Age, virginity, and your future (1 Viewer)

Ben1220

HSC
pffft. I'm not happy with this at all. Sounds like information being interpreted in some totally unreasonable monogomous and social conditioning heavy bullcrap mainstream media way.

I lost my virginity when I was 20, I'm now 22 and I've been with 12 girls. I'd probably be very different from the standard though as I've changed a lot in the last few years, became far more social, confident and comfortable.

Most guys I know, who were like me when I was 20 or 19... guys who are smart and virgins, and I know plenty of guys like this. Lots of my best friends from back in the day are like this. And yes, I do believe these guys will tend to be highly educated and make a lot of money and be totally happy in monogomous relationships as opposed to the complexity of casual relationships and whatever. But the reasons why this happens suggested are totally off the mark.

A lot of these guys are really lovely fantastic people. They do well in university, work hard, will get a good job straight out of university and try to do everything right and treat people nicely. They do overthink a lot of things though, they tend to have a big self image that they like to protect, they worry about what people think of them, they get anxious easily around difficult social situations. It's easy to make them flustered. This kind of guy isn't really thinking about sex very often, they live for other things, but if you were going to put a willing attractive women in front of them and they thought that there'd be no risk of it coming back to haunt them at all they'd do it.
These guys, as asexual as a vibe they might give off, do have sexual fantasies and are interested in sex, just like any healthy person.

And the same goes for a lot of girls too, they're smart, they're good girls who don't party and might be a bit shy, and hence nothing has ever "happened" romantically to them. They get to 20 and start worrying that they'll never find a man but they don't want to become slutty either because they're worried about being judged.

It's not a choice to wait for the right person or something romantic and mature sounding like that, that's just backwards rationalisation 101. It's fear of the unknown, fear of being judged, and prefering the comfortable but somewhat dull familiar over doing something new.
Everyone is interested in sex, it's just that some people are afraid of it more than they're interested in it.

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
Another example of correlation =/= causation
if you're gonna bang when you're really young obviously the fact that you had sex when you were 15 won't mean you will have a shit marriage/be promiscuous/whatever but whatever led you to having sex when you're that young will

but not always, obvs

i mean i was young i guess (16 and a half) and i'm 21 now and have been with 5 people, 3 of which were relationships/dating so you know do whatever you want yolo

Dan895

HSC
Uni Grad
Interesting. I know two 99+ people who lost virginity at 16 iirc.
Probs shouldn't correlate ATAR solely with sucess.
Additionally if you want to be super critial annecdotes aren't very good evidence to support a point. However I do think this study is odd

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
pffft. I'm not happy with this at all. Sounds like information being interpreted in some totally unreasonable monogomous and social conditioning heavy bullcrap mainstream media way.
what the fuck did you just type

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)