafe for academic credit, maybe i can transfer back into uni

i mean, i'm not too fussed about going to uni... i just want to do what i like, which is tourism

getting back into uni would just be a bonus

*sigh* ok malazn and dingo, PM...

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
u could try tafe.. tho u'd have to wait till the next intake to switch.

or you could take it on the chin drop down to say 1 or 2 courses you think you could tolerate and then next semester try for an internal transfer. That way u still get some academic credit, and u can transfer. so its not a complete waste of time.

I'm in a similar situation only i can't see any other option than sitting it out this semester/year and waiting to see if i can afford to transfer to another uni or go to Tafe next sem/year.

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
I'd say stay in the course just for the cadavers, peepee.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
Necro! T'would be fun... do a mortuarians course at TAFE :D

'Oh what are you doing at tafe.. Tourism and mortuary studies..' "Ah... so you want to play with dead tourists? You like the foreign variety hrm? hrm?"

layzie bone

PeePee, I already dropped, there's no shame in that, the only thing you have to prepare for while waiting for a semesta to come in TAFE is...

How to occupy your free time...

Right now I got a job at Maccas, and I'm trying to look for another job that would be much better... can anyone help?

peepee

loser.
HSC
yo layzie bone, i read your post in the TAFE forum

it's so bizarre, we are going through the exact same thing

good onya, i'm resigning on monday

it was a tough decision....most people suggested that i stay in uni...they obviously highly regard uni...
but just as long as we're doing something we like, right?

i'm a bit like you....i did hospitality in year 11 and 12, as well as tourism

what hospitality course did you want to do at tafe?

layzie bone

Hotel management, to which there is a short course on next month which I'm gonna take for 4 days to get a liquor license and a hotel one.

peepee

loser.
HSC
Originally posted by layzie bone
Hotel management, to which there is a short course on next month which I'm gonna take for 4 days to get a liquor license and a hotel one.
what exactly is this short course? i'm interested

Dingo, Tourism is the temporary movement of people from one area to another in for either leisure or business purposes, so the industry involves those businesses that provide services for these tourists like tour operators, carriers (airlines, coach companies etc), travel agents, that sort of thing.

but it isn't to be confused with Hospitality...this is a subset of the tourism industry mainly focusing on food and bev, accommodation and that sort of stuff.

lolzieee

rOosters ^_-
i think tourism would be fun

i'd love to work in some swanky 5 star hotel! :D

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
yeh hospitality sux
haehaeha
but at unsw there is a course called
B Commerce (Marketing & Hospitality and Tourism Management)

so it goes together. !!! dam !!
hahhaa

but at uws its 2 seperate courses (B Business (Tourism), and B Business (Hospitality), and offered at 2 different campuses.. but there are some subjects that do overlap each other in those 2 courses..
so i guess its similar shit.. !

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)