American Imperialism - A list of American Imperialism (1 Viewer)

There is no causal link. It's like if you buy a dog, keep it in your house for 6 months, then let it go out on the street and 10 years later it comes to your house and bites you. It's not your fault.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
I think the fact that when the CIA were training the mujahideen they were looking for religous fanatics, the more fanatical the better, would have suggested to them that the the dog would come back and bite.
Actually perhaps not, you think they would have learnt their lesson after they provided funding and training to Ho Chi Minh in WW2 to resist the Japanese occupancy, or when they supported Hussein in his supression of the Kurds.
But you know, it's all in the name of democracy so I guess its ok

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by euripidies
Hey George W. Bush hows it feel rigging an election and getting away with it?
It fells good!! Well rigging is so harsh - more like supporting all the major caompanies and getting millions for campaign purposes, well theres alot more but remember it not how he wins its if he wins - an yes we all hate Global Warming Bush just like we all hate SoDamn Insane!!

Comrade nathan

HSC
Originally posted by George W. Bush
More importantly, why should we care?

Because the US government is 'interfering' in the affairs of other states? Well, if that's a bad thing, I guess we should just stop all foreign aid, foreign consultation, aid programs, humanitarian missions etc. - I mean, we wouldn't want to interfere!

And, I mean, how DARE America remove the Taliban from power and attempt to hunt down Osama bin Laden :rolleyes:
If america allowed the soviets to move in they would of crushed the taliban and allowed more freedom from Islam

You forgot to mention the pipeline america installed there after they invaded, which would of cost millions of dollars.

America would not have to worry about giving so much foriegn aid if they 1)Let leftist leaders rule there countries with out interferance 2) Stop forcing on free trade aggreement with undeveloped countries, which cant handle advanced capitalist countries.

America are just bribing them

Last edited:
Originally posted by Snapwizard
It fells good!! Well rigging is so harsh - more like supporting all the major caompanies and getting millions for campaign purposes, well theres alot more but remember it not how he wins its if he wins - an yes we all hate Global Warming Bush just like we all hate SoDamn Insane!!
I like the bit where you realised that this describes every single democracy. That bit was my favourite.

If america allowed the soviets to move in they would of crushed the taliban and allowed more freedom from Islam
What is this, The Crusades version 20th century? America isn't fighting a war on Islam, it's fighting a war on terrorism which generally co-oresponds to radical militant Islam. We didn't force Christianity on Afghanistan, and we're not going to force Christianity on Iraq. In fact, it's probably safe to say that not a supporter of the Coalition thinks Afghanistan or Iraq was going to adopt Christianity - and neither should they. We're not trying to spread Christianity, we're fighting terrorism - those who prey on civilians. "You should have let Russia invade Afghanistan to keep Islam down" is one of the worst arguments I've ever heard.

You forgot to mention the pipeline america installed there after they invaded, which would of cost millions of dollars.
I fail to see the relevance.

America would not have to worry about giving so much foriegn aid if they 1)Let leftist leaders rule there countries with out interferance 2) Stop forcing on free trade aggreement with undeveloped countries, which cant handle advanced capitalist countries.
Sooooo, what's the poverty situation like in China these days? And FTAs spread technology, create infrastructure and in general raise the standard of living in the poorer countries. If what you were saying was correct, we'd expect African nations to not require much aid, because the USA isn't 'wrecking' these economies with FTAs.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
No, IMF and the World Bank do that for you.

Studies have shown that the standard of living in Mexico grew steadily worse after the implementation of NAFTA, and let's not even mention how fucked up the Argentinian situation was.

Assuming you are right, is it quite possible that there are exceptions due to poor governance, corruption etc. The main point is that over the past 50 years, no country has significantly improved their standard of living by becoming MORE inwardly focused.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
So let's implement the trickle down effect instead! Hell, the general populace will still be fucked but at least the exec's can make some money!

Comrade nathan

HSC
Originally posted by George W. Bush

What is this, The Crusades version 20th century? America isn't fighting a war on Islam, it's fighting a war on terrorism which generally co-oresponds to radical militant Islam. We didn't force Christianity on Afghanistan, and we're not going to force Christianity on Iraq. In fact, it's probably safe to say that not a supporter of the Coalition thinks Afghanistan or Iraq was going to adopt Christianity - and neither should they. We're not trying to spread Christianity, we're fighting terrorism - those who prey on civilians.

[/B]
What are you talking about i never once said that it was a war against Islam, what i said was it would of been better for the soviets to take over afghanistan and free them from islamic oppresion the taliban.

Maybe you should read it more then once in future.

That's what you wrote. You do, uh, realise, that the Afghanis are Islamic, do you not? Why should America support Russia's attempt for the reason you provide which basically amounts to forcing the Afghanis to change religions?
In short,
Afghanis = Islamic
'Freeing them from Islam' = Forceful changing of religion

So let's implement the trickle down effect instead! Hell, the general populace will still be fucked but at least the exec's can make some money!
Eh, nothing's perfect.

Comrade nathan

HSC
I never mentioned changing there religion manly freeing them from islam oppresion the talibans perspective of the Quran.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Comrade nathan
I never mentioned changing there religion manly freeing them from islam oppresion the talibans perspective of the Quran.
what does "freeing them from islam" imply, then?

Comrade nathan

HSC
Look in the last post on the second page i corrected myself by adding oppresion so you are just talking shit now.

Comrade nathan

HSC
I would rather live under soviet oppresion rather than a someons interpertation of the Quran

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
not if you're a kulak you wouldn't.

its like saying i'd rather be raped up the arse than kicked in the teeth.

euripidies

anyways i think the point is that america doesnt do anything outside of its own interests. and before someone talks about aid think image.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)