another random: are you allowed to thread (1 Viewer)

smartalec

HSC
haha so i dont know if anyone has thought of this, but we all know the supervisors are totally clueless about the type of exam we have to do.
so my question is...if we need to memorise statistics, could we put them in our calculater, then in the exam, press the 'answer' or 'memory' button and see the numbers? sneaky. i know.

E.G. in a sor exam if they asked us about the percentage of christians in australia. i could totes have my 'previous answer on my calulater' and have the answer of 64.9 ;)

smartalec

HSC
edit. i just realised the stupidity of my thread name. obviously its condemned, but are there any specific rules about it?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
It is cheating but you really cannot get caught

You only really can get caught if the test doesn't allow calculators and you use one.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
No one will find out, but really all you really would do is remember one number. Is it really worth it?

Bobbo1

HSC
Even so, by the time u spend the effort putting into ur calculator memory i'm pretty sure u could have learnt it by then

Official

Bring it on
HSC
haha so i dont know if anyone has thought of this, but we all know the supervisors are totally clueless about the type of exam we have to do.
so my question is...if we need to memorise statistics, could we put them in our calculater, then in the exam, press the 'answer' or 'memory' button and see the numbers? sneaky. i know.

E.G. in a sor exam if they asked us about the percentage of christians in australia. i could totes have my 'previous answer on my calulater' and have the answer of 64.9 ;)

lmfao this could work for a subject like economics so well, but yeh, what bobbo said, you would have probably learnt it off by heart if you have taken the time to put it in

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Calculators are only allowed into certain exams and where they are allowed the memory must be cleared before entering the exam.

Corvid

HSC
N/A
If you're that desperate...

Learn braille. Print answers in braille and put it in pocket or something.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

Cause really, if you get caught with a bunch of dots on a piece of paper, noone will think it's Braille. :rolleyes2:

Bobbo1

HSC

HelenaJean

HSC

LOL! i'd think it would be easier to just learn the content rather than LEARN AN ENTIRE NEW LANGUAGE FOR THE PURPOSE OF CHEATING! it's a quirky idea though.

i think your calculators have to be wiped in some exams, depending on how strict your markers are (never a problem for my rural exams centre last year, though they were knitting and reading magasines during the exam!). i'd expect it would be easier to just learn to content.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
can't you assign certain numbers and letters to like the A, B, C etc buttons?
yes.

The only two courses that don't allow calculators are IPT and SDD. every other course lets you bring one in the exam room.

but There is a rule that you must clean our your calculator before entering the exam, though I'm not sure how that would be enforced in a room of around 200 people with some people with more than 1 calculator. I suppose you would just get lucky. But it would look kinda odd using a calc in an SoR exam, would look suss.

artosis

HSC
irrelevant but saw this when looking at the courses that allow calculators
In the General Mathematics HSC examination students are permitted to use calculators, including graphics calculators.
Soooooo unfair.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
irrelevant but saw this when looking at the courses that allow calculators

Soooooo unfair.
General Maths have some weird statistics shit like mode, mean, median etc etc. Count yourself lucky. :p

mirakon

nigga
HSC
the colon in the thread title intrigues me and its enimgatic purpose seems to hold the key to the universe.

Last edited:

jackl25

HSC

Is it really necessary anyway? In past years they've given you the table with all the data in it....for SOR1 Religion in Australia that is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)