Aldi's 'racist' Australia day t-shirts (1 Viewer)

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Woops they dun goof'd

But to be fair it probably still would have been offensive even if it was historically accurate... so I don't see the huge fuss surrounding it since Australia Day is the larger problem in terms of offending people

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Eh tbh they just look extremely tacky. I can see how it can be really offensive, but it is unfortunately historically accurate :/

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
I know it isn't exactly directly relevant, but why don't we make January 1st Australia Day as we became a federation then, apart from it clashing with New Year's it just seems more appropriate lol

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
I know it isn't exactly directly relevant, but why don't we make January 1st Australia Day as we became a federation then, apart from it clashing with New Year's it just seems more appropriate lol
Yeah it'd make way more sense too. ALDI is a German company as well so their assumption that Australia day celebrates its establishment isn't ridiculous. I think this is just the public jumping at the chance to criticise a company that's not Aussie

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
wow, a bunch of faggots got upset again over something to do with australia day

what a surprise

studybuddy101

HSC
I don't find it racist. If anything it's anti australian to criticise another viewpoint like the one on that t-shirt since Australia is supposed to welcome everyone and their beliefs

madharris

HSC
N/A
[youtube]h7y6iE0aB5s[/youtube]

OP: I don't see how it's offensive tbh

HSC
Ironic thing is...all Australia Day merchandise is made in China - so you be the judge.

historia

HSC
Jesus Christ, this is considered offensive? I mean, honestly, apart from the historical inaccuracy, this is exactly the kind of thing they should be doing leading up to Australia day. Whilst obviously there have been some pretty dark parts of Australia's history, to not celebrate the great contributions made by Australians and Australian society since 1788 just because of some negative aspects would be totally wrong. And i'm not saying this from some jingoistic perspective or saying that Australia's perfect. but we're going way too far in the wrong direction if this cops backlash.

Mutant Kitty

HSC
Nek minut Aboriginal citizens claim all sorts of benefits because their ancestors were treated unfairly, not even racist...

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
ALDI is a German company as well so their assumption that Australia day celebrates its establishment isn't ridiculous.
Id say this would have been done entirely locally. Except possibly manufacturing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)