Ambition postponed indefinitely. (1 Viewer)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by hk31
hmm....formal ey?
No, not another formal.

I doubt BOS will hold a formal, but I'll eat my hat if it does. :shy:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
You don't have a hat. :rolleyes:

I'd pay a formal, but ONLY if it were done properly. None of that DJ crap, a proper ball.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lexicographer
You don't have a hat. :rolleyes:
Okay, I don't.

But I have a school cap, that's close enough. :shy:

I want a proper ball too, if only I could dance (which makes me wonder about how I'm going to turn down all those dance reservations). :confused:

Huy

HSC
N/A
I've heard of the Charleston, and I believe we were taught the Charleston in Years 5-6 -- part of our PDHPE.

We learnt a few other dances and a couple of other "old school" dancing styles -- but I was always embarrassed dancing with males! :p

It was an all-male school,

Huy

HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure they did, but I was always a bad dancer -- I'm not uncoordinated or anything, it's just not for me.

I've heard of the name, but maybe I'm thinking of another waltz/style. :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Oh, gotcha.

Maybe I'll learn it one day, one of my passions (although, it's not really a passion, more than an interest) has been to take up dancing lessons - formal dancing, "old school" style (1920s and after, stopping at say, the late 50s).

/edit
Go to sleep Lexicographer! ;)

Huy

HSC
N/A
kimmeh,

Yes, I know the 'heel and toe' (seventh step, jig) dance, and yep, I know the chicken dance too, but that was sooo 1994! :p

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
kimmeh,

Yes, I know the 'heel and toe' (seventh step, jig) dance, and yep, I know the chicken dance too, but that was sooo 1994! :p
why not ask a girl to dance to that? i'm sure what you know is what you can dance to best :D cmon huy, show us your moves :D

Huy

HSC
N/A
I'm having flashbacks to my Year 6 Disco, where we did dance to the heel and toe and chicken dance, among other 'childish' dances. If a girl is willing to dance to it, in the name of fun, sure - why not? :)

My moves? I don't have any. :eek:

At my formal, I didn't dance one bit -- I ended up disappointing quite a few people, eventually being dragged onto the dancefloor, although I didn't dance -- I went back to my seat and sat down, then I started talking to some people, who wanted to know why I was sitting down. Hehehe.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
I'm having flashbacks to my Year 6 Disco, where we did dance to the heel and toe and chicken dance, among other 'childish' dances.
ohh gawd we dreaded that.. year 6 dancing...every wednesday arvo for a whole year... i mean, what was the point of it ? just so we could dance once at the yur 6 farewell?
Originally posted by Huy
My moves? I don't have any. :eek:
stop trying to hide them ! you have secret powers! why has every girl in this board fallen for you *not me of course!* .. :p :rolleyes:
Originally posted by Huy
At my formal, I didn't dance one bit -- I ended up disappointing quite a few people, eventually being dragged onto the dancefloor, although I didn't dance -- I went back to my seat and sat down, then I started talking to some people, who wanted to know why I was sitting down. Hehehe.
SHAME ON YOU HUY :p Dancing is the best ! do it by yourself next time, and turst me, you'll have fun when everyone joins you ;)

Huy

HSC
N/A
kimmeh,

We had dancing lessons each Wednesday afternoon too, because that was our allocated Sports Day, each week. We had fitness and sports lessons, followed by dancing lessons (by another teacher). It was pretty fun though, burnt off a lot of calories.

I don't have any secrets (or secret powers for that matter). Every girl has fallen for me? I don't think so, and even if it were true, it'll be all but one. ;)

I know dancing is a lot of fun, it's not as though I don't dance at all. I do my fair share of dancing at home, dancing around the place, in my seat, while a song's playing on the radio, no matter what the time -- but the problem is, I only dance when nobody's around, hehehe! It's fun, but I'll 'let loose' in the future, when I'm more comfortable. :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
I've removed the quote.

Alcohol solves everything, but remember: drink responsibly. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)