annoying television ads!! grr... (1 Viewer)

prima_donna

HSC
There was this really funny Nike ad where these teenage girls are swooning over a male tennis coach. Pity it got canned cos it offended some viewers.

prima_donna

HSC
They say it trivialised paedophilia...pfft. Doesn't anyone have a sense of humour these days.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
yes, but the toyota 'bugger' ads also got canned because they offended people.
its just plain crazy.

chepas

HSC
The 'Bugger' ads were hilarious!!! Ah memories...

The ad that shat me to tears was the Daewoo ad from yooooonks ago with Kane the dog and one of the Daddo brothers, and it advertised something like if you buy this car, we'll through in a free microwave. WHAT DID THE MICROWAVE HAVE TO DO WITH THE PRICE OF EGGS.... Why not just give the buyer $100 worth of petrol?!?!?? A car and a microwave, I fail to see the connection, yet today we can operate just about anything from a car anyway...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
because 'bugger' in its true sense supposedly means 'male to male anal sex', which offended religious groups or some crap.

Fry

the funniest ad on tv right now is the 1800reverse ad with Holly Vallance. i crack up everytime she says 'the only thing i carry around now is the number in my head'. just the expression on her face is bloody hilarious..lol

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Fry said:
the funniest ad on tv right now is the 1800reverse ad with Holly Vallance. i crack up everytime she says 'the only thing i carry around now is the number in my head'. just the expression on her face is bloody hilarious..lol
yeah, she fits that roll very well

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
i seriously hate that australian pensioners insurance agency woman and the whole ad series.

I think before it had some guy as the main speaker, which was alright, but now they're so damn annoying.

i mean 'for insurance our own customers recommend' what kind of a line is that?

blue_lemonade

i reckon the best ad is that sealy one with the kid jumping up and down on his mattress...and then gets knocked out as soon as he hits the sealy.

classic.

chepas

HSC
Ah, reminds me of a sort of new ad that was on during the Olympics - a guy gets on his tall boy/dresser thingo, gets ready to dive, then dives onto the Sealy posturpedic bed.

I thought it was funny when I saw it first, but now I forget why... :rolleyes:

mack

Banned
HSC
I loathe that Good guys ad, you know, where theyre all playing vaccum cleaner guitars and such? That ad is so fucking stupid......

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
I loved the one during the Olympics of the guy using the end of his bed as a beam on which to do those spins and twirls on.

Ad I hate right now are the talk to me dodo ads, ALL OF THEM.

Farnarcle

I like the ad when the guy is pelting down the road in a Holden Ute with Powderfinger jamming along. Then he has a head on with another car.

Very well done. But I hate it when they have a real car ad afterward, kinda ruins the point.

(Yeah, I despise powerful cars, even though I do Mech Eng. Had too many close calls lately)

homestar

you know that ad where a bunch of women are walking down a street making protests about being treated unfailrly, then a guy walks in front of them with the words "make my dinner" written on his shirt. that is a funny ad :uhhuh: :D

nerd2die4

HSC
i looove that add. its the hilux add or something. there is also another add, advertising the same thing, but instead he has 'the worlds best street fighter' writen on his shirt. the funniest adds ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)