All about STAT please !!! (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Dont think UQ requires STAT, cause he didn't do it and got the offer.
Yeah, it says in the table I put up that you only need it if you don't have good enough school marks.

Also, Pharmacy isn't really competitive anymore because it's shit and no one wants to do it, but a few people want to do it and then med so it has a high-ish cut-off.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
It just is.

Pay is capped at ~80kp.a.

and like, it's a shit job

Boring

Etc.

Aidejay

HSC
For Usyd pharmacy, do we have to sit both exams? or just the MC one? I'm a bit confused.

Aidejay

HSC
It just is.

Pay is capped at ~80kp.a.

and like, it's a shit job

Boring

Etc.
Yeah... guess so. You're stuck behind the counter. And it's very repetitive. Plus UTS is offering post-grad pharmacy, finding employment is going to be more difficult.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Plus woolies/coles opening pharmacy thingies (gonna happen soon enough) will bring down wages.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Some of you guys seem to be forgetting that not all Pharmacy jobs lead to purely a 'behind the counter' job.

My sister is working as a technician at Baxter Health Care and her job is anything BUT working behind the counter.

Aidejay

HSC
This goes for Optometry as well. I know Big W opened up a few optometries within their store.

And apparently Specsavers are opening up a school as well? The course is a lot shorter compared to Optom at UNSW, 3 years I think. =\

Aidejay

HSC
Some of you guys seem to be forgetting that not all Pharmacy jobs lead to purely a 'behind the counter' job.

My sister is working as a technician at Baxter Health Care and her job is anything BUT working behind the counter.
My bad Carrotsticks.

Is there a difference between the mid-year STAT exams and "main" STAT? Or are they both the same thing?

Because, the only reason I'm doing stat is for pharmacy at usyd. But... by looking at this http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/stat/stat-institutions.pdf it says, "These institutions DO NOT accept STAT for Mid-year admissions" = sydney .

So, does that mean that mean I'll have to wait til September?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

But is it still shit?

My bad Carrotsticks.

Is there a difference between the mid-year STAT exams and "main" STAT? Or are they both the same thing?

Because, the only reason I'm doing stat is for pharmacy at usyd. But... by looking at this http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/stat/stat-institutions.pdf it says, "These institutions DO NOT accept STAT for Mid-year admissions" = sydney .

So, does that mean that mean I'll have to wait til September?
USyd doesn't take mid-year admissions, but I'm pretty sure you can do the mid-year STAT, but you should probs wait for september.

asari

HSC
Anyway I've asked my career adviser today and he said there is no need to sit STAT for pharmacy unless you don't go to school hmm Is this true?

zxreth

HSC
nope, you definately need STAT for pharmacy at usyd.

animeiswild

HSC
Hi BOSers, I am interested in doing pharmacy and is wondering if I need to sit STAT? What happen if I don't sit the test this year and get the required ATAR? Can I still do pharmacy?

How hard is the test and where can I find practice papers? Thanks for any advice :D
You don't need STAT for pharmacy anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)