all nighters (1 Viewer)

jamesfirst

HSC
I've pulled off all-nighter in the world cup period.

About 2-3 nights maybe... but never before an exam.

caffeinated4

straws; I clutch at them
HSC
It's a bad idea. Especially if you are going to do it the night before an exam, just go to sleep. Study before the test (like several days before). All nighters are pretty good in terms of getting work done but I do all nighters on weekends. Although it depends on how much sleep is good enough for you not to be falling asleep in the middle of the day.

HSC
I can handle quite a while without sleep. Though usually, the days following hefty exam periods I probably sleep for 12+ hours a night.

I've gotten so used to it, that If I don't have an all-nighter or a near all-nighter before an exam I don't feel ready...

maths94

HSC
l went bed at 4am and woke up at 9am for 11:35am so it wasnt an all nighter lol

annagurl

HSC
N/A
I've gotten used to it. Usually I sleep between 6 and 8 hours. Four maybe once or twice a week. I'll usually try to have a catch up day of around 10 hours.
Why do you sleep so little? Do you have a demanding job or something?

Squishxmishyx

Olive You.
HSC
All nighters = Not ready for the test.
When I'm not ready, I just accept the fact that I'm frickin' stupid for leaving it that late, and go to sleep.

I used to take all nighters in year 11. Made me realise, my ability of cramming is the shittest thing I've ever seen in my life.
But I take all nighters for assignments.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Never pulled an all nighter, stayed up really late for assignments though. Some of those last minute finished assignments got 100% though. (3 AM haha) I'd never get less than 7 hours sleep before a test though if I had a test the next day. (When I have a test the next day I aim for 9 hours sleep though).

tom-spin

HSC
never really tried one but I don't think it's a good idea just before an exam? maybe the night before the weekend and then a good catch up on sleep :)

jangbang69

HSC
N/A
I chucked an all nighter for my first 4U exam because I had 3 other assessments due the same day and decided to complete them first. Ended up 99%, bro.

Just make sure you have enuff caffeine and you'll do just fine.
ah.

bad luck man.

all nighters never end up beneficial huh!

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Always lots of sleep before exams.
Agree with you 100%.

Avoid allnighters unless you have no choice. It is very harmful if you continue to have little sleep over a long period. To avoid having to resort to allnighters keep up (or even be ahead) with all your work in your prelim year. I've seen some people saying you can bludge in yr-11. I think this is a very foolish attitude. Your prelim work forms the foundation of your yr-12 work. If prelim work is too easy, self-accelerate and study yr-12 work ahead yourself(doesn't matter if at 1st you understand only 47%).

s2 SEductive

MostDefinitelyIncredible
HSC
For All my trial exams, I did all nighters. I still produced good results :). I highly recommend you to do this LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)