Aims for the holidays (1 Viewer)

nightweaver066

HSC
English: Reading given texts.
Maths: Try to finish Fitzpatrick 3U and consolidate skills in complex numbers, graphs and polynomials.
Chemistry: Revise POM, learn the acidic environment.
Physics: Revise Space, learn motors and generators.

Skeptyks

HSC
Yeh lol i find that problem alot. Most other subjects it it easier to teach yourself
I dunno man 6 weeks is a long time haha. Better to aim reallyy high and not make some objectives than to aim really low and do jack all.
Also, download heaps of notes online for Eco and your other subs. They're really helpful for studying/making your own notes
Yeah, I downloaded one Pompeii and Herculaneum notes document over 11k words and I aced the 1st section of my Ancient History test :p

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Oh and I forgot to say, do my SDD "major work" due in Term 1 Week 3. Revise SDD and IPT.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Yeah, I downloaded one Pompeii and Herculaneum notes document over 11k words and I aced the 1st section of my Ancient History test :p
Lol downloaded this 100+ page typed book eco. Also 2 gigs+ in other subjects. Thank you internet!!

Coookies

HSC
Maths: Revise the topics Ive done and do some more topics
Chemistry: Summarise and start next module
Economics: Summarise and start next module
Biology: Summarise and start next module
English: Read some of my text and get some ideas about Szrynecki

What a sad life I have..

Skeptyks

HSC
nah i don't mind too much haha. I'll just neg rep you every day.

Jks. :p

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Oh no Christmas! There will be happy children running around.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
English: Read Frankenstein & Romulus + take notes on both. Also get a list of possible related texts.
Physics: Make sure I can do every Space related question + get a basic understanding of the other topics, maybe start Motors. Also probably start doing some extracurricular stuff (Might try and learn basic GR or QM) and finish watching the 8.01 Physics lectures on MITOCW - because that's my idea of a fun time.
Maths: Again, basic understanding of all the topics + indepth understanding of the topics coming up in Term 1. If I have more time (which I probably won't), I might start working through some of that stuff in the extracurricular pdf thing that's linked to in the extension 2 forum.
Music: Work on my performances, finish off my core composition and hopefully start work on an elective composition
Legal: Got a massive load of holiday homework, so just finish all that off

oliviag

HSC
AdvEnglish - Complete assessment task due first week back, read Cloudstreet and W;t
Maths - Revision booklet
Biology - Finish dot point summaries
PDHPE - Revise Core 1 & complete core 2 'starter' booklet
Ext 1 Eng - Read Northanger Abbey
Ext 2 Eng - Analyse texts and get a good chunk finished!

Gotei

HSC
Finish General Maths homework and go over things I need to perfect
Get gud at Creative writing for English + finish homework
Finish Pompeii and Herculaneum
Finish Operations for Business
Finish Legal studies

Our school sucks - If you don't put 120% at home you'll be lucky to reach an ATAR of 75

tasch_vale

HSC
Our school has changed all official correspondence to 'study break' instead of 'holidays'. I guess this is good, you hear about lots of people absolutely powering through their courses at this time. Can't believe a week has already gone!

English Ad- start and complete assessment for belonging, read and write notes for core/related belonging texts, read all other module texts
English Ex- read and analyse core texts for language and gender, stalk libraries for elusive academic texts
Maths Ad- (WE ARE LITERALLY A TERM BEHIND FOR SOME REASON) revise all prelim concepts, start hsc concepts!
French Cont- CULTURAL IMMERSION (films, magazines, websites), and practice/memorise vocabulary and grammar concepts
Visual Arts- START BOW. START BOW. START BOW.
Ancient History- memorise Pompeii and Herculaneum to death (favourite topic), read ahead with Agrippina and Greek society/time period

++ a heap of homework

eek. can't believe it's happening. :jawdrop:

Aesytic

HSC
Advanced English - read all my texts and find a couple of related texts for module C and AOS
4U maths - finish off curve sketching
3U - finish off integration
Economics - read over all of second topic (Australia's place in the Global Economy)

not really doing anything for chemistry, but i seem to have a relatively smaller checklist compared to others here :/

anchor72

HSC
Adv. Eng: Read, watch and make notes on Richard III, Looking for Richard and Belonging related texts
Ext. 1 Eng: Read Spy Who Came in From the Cold and watch Watchmen
Ext. 2 Eng: Solidify Viva Voce responses and finish first act of major work
Maths 2/3U: Relearn Exponential and Logs and perfect induction and polynomials
Physics: Revise Space, Start Motors and Generators
SDD: Relearn all algorithms, revise option topic and development/impact of software solutions
SoR1: Revise Christianity

jnney

lemon
HSC
consolidation for
-biology topic 1
-chem topic 1
-3u
-complex, graphs, polynomials, integration and volumes
-belonging essay and module A
-creative writing belonging
-umat stuff

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)