all nighters (1 Viewer)

Gigacube

HSC
I stayed up all night for a few parties (like World Cup party lol) but never for competing schoolwork.
Same with me. I see no point in pulling an all nighter for schoolwork. You need a break and it's not good to keep telling your body to stay awake.

beehappy

HSC
I did two all nighters in a row to complete a major project. It was horrible, but worth it! Btw, I think tea keeps you up better than coffee, and a dash of milk in the tea helps prevents the caffeine jitters that you get from the tea. All in all, all nighters are definitely not recommended. Don't do them, unless you're partying or something. Then you have a legit reason :D

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
They're pretty fun with other people.

Yes. Me and my friends had a Mario Party fest.
Because it was fun I guess? Ha. Plus, I needed to finish the game.
Any sort of stimulation, whether it be eating orr. Get bored and fall asleep.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
They're pretty fun with other people.

Yes. Me and my friends had a Mario Party fest.
Because it was fun I guess? Ha. Plus, I needed to finish the game.
Any sort of stimulation, whether it be eating orr. Get bored and fall asleep.
All nighters at parties should be pretty easy.

Ryan_T90

HSC
I do them all the time

I make a drink of Red-Bull shots and V Shots mix them together and pour sugar into it, and mix it to make a paste!!

Then i eat it and BAM!!! awake for the next 24hrs
That sounds fucking awesome!!

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
=O, dude that is so awesome, I must do that soon.

The best I've had was one of those theatre rooms in a house. =P

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
=O, dude that is so awesome, I must do that soon.

The best I've had was one of those theatre rooms in a house. =P
Definitely lecture hall. You haven't played Smash Brothers unless you've done it in a 500+ seat lecture hall on a massive screen.

katoji

HSC
Okay well I usually took coffee, but tea is fine as well.
Every 1 hour I'd go and talk a walk around the house, just shake my legs a bit. Sometimes I'd have a healthy snack, I find cheese and crackers are actually good lol. I'd also go and splash really cold water in my face or I'd drink cold water. What else...oh, avoid yawning. And don't nap. But if you have to give in, sleep for 20 mins then turn on a really disrupting timer.
I did this actually 2 weeks ago lol. Stayed up until 6am.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I'll have to put it on a to-do list Absolutezero.

I'm in awe at how epic that could be.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
what are your thoughts on all nighters

• have u ever done one
  • why did u do it
  • what kept u awake
All the time.
Interbez, tv, etc. Also, I don't start assignments until about 12am the day they're due. :L

jnney

lemon
HSC
yep. i've been doing it frequently since these first holidays. i don't ever 'pull all nighters' to study for exams on the next day, but rather.....just self studying, or watching movies, eating...it's so bad.

glache

HSC
N/A
I've stayed up till 3-4am a bit. Not many times, but enough. I've also done two all nighters ever. The first was not really an all nighter in terms of studying--I finished cramming at 4am but was so stressed I didn't sleep at all. Should've kept cramming more. Second was just this Wed night that's just passed--the world's most tedious assignment was due the next day. I'd started it well before, but because it was so tedious, never really made that much progress, so it came down to the night before. That was a true all nighter--saw the sun rise for the first time. I did pretty well through the night--a hour's nap at 10pm did the trick--but getting through the day was a whole other story--I actually felt really sick--dizzy, delirious and just high from coffee (which I made the mistake of consuming as soon as I got to uni). Seriously, never ever doing that again. Still recovering :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)