aircon trains (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yeah there's no getting around it in peak hour, just get on and hope the armpits you get stuck under aren't too sweaty. if you're lucky some seats will free up about an hour into the journey.

jannny

HSC
this guy is really off the hook.

hahaha.

Dude how long do you have to understand that, I do not need any condolonsces for being stuck in a hot train with 30 people, and neither is taht the reason for me posting this thread.

I asked a question whether AC trains regularly run on certain times and it has been answered.

You need medications seriously.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
generally speaking, the western line actually gets a fair amount of airconditioned trains and from experience the ones that aren't are concentrated around the off-peak times. we get it reasonably good. at least the trains we get are mostly clean/ungraffitied...i caught a train going to bankstown and didn't want to sit down/touch anything, it was just dirty.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
no matter how sweaty/hot/crowded/smelly etc, i'll take the train over the bus anyday. god city bus drivers are cunts. i had one yell at me today because i dared to ask if the bus went to [place]...well i don't fucking know, do i, that's why i asked, yes or no, it's not hard. buses in my hicktown suburb only go to one place, i'm not used to this multi-destination business hahaha.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
In answer to your question, I doubt sydney's trains are so organised as to consider when to put aircon trains on.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
The best way to beat the heat is to travel in non-peak times if possible, but if you MUST travel then, catch an all-stations via assfuck nowhere. Always seats.

But yes, they're in the middle of retrofitting aircon to trains so just bring a bottle of water in the meantime.

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
fail.

the only trains we don't get are those newfangled millenium ones. we get tangaras lol.

I'd rather get the tangaras then the shitty trains the central coast gets. I am so tired of those old green seaters.. but at least every time you're on those trains the air con is always on COLD.

Instead of replacing old trains with new ones, they replace the old carpet :S

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
I asked a question whether AC trains regularly run on certain times and it has been answered.
Well the thing is, they do.

Every 7:34am train I get from Central to North Wollongong is a Millenium train. It's been that way for almost a year now.

Every 6:33am train I get from Gordon to Central is a Tangara. It's been that way for almost two years.

Every 7:10am train I get from Gordon to Wynyard is an old school but air conditioned train. It's been that way for two and a half years.

You just have to catch the train lots and lots and lots and figure out when trains go. Normally though, they put the same type of train on at the same time though, unless there's been a major delay or problem.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Regarding the West Line and North Shore Line...hey, aren't they like...the same line?!?!?!?!

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
no matter how sweaty/hot/crowded/smelly etc, i'll take the train over the bus anyday. god city bus drivers are cunts. i had one yell at me today because i dared to ask if the bus went to [place]...well i don't fucking know, do i, that's why i asked, yes or no, it's not hard. buses in my hicktown suburb only go to one place, i'm not used to this multi-destination business hahaha.
lol yeah same hahas , driver had a go at me when i asked whether he stopped @pyrmont street. ah well xD walkings the way to go.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
This thread doesn't really have to do with uni much, but I'll keep it for the time being...

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
loser101 said:
most go "city circle" after they reach the city so they loop around.

some do go straight through
yellow and red line trains? are you sure? i know that the green, orange, purple and light blue ones all loop around the city circle, but i always thought that the yellow and red ones kinda swung back and forth between Blacktownish and Hornsbyish.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
yellow and red line trains? are you sure? i know that the green, orange, purple and light blue ones all loop around the city circle, but i always thought that the yellow and red ones kinda swung back and forth between Blacktownish and Hornsbyish.

This is true.

Evilo

HSC
jase_ said:
This thread doesn't really have to do with uni much, but I'll keep it for the time being...

just move it?

The OP isnt very smart, so we cant expect much.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
30+ people is nothing, try getting on a train to the city at 8am at Strathfield, its already crammed full by the time it gets there and you have to do your best not to get hit by the doors. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about the heat, hazard of catching public transport to the city, trust me its worse on a 30+ degree day with a suit on

kokodamonkey

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Macarthur line gets 1 or 2 in peak. I always see them on the South Coast line though...
Most of the nu trains (coming soon) are going on the MaqU line.

Fuckers.
nah they have to use the old ones because the new ones cant handle the descent at somepoint the incline/decline is too big..

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Macarthur line gets 1 or 2 in peak. I always see them on the South Coast line though...
Most of the nu trains (coming soon) are going on the MaqU line.

Fuckers.
macarthur line gets millenium trains all throughout the day you tard

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Musk said:
Maybe City Rail doesnt like you
state transport loves me today

i got really comfortable (by cityrail standards) clean airconditioned trains all day. richmond-city, city-burwood, burwood-richmond, all nice trains :)

and i got a free bus ride in croydon because the weirdo bus driver didn't know how to work the ticket box thing.

best day ever
cityrail + sydney buses are redeemed in my eyes for now
westbus needs to pull its fucking act together but that's another story

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)