Anbody got UAI of 90+ with low scaled subjects?e.g gen maths (1 Viewer)

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Last year I did
Advanced Englsih: 77
Mathematics: 84
Mathematics Extension 1: 32/50
Studies of Religion I: 40/50
Japanese Continuers: 87/100
Software Design and Development: 91
Information Technology Examination: 91

My NSW UAI: was 90.05. The units that didn't count were from Maths Extension 1, and Studies of Religion. So yes, you can get a high UAI with some "easy" subjects.

ramin_87

Excuse me to anyone that says there are certain subjects that are easy subjects, because if you want to do well in any subject you have to work for it. In my opinion you can do most subjects, if not all, without your typical maths and sciences and still get a high uai, even in the high 90's. These were my hsc marks:

Business studies - 95
Economics - 94
English Advanced - 89
Legal studies - 92
Mathematics - 82 (Didn't count in uai calculation)
Studies of Religion (2 unit) - 88

My uai was 98.25 and there are no maths and sciences. So to all you people who are complaining about their uai's because others beat you who didn't do maths or science, you have no right to complain. At the end of the day every subject is hard and requires hard work, so if you want a high uai, do subjects you enjoy and do well at them. Scaling or its myths should be the last thing on your mind.

ramin_87

hard work + high marks = success and a high uai.

science + maths doesn't necessarily = a high uai, unless you do well in them.

ramin_87

Well done Skillo, see, you can still get a high uai, without so called high scaling subjects. To benfit from scaling you have to do well at a subject, scaling doesn't apply to low marks.

PS. To Skillo and all the other people with high uai's, but with so called low-scaling and easy subjects, ignore people that put you down because of your subjcet choice, at the end of the day nothing is easy in life, everything requires hard work and help from "GOD" as well.

somborac

HSC
my friend done, gen. math, geography, earth and envo science, adv. english and religon 1 unit and got 93ish

ben7

I believe some subjects are easier. Especially say DT is easier and any of the science courses. I beleive that chem and maths contributed alot more to my UAI than English and DT did. Scalling is def not BS. You are a lucky sucker if you grasp chemistry or another scaling up subjects and have a better chance of a high UAI.
I did quite a few 'easier subjects':
Ag 89
DT 84
Stnd Eng 77
Chem 81
Maths 82
UAI: 86.85

Demandred

HSC
I really thought IPT, adv. eng and gen. maths would be the end of me. I averaged like mid 70s for these subjects, in the end I managed to get 94.25 with 91, 90 and 82 for gen. maths, IPT and english. Fuck...

nova

HSC
I was pretty disappointed with my results

Gen maths 93
Std English 80
Economics 87
Business 87
Ancient 78

NSW UAI: 86.45

I wanted over 91, but I didn't do well enough in ancient (was aiming for around 85) and I didnt get the estimated 91 for econ and bus (I topped bus at school and got an HD in the bus studies competition.. i'm not sure what happened there.. my school mark was over 91 aswell so I must have rooted the exam.. oh well)

ramin_87

Yes it is possible to get 99 with subjects such as business studies, legal studies and economics, but you probably need at least 90 (band 6) in everything, so it is preferable to do advanced english, because only 2 people this year got a band 6 in standard english. The point is you have to do well in all your subjects, at least band 6 to get a uai of 99. However, you can still get 99 with a few band 6's which are in the high 90's and the rest should be top band 5.

69^boi

HSC
N/A
ok so band 6 in every sub or a few and rest top band 5 = 99+

69^boi

HSC
N/A
i wish i hadnt listen to my friends to do the subjects just because it scales well........

ramin_87

there's no magic formula. Basically you have to do well in what you do.

PS. bio ^ 69 - what subjects did you, what did you get in them and what uai did you get, if you don't mind telling us, then maybe someone could clear things up for you.

wallid

HSC
i did 3 very bad subjects

english std - 81
gen maths - 89
information technology - 81
legal - 88
business - 90

n i got 90.4 :)

if u do easy/low scaling subjects u just gota do good in em , rank well, n ur fine

dont do IT !!!! it scales shit, its boring, ders hardly any textbooks to study from.... unless u reeeally like that kinda shit

a_person86

HSC
I did the low-scaled subjects, everyone doubted i would achieve a high UAI.

English Standard: 76
Business Studies: 88
Information Technology VET: 91 <--- didnt count
Information Processes & Technology: 91
General Mathematics: 94
Accounting: 95

UAI 92.20

Dont believe the hype about you wont go good with easier subjects. Like I always say, I prefer to come first in an easy subject then last in a hard one!

69^boi

HSC
N/A
hey dazzi do u have to do assesment n test for prelim too? or just quick skim through it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)