Animal cruelty is the same as racism. (1 Viewer)

kawaiinlove

HSC
Some people have just looked too deep into this. Although they are two different things, the bottom line of the two are identical; discrimination based on difference.

kawaiinlove

HSC
pigs/cows are whipped, in cramped spaces and the only sunlight they ever see is the one on the way to the slaughterhouse. whereas pets like dogs have their own fashion lines. bottom line, farm animals get treated unfairly.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I think the OP has a point but is just unable to articulate it in a very ... appropriate manner. We do have an underlying philosophy of man vs. beast in our society which validates mistreatment of animals at numerous levels which is in some ways similar to, but not the same as, some of the underlying premises involved in the enslavement and consequent abuse of other persons based on their racial group, especially given the colonial rhetoric surrounding 'savages' (often equated to apes) spouted in centuries past.

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
i have honestly never heard of cows being raised in sheds like pigs ??
like the most intensive shit u can get is feedlots and they are awesome
people with no knowledge of agriculture just shouldnt be talking about this issue imo

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
The perpertrator of that is going to be fined/jailed/whatever and it's perfectly legal to cut off chickens beaks and cows horns.
It is not legal to cut off chicken beaks, by which I assume you mean amputating them completely; but as the beak itself is just keratin and has no nerves, just like cow horns or your own fingernails, trimming off the sharp edge to prevent them from pecking other chooks isn't illegal and isn't inhumane, and neither is trimming cow horn.

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
haha cows horns are a little bit different to dogs ears and chickens beaks, they cant feel them for starters

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
haha cows horns are a little bit different to dogs ears and chickens beaks, they cant feel them for starters
Uh, chooks can't feel their beaks either, at least not the tips before their nasal passages. It's all keratin.

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
ok, well its still a bit different seeing as beaks might lose some functionalilty if they are cut, whereas cows dont need horns and its pretty much an animal welfare thing to cut them off

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Nah it's more like the difference between clipping a cat's claws and declawing them. One prevents painful scratches while still allowing your cat the use of their claws for grooming and balance and the other is unspeakably inhumane.

Chooks can still eat with blunted beaks. It'd be kind of defeating the purpose if they couldn't.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
What happens if you're white and you kick a black cat.

Is that animal cruelty and racism? Which part of that combination is worse?

lol did someone say cows get farmed in sheds? wtf

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
pigs/cows are whipped, in cramped spaces and the only sunlight they ever see is the one on the way to the slaughterhouse. whereas pets like dogs have their own fashion lines. bottom line, farm animals get treated unfairly.
Oh jesus not this idiot.

Do you even know what you're talking about? Cows get whipped? Cows might cop a cow prodder to the arse if they're not going through the race properly, but whipped? And in cramped spaces? It's completely counter productive to farm a cow in a shed. Like, the amount of money you'd spend on feeding the cunts as opposed to just letting them eat the grass. It wouldn't be worth it, thus you're full of shit.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
there was some article in the newspaper, herald, today about the increasing importance of animal protection law

looks like this thread is winning

auraflux7

HSC
Hey they are the Royal dog of Scotland

shes pretty lanky atm

she will fill out

her brother will be >50kgs imo
No offence dude that is the ugliest/shittest dog out, might as well
of got a fucking Poodle. Why not get a German Shepherd? There is
nothing that your Deerhound can do, that a German Shepherd can't
do better. But Hey, that's just my opinion.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
No offence dude that is the ugliest/shittest dog out, might as well
of got a fucking Poodle. Why not get a German Shepherd? There is
nothing that your Deerhound can do, that a German Shepherd can't
do better. But Hey, that's just my opinion.
Except for, um, hunt deer.

Shepherds != hunting dogs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)