Albury's only abortion clinic: protests 'push women to point of self-harm' (1 Viewer)

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
evidence provided to support this claim: 0 people

evidence provided to dispute this claim: 1 person

guess im winning then
So u believe abortion is not an emotional and personal issue?

K den lol

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
On what basis do you think that abortion is wrong ?
There are many:

- Primarily, it is a process which is solely up to the female (the whole "it's my body" rhetoric)... The man is half the equation of making a child and is seemingly excluded from the process entirely...
- It is an organism that does not have the voice to actively be a part of the decision making, it can be a very barbaric process...
- It is a procedure that can be abused by halfwits that think the pull out method is an effective form of contraception... Honestly, people in this world need to understand that the actions you undertake have consequences... The killing of an unborn child should not be practiced because of a persons stupidity...
- Then there is the whole rape rhetoric... The lynch pin many feminists like to use to justify abortion... Hardly a strong argument, considering less then 1% of abortions in the United States were because of rape... http://www.nytimes.com/1989/10/13/us/rape-and-incest-just-1-of-all-abortions.html

there's many more...

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
There are many:

- Primarily, it is a process which is solely up to the female (the whole "it's my body" rhetoric)... The man is half the equation of making a child and is seemingly excluded from the process entirely...
- It is an organism that does not have the voice to actively be a part of the decision making, it can be a very barbaric process...
- It is a procedure that can be abused by halfwits that think the pull out method is an effective form of contraception... Honestly, people in this world need to understand that the actions you undertake have consequences... The killing of an unborn child should not be practiced because of a persons stupidity...
- Then there is the whole rape rhetoric... The lynch pin many feminists like to use to justify abortion... Hardly a strong argument, considering less then 1% of abortions in the United States were because of rape... http://www.nytimes.com/1989/10/13/us/rape-and-incest-just-1-of-all-abortions.html

there's many more...
A collection of human cells does not have the right to live just because it is of the human species otherwise amputating a limb would be murder

Also, it isn't considered a child until it's reached a certain level of development. (Scientifically speaking )

Please use updated and relevant references in the future not outdated ones.

Last edited:

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
There are many:

there's many more...
1. What if the man isn't part of the equation as a whole, as is the case in some instance i.e. a one night stand, the male partner abandons the woman, rape etc. In addition, the fetus is not in the man's body, is it? He suffers practically no health effects from an abortion, unlike the woman.
2. So is a tree, so is any other animal.
3. I doubt the proportion of people who "abuse" it as a form of contraception is that high considering how ridiculously inconvenient it is compared to contraception
4. Implying there aren't any other legitimate reasons for someone to want an abortion

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
There are many:

there's many more...
There are socioeconomic reasons why people do abortions. Do you really want to be 16 years old and raise a child? Or would you rather put off raising a child for a later date? Unless the man is carrying the baby it don't mean shit. Gonna get sad that your potential kid got flushed down? Go get a surrogate or have a proper relationship with the mother. I'm sure if you really want the kid you can work out a custody arrangement.

Abortions for socioeconomic reasons essentially just delay the time a woman has a child and there's a reason why it isn't such a good idea to be raising kids when you can't even financially support yourself.

enoilgam

HSC
There are many:

I always scoff at the mass hypocrasy when the feminist "it's my body" argument is employed because it completely invalidates the rights of men. Equality is equality, not just when it suits you.

classicjimbo

HSC
N/A
I always scoff at the mass hypocrasy when the feminist "it's my body" argument is employed because it completely invalidates the rights of men. Equality is equality, not just when it suits you.
what would you regard as an egalitarian or ideal scenario though?

I don't think human pregnancy can ever be truly egalitarian unless technology develops to allow full term test tube or a seahorsesque pregnancy and i wouldn't consider the wishes of the fetus' father a priority over the woman's in any case until technology like that were to happen because the burden is one sided

enoilgam

HSC
what would you regard as an egalitarian or ideal scenario though?
This is difficult to come by - I just dont like the argument, because it's a bit stupid to play the feminism card when men have zero rights whatsoever in the matter. If a sexual partner of mine were to get pregnant, she would have every right to terminate and I would have no legal standing to intervene.

classicjimbo

HSC
N/A
There are many:

there's many more...
"many more"... well go on, this is the thread dude don't be afraid

this is going to sound really stereotypical but you sound like a bitter virgin in the quote above
"people in this world need to understand that the actions you undertake have consequences"
haha I think they know man, they're not primary school children, mistakes happen
but also

"damn halfwits and their dumb behaviour lets punish them by letting them create more future halfwit adults for myself and the world to deal with"

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
This is difficult to come by - I just dont like the argument, because it's a bit stupid to play the feminism card when men have zero rights whatsoever in the matter. If a sexual partner of mine were to get pregnant, she would have every right to terminate and I would have no legal standing to intervene.
but as classicjimbo said and as i implied in the post above, the burden *is* pretty one-sided atm

classicjimbo

HSC
N/A
I understand

it is difficult but idk, i think it's not so much 'the feminism card' as it is the 'autonomy card'.

in regards to that scenario though
outside of the realm of one night stands, the couple is usually completely aligned on the issue, i'm not sure your scenario happens as much as you may think
certainly you'd discontinue any sort of relationship with a girl once you discussed this topic with her and found out her pro or anti abortion values right? (and everyone discusses this before or early when they start fucking usually before a nightmare scenario like yours arises)
continuing in a relationship with someone who has indicated they would go against and disrespect your fundamental values is just silly hey

I think that men will be able to legally intervene when the females body is not needed, until then i guess you just need to choose your partners properly, as a weird virgin once said "people in this world need to understand that the actions you undertake have consequences" :p

classicjimbo

HSC
N/A
and @wannaspoon i'm not sure you should be too concerned with the people that 'abuse' abortions (are you talking about dumb people that we wouldnt want to be having babies anyway or the almost non-existent abortion fetishists???)
you shouldnt be concerned because abortions themselves often damage (severity varies according to frequency and fetus age obvi) the ability of the female to carry children successfully full term so its sort of a long term karma (?) should people actually abuse them i guess but want babies later

my point is abortions aren't fun and have their own consequences that are well understood

Last edited:

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
But what right do men have to control the body and functions of a woman?

Fair enough you might have been involved in the process of conception, but it's the woman who has to live with the burden of incubating a parasitic organism for 9 months and then the trauma of childbirth and hormonal fluctuations, often multiple times over. So why should a man have the right to intervene with the body of a woman if he doesn't have to share the physical burden that women have to go through? Being involved in the conception of what would ultimately end in life shouldn't mean you have a right to make decisions on and interfere with the life and well-being of the partner.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Says the second virgin. If as a man you really care that much about having a kid, get someone else preggarz and carry that shit and get a surrogate. I know it hurts when your bbgirl says "imah get abortion if im knocked up" well that's your own choice for being with that woman. You obviously have no idea of the hardship women go through. What if the woman has the kids and the guy fucks off? Child support payments dont mean shit if someone moves out of state/overseas. Have fun with your day in court over bullshit like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)