An idea? (1 Viewer)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
so you are saying if the right guy came along you wouldnt commit to a serious relationship because itd be a "hinderence"
right........

and lets not contextualise

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
azzie said:
Being tied down in a highly involved relationship is more of a hinderence than a help for me.
Commitment phobia?

I mean the hotter/attractive people perceive themselves to be the less probability that they would settle down and love someone with all their heart. Especially if they feel there is something new, exciting and different around the corner that can be latched onto if the current boy/girl slips up. The person knows they don't have to love the current person with all their heart.

Also if someone keeps getting hurt by 'looser heads' perhaps the hurt person should take a look at themselves to find out why they attract these kinds of persons. I mean if you put yourself or represent yourself in a certain way you are not going to attract any kind of decent quality (I mean quality as in a person who wont hurt you).

I know a girl who keeps getting hurt. She cute and attractive whatever. Her personality and the way she puts herself out there attracts bad guys and she just doesn't understand why.

ann123

wheredanton said:
Commitment phobia?

I mean the hotter/attractive people perceive themselves to be the less probability that they would settle down and love someone with all their heart. Especially if they feel there is something new, exciting and different around the corner that can be latched onto if the current boy/girl slips up. The person knows they don't have to love the current person with all their heart.

Commitment phobia - aka Low self esteem = has to constantly prove to themselves and the world that they are "hot"...

need I say more??

[i wonder whether this will strike a chord...]

ann123

Serius said:
emotion and logic are mutually exclusive, if you are spouting on about feelings and how i should be acting towards you and some sort of reference to your friend sally and how SHE is feeling, you arent going to be looking at things objectively and rationally.

Not to say emotion doesnt have its good points, but when rationalising something its best to use your head and not your heart

What is LOGIC? It's a method of thought that uses cause and effect to reach a conclusion.

In your scenario you refer to "how i should be acting towards you". Let's say this is your gf, if you've been, for example, chauvinistic and patronising, wouldn't you call your actions the Cause of her having this talk with you?
Effect = he obviously doesn't listen/understand/appreciate hence, rationally, i can come to some conclusion about him as a person...

^.^

it's happened before and will continue occuring... what's with the stereotype that men=rational=good whereas women=emotional=weak?!

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Logic is a form of reasoning used to rationalise thoughts, feelings and actions. Whilst there is atleast a causal relationship between logic and emotion [ e.g like you said she is probably all upset about SOMETHING so theres a motive behind it] emotions themselves are not an effective way of rationalising things.
Logic, we have found, is the best method of acheiving an objective[to a degree] truth.

If you are to bring emotions into an arguement you are going to do several things
1. second guess your partners emotions. This can be dangerous because humans are far to complex to be making guesses about how they feel, you are likely to offend them if you say 'well OBVIOUSLY you dont love me, because you said that my new hat looks silly'
2. Make yourself look like a fool. In any serious discussion, straying from the realms of logic will get you F'ed in the A, and no crying doesnt work all the time.

some stereotypes are true, men tend to be rational, women tend to be emotional. Its neither good nor bad in most factors of life. When we stray into the realms of discussion though [a search for truth, if you will] being of rational mind is a help and being an emotionally charge person a hinderance.

ditto.

HSC
Something to consider, though. Humans, as a species, do not always act rationally. In fact, as a collective, much of our behaviour is irrational and clouded by emotions. I would argue that women are therefore at an advantage, in that, they are often more empathetic and in-tune with their own and other's emotions. Enabling them to more accurately predict the actions of others, the feelings of others and the outcomes of events, since applying rationailty and logic to human nature is often fraught with peril.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
azzie said:
I think women should be taught a lesson to be more like men.
Now don't get all feminist on my ass (or anything on my ass thanks) but I've just discovered a secret.

Men have a wonderful way to be detached from much of the emotional side that women are so good at tapping into. This is key. Women care too much about people they like, and relationships in general. Remove the care, and you get fantastic results.

When you don't get attached, when you basically don't care about stuff, stuff has a way of working out brilliantly! Men get so confused when you play their game. But it works a charm.

Does this work for others or is it just my secret that I've now foolishly revealed?
:santa:
You know what, as much as I don't agree with this in the exact way it is written, methinks azzie is onto something. Girls overanalyse, everything, and life is so much easier taking a hint from guys not overanalysing situations. It's so much easier to cruise through, not dwelling on anything and just generally not caring about anything that's not worth the time or effort.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
You know what, as much as I don't agree with this in the exact way it is written, methinks azzie is onto something. Girls overanalyse, everything, and life is so much easier taking a hint from guys not overanalysing situations. It's so much easier to cruise through, not dwelling on anything and just generally not caring about anything that's not worth the time or effort.
Its good and bad, sometimes you pass up on something you realise you probably should've fought for, and other times its a godsend. It sometimes helps to overanalyse, it could act as a reassurance to some people. Relationships would be useless if we didn't feel anything, otherwise they'd merely be convenient rather than 'special'.

lengy

HSC
Relationships are supposed to be special? I always thought it was about convenience. =\

tlodg

HSC
N/A
lengy said:
Relationships are supposed to be special? I always thought it was about convenience. =\
are you being sarcastic?

cuz i lyke, thought u were quite an optimistic dreamer :)

EDIT: in relationships I mean, this in particular.

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
AsyLum said:
Its good and bad, sometimes you pass up on something you realise you probably should've fought for, and other times its a godsend. It sometimes helps to overanalyse, it could act as a reassurance to some people. Relationships would be useless if we didn't feel anything, otherwise they'd merely be convenient rather than 'special'.

Sometimes it first starts as 'special' then leads to convenience.

lengy

HSC
tlodg said:
are you being sarcastic?

cuz i lyke, thought u were quite an optimistic dreamer :)

EDIT: in relationships I mean, this in particular.
Only when I'm thinking about someone like you. :eek:

Some relationships start with convenience and end up 'special'.

h2o2007

HSC
N/A
azzie said:
I think women should be taught a lesson to be more like men.
Now don't get all feminist on my ass (or anything on my ass thanks) but I've just discovered a secret.

Men have a wonderful way to be detached from much of the emotional side that women are so good at tapping into. This is key. Women care too much about people they like, and relationships in general. Remove the care, and you get fantastic results.

When you don't get attached, when you basically don't care about stuff, stuff has a way of working out brilliantly! Men get so confused when you play their game. But it works a charm.

Does this work for others or is it just my secret that I've now foolishly revealed?
:santa:
So just out of curiousity... are there many guys out there, who would go out with a girl for a few months+ have fun etc going to the cinema, concerts, meals, doing completely random stuff together etc. Then when ye eventually have sex... would there be alot more emotion/ feelings for the guy (as opposed to him sleeping with some girl he just met), or sex usually a detached thing for guys anyway??

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
lengy said:
Some relationships start with convenience and end up 'special'.
I sometimes find that. Well, not anymore, but when I was younger- you start dating someone you're not at all sure about, or are indifferent about, and ended up being really involved.

But it's such a good feeling to find someone you're into from the beginning, I like that one better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)