am i capable of doing 4u maths? (1 Viewer)

YO!

Banned
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
Yup, I'll look into it. Thanks YO!

I think I perform better in mathematical related subjects :)
No probs homies.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
My sister makes 4U Maths sound like the hardest thing on Earth, and here you are making it sound easy. I think I'm getting some false hope as well ...
Of course lol. It's the hardest subject offered in the NSW HSC syllabus.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
Of course lol. It's the hardest subject offered in the NSW HSC syllabus.
That depends on individuals, don't you think? ;)

I reckon Visual Arts is the hardest subject. Either that or Industrial Technology. I have also seen many people complaining about English and how difficult they are despite being extremely good at Mathematics. *Cough* "Foram!!!" * Cough*

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
lyounamu said:

I reckon Visual Arts is the hardest subject. Either that or Industrial Technology. I have also seen many people complaining about English and how difficult they are despite being extremely good at Mathematics. *Cough* "Foram!!!" * Cough*
Lol at Foram's ego :).

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
lyounamu said:

I reckon Visual Arts is the hardest subject.
Really? why do you think that?

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
eliseliselise said:
o.bi.sess, no i dont go to St. G unfortunately, i go to another fine educational institution which has a school song that goes along the lines of "red! green! yellow! blue! harmony and friendship, too!! years of loyalty will [rit.] staaaaand. byyyy. yooooooooou." in regard to the CoS, i've been recently talking to groaning gertrude & i think i'm onto something.
You have a giant chess board too?! *quirks eyebrows* That's kinda freaky. And here I thought my old principal was the only one crazy enough to insist on it. Nice to know that the "insanity" is not isolated.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I disagree there. 4 Unit English ftw!

hlawless

HSC
123ash said:
hi everyone,
i need help to choose my maths course.
what is the average mark you need in 3U to do well in 4U.
i am getting decent marks in 3U this year but they are not very good.
task 1 47%
task 2 62%
ty
hey,
i say just do it. you have nothing to lose! just keep more than 10 units so you have room to drop it if you find it too hard! that's what i did and i was pleasantly surprised to find 4u not too bad...

good luck ;)

Subjects:
Max2
Max1
English advanced
physics
VA
modern history

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: am i capable of doing 4u maths?

x.Exhaust.x said:
Lol at Foram's ego :).
I for one thinks he can back it up next year.

hlawless

HSC
to Doctor Jolly: GO SWANNIES! too bad about the injuries and the game last night... at least st kilda, collingwood and brisbane all lost so top 4 isnt threatened, but what a missed chance, we could be 2 and 1/2 games infront!

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
-may-cat- said:
Really? why do you think that?
Maybe he's more right brained, than left. Left brainers tend to be able to home in on their visual and creative side more than the mathematical and rational side of the right.

hlawless said:
to Doctor Jolly: GO SWANNIES! too bad about the injuries and the game last night... at least st kilda, collingwood and brisbane all lost so top 4 isnt threatened, but what a missed chance, we could be 2 and 1/2 games infront!
Don't remind me about the shocking game :(

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Re: 回复: Re: am i capable of doing 4u maths?

tommykins said:
I for one thinks he can back it up next year.
As much as I like to tease him about it; I do too.

hked

HSC
contrary to what others say, I dont think that just by trying hard will get you the results you want. people might say hard work brings result, but it doesnt always apply. I know people who spend 6 hours a day on maths, after selecting 4u, only to be confronted with a dissapointing result.

and you have to see what school you're from. If you rank 10th in a school which comes 100th in the state, then it doesnt really mean much anymore.

If you really want to try, i suggest putting some solid effort into it, then if you really cant handle it, then drop it before its too late

Aplus

HSC
N/A
hked said:
and you have to see what school you're from. If you rank 10th in a school which comes 100th in the state, then it doesnt really mean much anymore.
That's kind of unfair, to be judging the school.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
the-derivative said:
True. Also, ranking 10th in a Top 100 school is still pretty good. I mean, I reckon you'd still get a band 6 and UAI over 90 if you were 10th at a top 100 school.
Yeah, our school was like 175th in my year, and we still had about 20 people getting over 90 UAI, and about 6 on 89 UAI.

jordankuai22

HSC
please understand that 4unit maths is ALOT of work.

it will require lots of consistent work, and seeing that you are not doing exceptionally in 3u, i fear you will probably drop out.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Aplus said:
That's kind of unfair, to be judging the school.
/shrug

It's still somewhat of an indicator nevertheless - there's no point in denying it. It's pretty much safe to say that someone who came 10th in a Top 10 school is probably better than someone who came 10th in a school ranked 100.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)