Advice on jealousy (1 Viewer)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Hey guys...

My boyfriend can be extremely jealous of me around my male friends, often to the point where he gets angry with me about it as soon as we're alone.

He'll say something like "you spent a lot of time talking to (insert name here) last night" or ask whether I find other guys more attractive than him.

I am fiercely loyal and i would never cheat on him. he knows this, but says it's in his nature to be jealous because of his insecurities and such.

It comes between us all the time, i was just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation because apart from this we're basically argument-free.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Sounds like a shit person, you should dump him for someone more attractive.

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
A little bit of jealousy can be cute, but that's just self-indulgent.

Maybe... tell him you have a problem with him being so insecure/ attention seeking. Do not let him make you choose between your friends and him. That's not cool.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
AlleyCat said:
Hey guys...

My boyfriend can be extremely jealous of me around my male friends, often to the point where he gets angry with me about it as soon as we're alone.

He'll say something like "you spent a lot of time talking to (insert name here) last night" or ask whether I find other guys more attractive than him.

I am fiercely loyal and i would never cheat on him. he knows this, but says it's in his nature to be jealous because of his insecurities and such.

It comes between us all the time, i was just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation because apart from this we're basically argument-free.
possible solutions:
1) Suggest that you were only talking to them to arrange a threesome
2) Tell him you don't find any guys more attractive than him because you're actually a lesbian
3) Do exactly the same thing back at him "You're in love with your mum aren't you!? You're always talking to her"

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Big80smullet said:
Stop acting like a ho around his friends...
they're my friends.

the thing is, i can understand how he's feeling on a smaller scale, because i think everyone experiences jealousy at one point or another, but for him its just highly exaggerated.

i think he has some self esteem issues to deal with, but how do I help the situation in practical terms.

he has already admitted that it is unreasonable for him to act in this way, but that he can't help the feeling that rises when he sees me with other guys.

does anyone else know what this is like?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
just keep calling him clingy and needy and shouting at him for doing it. that's what maya does to me.

imsickofyear12

HSC
Be like me. I'm really attractive and can get any girl I want except I've never posted pictures but I choose not to be in a relationship. Not because I can't get into one but because I am so attractive and not fat and not addicted to pizza and can get any girl I want but because of the earlier mentioned facts no girl can keep their hands off me. This would make any potential significant other extremely jealous. And remember it is not because I am a fat loser that I have no girlfriend or the pizza I eat that resembles my face but because I'm really smart and good looking and too good for their standards.

K

katie_tully

never been in that situation but it sounds like he either has some maaaaaaajor baggage from a previous relationship or worse yet, he doesn't trust HIMSELF with other females and thinks your brain ticks the same way.

just keep calling him clingy and needy and shouting at him for doing it. that's what maya does to me.
Hahaha staz, reminds me of this couple on Dr Phil yesterday. they had restraining orders out on each other a week before they got married.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
AlleyCat said:
Hey guys...

Yeah. I dumped his arse. It gets old very very quickly and, as I found, isn't just insecurity - it's posesivness. It's control. And you dont need that bullshit or the guilt he inflicts, you are allowed male friends other than him and if he can't accept that, leave him. He'll either wake up and realise he's being a cock, or he'll go find some other chick to control.

K

katie_tully

Remember our advice when you win your Oscar, pre rehab stint of course.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
White Rabbit said:
Yeah. I dumped his arse. It gets old very very quickly and, as I found, isn't just insecurity - it's posesivness. It's control. And you dont need that bullshit or the guilt he inflicts, you are allowed male friends other than him and if he can't accept that, leave him. He'll either wake up and realise he's being a cock, or he'll go find some other chick to control.
This girl is onto something.

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
imsickofyear12 said:
Be like me. I'm really attractive and can get any girl I want except I've never posted pictures but I choose not to be in a relationship. Not because I can't get into one but because I am so attractive and not fat and not addicted to pizza and can get any girl I want but because of the earlier mentioned facts no girl can keep their hands off me. This would make any potential significant other extremely jealous. And remember it is not because I am a fat loser that I have no girlfriend or the pizza I eat that resembles my face but because I'm really smart and good looking and too good for their standards.
<3

iamsickofyear12

HSC
imsickofyear12 said:
I laughed at this one. Your first two posts weren't as good.

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
imsickofyear12 said:

Can I do you plz?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
DownInFlames said:
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Talk to yourself, much?[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']iamsickofyear12 vbmenu_register("postmenu_3126447", true); [/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Sociopath[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']
[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']HSC: 2004[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Gender: Male[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Location: Funkytown[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']imsickofyear12 vbmenu_register("postmenu_3126186", true); [/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']New Member[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']
[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']HSC: 2004[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Gender: Male[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Location: funkytown[/FONT]
Was there a particular point you were trying to make with this post?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)