America is rearing up to attack Iran... (1 Viewer)

davin

HSC
N/A
Vietnam was an ignorant mess....see, this is what happens when the U.S. tries to bail out France (and yeah, big Cold War overtones as well)

The US were pretty pissed that the Mexican were going to try take back what was righfully theirs,
care to justify how its 'rightfully' Mexico's? keep in mind that as of World War I, Mexico had controlled the southwest for a stretch of 38 years, followed by almost double that time as American territory. Not to mention that both California and Texas declared independence from Mexico and then joined the U.S. rather than simply be captured by the U.S. (yes, there's deeper political stuff here, but i'm trying to keep this more or less on the surface)
Mexico didn't have some strong claim to the land.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Serius said:
HOTSHOT: Why the HELL would you have a problem with the Americans fighting in WW2? i assume you would prefer to be speaking japanese right now in that case.
ur missing the point, the only reason accordin to u america entered WWII was of self-defence (which is true) so why then did they need to take on Germany. Hitler was dead as soon as he moved on to Russia.

Remember in WWI america was supplying resources to both Germany and Britain and reapin in the economic benefits with both countrie owing them quit bit of dough.

u r so sill,y wat makes you think we will speak japanses now? and wats wrong with speaking japanese -is it evil? -its a langauge for gods sake.

all i am saying america dont go into wars to 'save the world' rather its for selfish reasons such political strategic positions and economic greed.

essentially america helped get rid of the nazis not to the save britain or the world, but rather (internal jewish pressure) and the fact their economy was at stake.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
loquasagacious said:
I daresay that some among us have a very good grasp of history and international relations....

Iron and myself both studying such topics at Australia's top university.....

/intellectual hawtness.
I would say my historical knowledge in my area of expertise would far outway yours, and my knoweldge of everything else historical is pretty damned good aswell.

Australias top uni? i didnt know you went to UoW! wanna meet up?

Hotshot: the reason why we would be speaking japanese is because australia would have been invaded by them if not for US intervention. We would most likely be Japanese slaves hence speaking japanese, or - more likely dead.

Ofcourse they never went in to save the world, they wanted to a) save their own skins and b) make a killing doing it
Nothing wrong with remaining neutral and selling to both sides

Comrade nathan

HSC
make a killing doing it
Nothing wrong with remaining neutral and selling to both sides
So you have no problem if countries trade with countries like Nazi Germany, even if it means the fascist benefit?

Last edited:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
double post... and please, dont be so naive, the whole world thought nazi germany wasnt a bad thing and Hitler was a great man, until he attacked Poland ofcourse. I have no real problems with trading with anyone. Hitler was a threat o america, plain and simple, before hand he was only a threat to a few select countries such as france

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Serius said:
Hotshot: the reason why we would be speaking japanese is because australia would have been invaded by them if not for US intervention. We would most likely be Japanese slaves hence speaking japanese, or - more likely dead.
uh... a lot countries invade others, doesnt necessarily mean we have to speak their language and it doesnt mean we will become their slave either. give an example of somthin like this occurring?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't get it though, Iran has a right, as a soverign nation, to enrich uranium for energy production. What's America's problem? Of course it's ok for Israel, China and India/Pakistan, not to mention America themselves, to have nuclear weapons, but not Iran?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
HotShot: So you're in favour of putting Saddam back into power in Iraq, and you'd rather the Americans hadn't done anything in WWII and let the Japs invade.

How and why does anyone on this forum take you seriously?

Minai said:
I don't get it though, Iran has a right, as a soverign nation, to enrich uranium for energy production. What's America's problem? Of course it's ok for Israel, China and India/Pakistan, not to mention America themselves, to have nuclear weapons, but not Iran?
Because Iran's president raves on about wiping Israel off the face of the Earth regularly?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
HotShot: So you're in favour of putting Saddam back into power in Iraq, and you'd rather the Americans hadn't done anything in WWII and let the Japs invade.
firstly i have never stated that i am in favour of letting japan invade. nor did i state that i wanted saddam back into power (but i did state that didnt approve of iraq's invasion).

as for the america WWII i am simply stating that they went war not to 'save the world' but purely for selfish reasons. the past has already happened, there is little point in arguin whether i believe the americans didnt do or did do anything.

i am simply stating the reasons for the war why they went to war. and as result comparing america to hitler's regime, like a solder (i think american maybe british) did.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Because Iran's president raves on about wiping Israel off the face of the Earth regularly?
that has very little to do with nuclear power plants. also the america has drawn plans to invade iran - so maybe they shouldnt have nuclear weapons but instead they want to advance its technology for increased production.

india plans on wiping out pakistan they nuclear weapons they fight regularly.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
its in the media and G.W. Bush has leaked them personally.

