All right, who'll be joining the ranks next year? (2 Viewers)

RooRaa

HSC
N/A
Honestly i doubt you would just pass. I would say the average student would get a credit. I just dont want to make it sound like a total breeze. If you have arts on your record you also most likely will have a better shot at grad school. Humanities students have high admission rates for med school. I realise you most likely know that already though.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do :)

grimreaper

HSC
doctordev said:
Also, what are the chances of an international med student successfully getting into Warrane College?
I'd say theyre pretty good - from what I hear Warrane is the easiest college to get into and colleges tend to give preference to international students

Lundy

Banned
HSC
velox said:
I was interested in sci/arts, however I do like humanities, however i'm not great at them...... Are most people quite good at their relative interests in Arts, or do they all improve a heap over time?
Arts is often a gamble. You can work your arse off on one essay and only manage a pass but bullshit your way through another at the last moment and get a distinction. It's very hard to fail humanities, but it's also quite a challenge to get into the HDs.

I do recommend studying humanities if you're interested, and yes, there's always room to improve, especially on your research, writing and analytical skills.

Last edited:

RooRaa

HSC
N/A
Yeh i did two essays and put the same amount of effort into both (quite a bit of effort) and i got 60% on one and 85% on the other. Im sure there where reasons for the marks but i failed to see much of a difference between the essays personally. It is a gamble. I dont think many people fail Arts though. One of my classes had no fails and no HD's.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
commerce (finance)/ science (maths)

actuary...if there were more jobs i would do it but when names like goldman sachs and macquarie bank pop up i remember that the ticket to ludicrous amounts of money come from finance.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
blackfriday said:
commerce (finance)/ science (maths)

actuary...if there were more jobs i would do it but when names like goldman sachs and macquarie bank pop up i remember that the ticket to ludicrous amounts of money come from finance.
Not necessarily :D

doctordev

HSC
Elfm, sunny, RooRaa and grimreaper: thanks for your help.

looks like i will have to modify my training program upon arrival in sydney. currently, i am going to the gym every monday, wednesday and friday. this works out to 12 times a month. if it is indeed $5 per entry, i am looking at $60 per month. darn, that is the amount i am paying for 5 months down here. wish there were cheaper alternatives...:(

as for warrane being the eaisest to get into, that sounds reassuring. however, does that in any way indicate that Warrane is inferior to the rest. I can't make out by simply looking at the websites.​

grimreaper

HSC
doctordev said:
Elfm, sunny, RooRaa and grimreaper: thanks for your help.

looks like i will have to modify my training program upon arrival in sydney. currently, i am going to the gym every monday, wednesday and friday. this works out to 12 times a month. if it is indeed $5 per entry, i am looking at $60 per month. darn, that is the amount i am paying for 5 months down here. wish there were cheaper alternatives...:(

as for warrane being the eaisest to get into, that sounds reassuring. however, does that in any way indicate that Warrane is inferior to the rest. I can't make out by simply looking at the websites.​
In terms of room, food etc Warrane is probably as good if not better than most of the other colleges as I think many of the floors were recently renovated. However what probably drives its popularity down is that it is an all guys college. By the way, if you still havent applied for college and are going into university this year, it may be a bit late now...

doctordev

HSC
grimreaper: thanks for the info. the all boys factor was actually one of the draws for me cos i didn't want to get disturbed by the opposite sex while i am cramming away in my college. also, i have already applied about 2-3 months ago. unfortunately, i will not know of my admission until after i arrive in UNSW and attend their interview. which is why i was worried about my chances. i was afraid of getting stranded in the situation that i am denied entry.

thanks for the reply once again.

elfm

HSC
If all else fails, you could try to get a rent-share house near uni. They normally cost around $140/room/week and include all expenses other than food. The good ones even include a personal TV set and internet connection :) Infact, my friend just recently found a nice big house with everything listed above for around $135... and better yet, it's only about 5-10min walk to uni situated near upper campus which is good :)

EmilyTheStrange

Member (hehe)
HSC
BSc

I have defered from BSc (Health and Exercise Science) and will be starting this year... right, i have a few q's

who has done this course and what info can you give me (as much as possible please)

i have read about B Med Sc and i was wondering how challenging Health and Exercise Science is in comparison

i only did pd/h/pe during my hsc and no sciences (i had no idea what i was doing, or what i wanted to do after the HSC when i chose my subjects) is this going to be a major drawback to my success at uni. i do have an aptitude to understanding sciency things (gee that makes me sound smart:) )

can i find out how many are in the intake for the program?

whats the go with majors, i have zero understanding

spankyou!

I-Jester

Intergalactic Jester
HSC
Might be here... if i'm unlucky enough to miss out on Sydney Law twice. Hooray for UNSW backup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)