Angus & Robertson - Top 100 as voted by Australia (1 Viewer)

Chris.

HSC
http://www.listsofbests.com/list/37388

I personally think Harry Potter shouldnt be number 1...but i guess its a public poll and its probably the most popular book series ever.

I bought "The Alchemist" but im waiting for uni exam to be over to start reading :mad1:

kloudsurfer

HSC
I cant beleive The Da Vinci Code is actually #2.

I mean come on, if you strip away all the controversial ideas, its just an average book. Its no where near as well written as a lot of other authors of the same genre out there.

And why isnt 1984 on the list?

Other than that its pretty good. Gives me something to read. Now that the HSC is over I can actually read books again! Non-school ones!

Last edited:
HSC
I never agree with top 100 lists but they're good if you're stuck for a book and want to try something different. I recently read The Book Thief (#35 on the list) and enjoyed it...

Taskan

HSC
can't believe Brave New World is only 91, or that Catch 22 is only 50

T

Testpilot

Lol, Da Vinci Code (2) is higher than the Bible (20).

Tolstoy is underrated on the list. So too are many of the 'classics' imho.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Hmm. That's a good list. It actually reminded me of a lot of books I've been meaning to read.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Dan Brown on that list is just laughable. Him on it twice is just appalling. Pretty horrible list

J

jhakka

bazookajoe said:
Dan Brown on that list is just laughable. Him on it twice is just appalling. Pretty horrible list
Dude, it's about popular books. Half the reason people hate Dan Brown is because he's actually popular.

Anywho, I agree with Taskan. Catch 22 should be higher, and so should 1984. I haven't read Brave New World.

Chris.

HSC
jhakka said:
Dude, it's about popular books. Half the reason people hate Dan Brown is because he's actually popular.

Anywho, I agree with Taskan. Catch 22 should be higher, and so should 1984. I haven't read Brave New World.
school ruined this book for me :(

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yeah catch 22 should be higher, it was awesome. school didn't even ruin it completely for me (it had a good go at it though)...but yeah i would have put it at least in like the 20's.

GMK

HSC
I tend to agree with the public-Dan Brown books may be stupid and annoying, but the first time they are read, they seem very good. I didnt see animal farm on the list there, which is kinda sad, but otherwise a good list =D

Chris.

HSC
animal far is on the list somewhere..

ive recently read "the alchemist" and "5 people you meet in heaven" from the list. Great books.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Harry Potter really shouldn't be No.1. It was a phenomenon in its time, but now that it's all over, no one cares about it anymore, it's forgotten, dead.

Zephyrio

HSC
The Da Vinci Code #2, Angels and Demons #10
The Catcher in the Rye #40

Something is wrong with this country. lulz

offwithhercardi

HSC
i really don't agree with a lot of the books on the A&R top 100 list e.g. harry potter but they just finished taking the info for the new top 100 so hopefully it will be quite different this time around. I voted :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)