Sorry, I thought you meant to say:
"It is set in stone, we're definately having a BBQ, every BOS can come now"

My mistake, :)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
Is it going to be Over 18s next year :( ? :(
Actually I think we'll be able to make some much better arrangements for next year - no guarantees though.

There may also be a second Ambition thrown in early January for U18s, if enough interest is shown. Depends. Or that could end up being the BBQ. Depends. ;)

fatmuscle

HSC
Originally posted by kt san
hey here's a suggestion
ppl over 18 go this yr
under 18's go next yr
....i'm over..so it's not a prob for me
:)
but wow...the ticket price jumped...actually it kinda leaped...then flew...
from 10-20...or lower
to 48
argh..................gotta work hard to buy both ticket and alcohol
how about
if you're u/18, u go next yr
if you're o/18, u go this year AND next year

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
hmm yes catering for a large variety of age groups would be quite difficult, but why dont you guys check the ID, and then provide the person with a little wrist band to indicate that they are 18 and when they purchase drinks they must show it.
no club does that that i know of, it would be impossible to monitor with hundreds of people. the clubs are trying to make money from alchohol and they wouldnt waste their time checking for wristbands and id. Also. what is to stop a person of legal age purchasing alchohol then giving it to someone under 18?

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by fatmuscle
how about
if you're u/18, u go next yr
if you're o/18, u go this year AND next year
How about we have two Ambition's running simultaneously lol

Over 15's Ambition
Over 18's Ambition

lol :p...

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
you can arrange it that they check id at the door and give you wrist bands if you are 18 so u can get the alcohol, the did it at watershed for our afters

Loz

Considering majority of the younger members who did their HSC this year are only going to be maximum of 6 months from 18, wouldn't it have made sense to just make it 17.5 +? And if it's an "After school party", why go next year?

Last edited:

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I think the point is that legally, alcohol can only be sold to people 18 years or over.

SMKOD

HSC
N/A
I'm not 18 til march so its a bit annoying to see that Ambition has been made over 18's. Considering its an after hsc party and, while maybe not evenly half, a large number of ppl are going to be under 18 it does seem to defeat its purpose a bit.

The whole wrist band idea is a good one, i've seen it work at a couple of dance parties. And whoever suggested that they could just be swapped and given to under 18's is wrong cause they are generally made so that to remove them, they can't be reattached without being obviously ripped.

Yes, its possible for over 18's to buy for under 18's, but that isn't the club's/organisers legal responsibility anymore.

Ah well, there's my little rant. I guess it will be drinking in the park again for me :( lol.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Whilst the wristband idea may be a good one, no venue is willing to take the risk.

We did try. Very hard, in fact.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
Whilst the wristband idea may be a good one, no venue is willing to take the risk.

We did try. Very hard, in fact.
lol yeah we had that at our cruise the other night, (formal after party) lol... :p...

SuPeRaM

-------------------->>> r e a d t h i s p p l <<<------------------------
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

maaaan i just found out ambition was 18+ and bloody oaf that sux hardcore... it just burns me how this whole thing was built up on the "after HSC party" theme and most of my friends and i aren't even 18 til next yr (april for me). i know with all the legal issues and crap IT ISNT POSSIBLE... i get it.... its just that the accumulation of excitement just shut down. prity SH*T.

in terms of maturity... i think it shud just be yr 12's no matter what age... aslong as ur a graduate of 2003.

the way i c it... amobition has just turned into a club. and thats bull. its the envent for HSC skool leavers. nothing less and nothing more. i say ambition shud go ahead... 17+ or 16+ watever... with NO ALCHOHOL. if u wanna drink up go to a fricken club. thats wat i think... one night with all ur mates and celebrating the one thing we all hav in common... "SCHOOL IS OVER" tops one night of gettin shit faced coz everyone will be on a natural high!... everyday b4 that and after it drink to ur hearts content i say...

so the punch line. you bored of studies organisers SCREWED UP COMPLETELY.... and lost the main fricken point of the ambition party and purpose. good work guys. and all u 18+ yr olds hav fun at a party that wont even come close to the REAL clubs out there.

the whole thing is just wrong.

well? does the bored of studies crew wanna gimmy some comments on what i sed? or anyone else for that matter...?

P.S. im just taking the fair approach to the whole event and thinking about the bottom line (incase u missed reading the essence of my whole discussion).

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by fatmuscle
stop arguing over little stuff

just come
I can't, I'll be overseas. :(

Of course, I'm not popular enough to be considered "welcome", and after this formal I don't think I'll be going to any gatherings with more than 4 people...ever. Damn stupid loud music :mad1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)