Ambition postponed indefinitely. (1 Viewer)

Huy

HSC
N/A
kimmeh,

Postponed, not cancelled.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
where would i be without you huy ? :)
(First thing that came to mind)

Lost?

Delta Goodrem - Lost Without You :D :D

Huy

HSC
N/A
I don't think we're looking for catering, since it'll be (most likely) BYO.

With catering, you'll have a dispute between meat or greens (for those vegetarians out there). And not everybody'll enjoy having to eat a specific-type of food (or limited range).

Unless you cater for every culture/nationality.

MoNNiE

HSC
haha okies...

g's just have a bar with alcohol plus beer nuts <-- food problem solved!!

Huy

HSC
N/A
Are we talking about the BOS BBQ or BOS dance party (Ambition)?

Either way, in the public domain, there won't be any alcohol consumption. At Ambition, I'm sure they'll sell mineral water and of course, alcohol - but I'm not sure about the food - snacks I suppose, candy and other assorted confectionery, maybe even packets of chips.

MoNNiE

HSC
Ambition..

i didn't know about the Bos BBQ...
in that case..byo..

Huy

HSC
N/A
Well, there isn't a BBQ (for certain -- yet), since it's still on the drawing board and Ambition was the first 'project' (outing) planned for BOS Members.

Here's what I think:

Ambition
- snacks (chips, lollies, etc) and drinks (both non-alcoholic and alcoholic, along with bottled water) to be sold.

BBQ
(if it ever takes off) - BYO, no two ways about it. But if anybody sees me, I'll buy them a drink/pack of chips or offer what I've got, at the time. :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Pfft Delta Goodrem. What kind of a name is that? It's like calling myself EstZett or Omicron.

Stupid papa Goodrem. Get a real name!

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
Well, there isn't a BBQ (for certain -- yet), since it's still on the drawing board and Ambition was the first 'project' (outing) planned for BOS Members.

Here's what I think:

Ambition
- snacks (chips, lollies, etc) and drinks (both non-alcoholic and alcoholic, along with bottled water) to be sold.

BBQ
(if it ever takes off) - BYO, no two ways about it. But if anybody sees me, I'll buy them a drink/pack of chips or offer what I've got, at the time. :)

And Huy takes over the organisation of everything ...

My 2 cents:
- BYO WILL NOT WORK. You can't expect everyone to bring there own food and drink and candy and this and that, and then try and share with 1000 people. BYO is not a reralistic option ...
- Is food vital? Can't we meet WITHOUT eating food.
- Are there any restraunts big enough for 1000 people?

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by McLake
And Huy takes over the organisation of everything
Sarcastic? :confused:

McLake,

Okay, maybe BYO isn't such a great idea in practice, but in theory - if everybody pulled their weight and opted to contribute to a supply of funds, then we'd all be happy. In practice, I don't think it would work at all, as you'd have people trying to grab a free picnic. The expectation regarding BYO, as you have noted, is valid. I know everybody wont be able to carry or bring their own food (and drinks) but you'll be able to share with others, sharing is caring, afterall.

We can meet without eating food, but if it goes to plan, I should think that spending a few hours (or an entire day) with BOS members requires some meals (be it lunch or afternoon tea).

As far as restaurants catering for over a thousand people is concerned, I would doubt it. We won't have a thousand people, all hungry at the same time, but, depending on the venue, you'll be able to purchase most foods (and drinks) at various locations. Everybody has differing tastes and if you're not happy with BYO, you can always buy your own (the 'other' BYO). ;)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Why BYO?

With the money used to pay, the organisers can use it to buy the food. No lose situation.

And if you don't turn up, it's not like they are losing out, rather we get more food :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
whos going to pay for the bill?

unless its one of those all you can eats where you pay per head..

ahahah lets have a BOS ball :p
nah it would most likely be a hall with catering, or a professional catering company

Huy

HSC
N/A
Not another formal.

I didn't have the best experience at mine -- I was dateless :shy:
With the money used to pay, the organisers can use it to buy the food. No lose situation.
I want BOS to make a profit, too. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)