Animal cruelty is the same as racism. (1 Viewer)

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
Vegetarianism isn't better than a diet with meat in it if that meat is lean and consumed in appropriate quantities. Perhaps as good, but definitely not better - or, at least, that much has not been proven conclusively (and probably never will).
I mostly agree with this. At the very least, vegetarianism is not less healthy than meat-eating, and meat-eating is not essential for good health. I don't know how much of the meat people actually consume is lean though.

The end.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Well, I don't know about you, but I don't buy crappy quality meat, and either way, crappy quality meat like that which is sold in the US is actually pretty hard to find here. As has been put recently, your average good quality steak has less fat than an equivalent piece of salmon.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
i concur. i've never had kangaroo meat but i have no qualms about trying it

it's almost as if some australians find it immoral to eat an animal that's associated with our national identity.

i suppose that makes sense on some level - a moronic level

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Kangaroo meat is amazingly tasty, even leaner than our beef and very high in iron. I love it, and so should everyone else!

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Kangaroo meat is amazingly tasty, even leaner than our beef and very high in iron. I love it, and so should everyone else!
My dad and brother eat it, but I just can't bring myself to eat it. Don't know what it is as I'm a beef/lamb/chicken addict, maybe it's because of the image I have of kangaroos being cute. I don't eat veal either for that reason, so I guess that's it. Yeah, doesn't make sense.

Laika_

Banned
HSC
i would eat kangaroo if i could be bothered lol iv got plenty of it but i feed it to my dog lol

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Alternative sources of meat, like kangaroo for our climate, are far more feasible than convincing the population to give up meat.
Roos taste so bloody gamey though, and as has been said, most of Australia is no good for anything except stuff like cattle grazing.

Laika_

Banned
HSC
for sustainability?

there honestly arent enough rabbits around anymore, due to myxi and shit

i think i had it when i was a kid, gamey like chicken a bit

rabbit traps are illegal now which is shit

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
for sustainability?

there honestly arent enough rabbits around anymore, due to myxi and shit
Tell that to the farmers in central Australia, dude.

i think i had it when i was a kid, gamey like chicken a bit

rabbit traps are illegal now which is shit
Rabbit's awesome but you can't really sell wild-caught ones for human consumption, I don't think.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
As man we are domenate species over other speces.
we have knife, club, stone, rifle.
we hunt for eons and like any other non human predator we dont see it is cruelty.
it is SURVIVAL.

the eye of the tiger sees that antelope grazing grass and he is hungry.
will mr tiger say to mr antelope 'it is cruel for me to eat you and therefore i will disrupt the prey population equilibrium?'
then mr tiger eats mr antelope.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
the real issue is,
if i eat a black man, white gook, asian gook, mexecan or whatever race present itself is it racism?
i appreciate the goodness they bring in flesh.

K

khorne

I'm sorry...You're an idiot OP. How is animal cruilty ANYTHING like racism.

Laika_

Banned
HSC
Tell that to the farmers in central Australia, dude.

Rabbit's awesome but you can't really sell wild-caught ones for human consumption, I don't think.
lol yeah i think i have a fair idea

they arent at the numbers they were in the 30s or anything when you could actually live off them

no it is not feasible to sell them for food really

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
Seriously the only thing I have taken away from this thread is the fact that some people really need to look up word definitions in the dictionary ffs.

rac⋅ism
  /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [rey-siz-uhm]
–noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

This makes me think of things like the Holocaust, The Stolen Generation, and say segregation. How this relates to the regulations of animal breeding for food consumption and white people vs black people in power I really do not know.

and...

Eating animals is the same as cannibalism tbh
can⋅ni⋅bal⋅ism
  /ˈkænəbəˌlɪzəm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kan-uh-buh-liz-uhm]
–noun
1. the eating of human flesh by another human being.
2. the eating of the flesh of an animal by another animal of its own kind.
3. the ceremonial eating of human flesh or parts of the human body for magical or religious purposes, as to acquire the power or skill of a person recently killed.
4. the act of pecking flesh from a live fowl by a member of the same flock.
5. the removal of parts, equipment, assets, or employees from one product, item, or business in order to use them in another.
6. the acquisition and absorption of smaller companies by a large corporation or conglomerate.

Ummm by looking at this dictionary definition can you please further explain to me how eating another species is cannibalism - without making yourself sound anymore ignorant??

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
only got one roo tonight but the dogs got a little one too but it was too little to cut up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)