Why wouldn't they just use the enormous amounts of oil they have?
wtf? i am talking about production of nuclear production, if ur referring to iran, then why doesnt australia use its massive stockpile of uranium to build nuclear power plants. for iran oil is an investment that will grow quite nicely in the future.

India is also a democracy
just cos ur government is democratic does not give u the right to have nuclear weapons. then u would find if iran really wanted to destroy israel , they would declare they are democratic.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
HotShot said:
its in the media and G.W. Bush has leaked them personally.
Are you confused with his leak of classified information to help justify the Iraq war? There's no such Iran plan. What is in the media is his dismissal of such plans, though.

HotShot said:
wtf? i am talking about production of nuclear production, if ur referring to iran, then why doesnt australia use its massive stockpile of uranium to build nuclear power plants. for iran oil is an investment that will grow quite nicely in the future.
Because people in Australia are misinformed about nuclear power by Green hype. But that's an entirely different issue.

just cos ur government is democratic does not give u the right to have nuclear weapons. then u would find if iran really wanted to destroy israel , they would declare they are democratic.
If they actually became democratic, the Theocracy (that isn't quite as popular as you might think) could just get voted out and Israel mightn't be destroyed anyway. But none of that's going to happen.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Are you confused with his leak of classified information to help justify the Iraq war? There's no such Iran plan. What is in the media is his dismissal of such plans, though.
see, there is proof that such a plan had existed. but you cant prove that the plan was a myth or made -up (even if it was made up it is still a plan).

essentially my point is- its all americas fault- they need to change and they have to change in order to solve a whole heap of problems across the world.

after u somone stated that they could fight waragainst all the other countries, which essentially means they have the power to fix everything- but they are not, they are making things worse. giving a false impression that iran will pose a nuclear thread and thus indirectly pushing them towards that impression (because the iranians also receive that false hope and start to believe it is possible).

Comrade nathan

HSC
Serius said:
double post... and please, dont be so naive, the whole world thought nazi germany wasnt a bad thing and Hitler was a great man, until he attacked Poland ofcourse. I have no real problems with trading with anyone. Hitler was a threat o america, plain and simple, before hand he was only a threat to a few select countries such as france
Well just so you know the Soviets always thought the Nazi were bad from the beginning.

Chances are the US and Britian would have know about the anti semitic, fascist rhetoric of the Nazi party.

Analyst

HSC
Hi All,

I totally agree with Mr.Minai there. As a sovereign nation, every state has a right to enrich uranium, plutonium or Gold :p for that matter!! Who are we or America or the security council to consider any way of stopping Iran from possesssing nukes when the whole security council itself either already possesses them, or aspire to possess them in the near future.

Plus Iran I think is doing the right thing by not stopping from developing the nuclear technology, and following the law of precedence where Iraq was supposed to just "probably" try to possess nukes, North Korea certainly does. The US does not dare attack them for the same reason but Iraq was attacked. The only way Iran can have a deterrent against an impending US attack is to possess Nuclear weapons. I am in no way in favour of using them but they are a very important deterrent factor as the recent past has shown. BTW the only nation stupid and inhuman enough to use a nuclear warhead was u know....none other than our beloved Uncle Sam, the so called stalwart of "Human Rights"...... :)

Gangels

HSC
That doesnt really worry me, i dont really know the story, but from what i know, Iran has been starting shit they cant control

Im more worried about Howard doing something uterly dumb, like going to Papua, and stirring up more shit.

Ah well, what can you do:)

Analyst

HSC
Gangels said:
That doesnt really worry me, i dont really know the story, but from what i know, Iran has been starting shit they cant control

Im more worried about Howard doing something uterly dumb, like going to Papua, and stirring up more shit.

Ah well, what can you do:)
Thats precisely why my friend im glad we do not have a nuke, otherwise our "wise" Mr.Howard who is pretty much there already(old) would probably kill so many in Japan/Indonesia/China or even just Bali......

Analyst

HSC
Mongke said:
vote for Kim :(
The old man in the picture in ur signature had to be a man to say that to start with :p. An advocate of total chaos has his say on religion...how sweet....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)