Aims for the holidays (3 Viewers)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Ohh, but it's all bitter and everything. What's wrong with a nice cup of coke, or coffee? :p
Not that I would advocate many people drinking this, but Corona is a popular starter beer with some people as a slice of lime is also added to the bottle.

Worth a try I suppose.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Not that I would advocate many people drinking this, but Corona is a popular starter beer with some people as a slice of lime is also added to the bottle.

Worth a try I suppose.
I tried a Gin + Tonic once. Was quite nice. It had a lime slice in it. I also tried a Metropolitan, which was also quite nice.

Granted, it took me about 20 minutes to finish the Metro. Was talking with a good friend.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I tried a Gin + Tonic once. Was quite nice. It had a lime slice in it. I also tried a Metropolitan, which was also quite nice.

Granted, it took me about 20 minutes to finish the Metro. Was talking with a good friend.
May I suggest a White Russian as something you could try? If you want to splurge, go for the Long Island Iced Tea.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Captain_Of_Eco, wow you are quite motivated. As much as I caution you to not burn yourself out and enjoy the last "easy" year of HS, I spose you could look ahead at eco and be sure it's a good subject for you. It's VERY different to Yr 9/10 Commerce, infact Yr 9/10 commerce barely has any eco in it, more legal/business imho.

And the difficulty is much greater too, Eco long responses are expected to be hitting everything right on the head and diagrams included.
See me in Yr 9/10-I didn't take classnotes in commerce or listen or anything. Got 99% every semester and first lol.
Yr 11 Eco-Did some work comparative to yr 9/10, but didn't get anywhere near as great results haha.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Despite I am only going in Y10 still have some stuff I want to do.

Mainly, because normal commerce is way to easy for me I want to try and learn half the Plem course for eco over the holidays. Anyone know where I can find the resources to do this. I also am working on an exchange application, some Maths and a templete for my assignments and some English notes.
Good plan indeed.
Studying preliminary Year 11 content for Economics, Physics and Chemistry is better than studying for Year 10 work...
Just ask your teachers at school whether you can borrow Year 11 textbooks, if not, ask your school library or local library for textbooks for studying ahead.
And if you're super dedicated, I guess you can try to purchase textbooks but in my opinion, it's a waste of money.
But, remember to enjoy Year 10 because it's the last 'fun' year you will ever have in high school...
But at the same time, using your time wisely and effectively in Year 10 may best prepare you for senior years!
Keep up the enthuasiasm and the dedication and you will surely excel in terms of academics!

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Drop-kicks.... medicine...

I do not see the correlation lol. A hugely inverse one however, I do see.
Nah lol m8, i should've been clearer.

I mean that if 'drop-kicks' are allowed to do courses such as med (as under this system people go straight to uni), then they'll just fail and drop the course.
Things will take care of themselves.

Or maybe having final exams in year 10. And 'general courses' (as in general ideas on the whole industry) in years 11 and 12. Sorta like that flexi engineering thing.

But this is detracting from the thread...

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Nah lol m8, i should've been clearer.

I mean that if 'drop-kicks' are allowed to do courses such as med (as under this system people go straight to uni), then they'll just fail and drop the course.
Things will take care of themselves.

Or maybe having final exams in year 10. And 'general courses' (as in general ideas on the whole industry) in years 11 and 12. Sorta like that flexi engineering thing.

But this is detracting from the thread...
If only it was that possible but university is expensive and I don't think the general public would appreciate having to pick up the bill for students who never had a chance of making it at a tertiary level.

HSC
Uni Grad
Drama - find what the hell I am doing for my IP
Art - complete two essays about Art & Power (even though it's due in week 5, I got the notes from my sister who did art a few years back - same topic - so I better do drafts ahead than my class who haven't started (as well as me) the topic in class yet) and finish the propsal (yay - two assessments)
Japanese Continuers - do the remaining last two units I still have + revision
English - Catch up what I have missed
SORII - ^

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
If only it was that possible but university is expensive and I don't think the general public would appreciate having to pick up the bill for students who never had a chance of making it at a tertiary level.
True. Well some fast forwading would be welcome as opposed to studying certain subjects of little use later on.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
NOTE to future self looking back at this post: Hopefully you've done all of the above. If not, then there is only one option....
I'm sorry m8 but you (well we) may be disappointed...

Hmm, maybe if i sent a robot/terminator to kill you and destroy this thread this problem would be solved.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
What have people been able to check off so far??
Half done chem assignment
Half done english assignment
Finished chem notes
...thankfully we still have the whole of january :D

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Does procrastination/going out count?

If not then i've just read all my english texts... lol

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^Tried to summarize some chem today...argh. Chem is definitely my freaking out subject.

When I'm away, it's at science camp. Do you think I can soak all the smart kid's knowledge through osmosis :p

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
^Tried to summarize some chem today...argh. Chem is definitely my freaking out subject.

When I'm away, it's at science camp. Do you think I can soak all the smart kid's knowledge through osmosis :p
Better yet, kidnap them and bring them to Spiral! I'll finally get to have New Years dinner.

ej114

HSC
English: do justice game and the simple gift essays

Biology: fix up maintaing summaries (done), possibly start blueprint

Chemistry: get up to date on production summaries (done)

Physics: do space summaries

Graphics: continue on with major work

Maths: finish exponential and do propability
I've now done as much as I can on my major work. Next up is 2 justice game essays and then to do the incomplete first three exercises in the exponential topic

Jay-k-bee1

HSC
I can not seem to get started on the pile of work i must complete before these hoildays are over D:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)