any advise would be appreciated so much... (1 Viewer)

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
hi, this is my problem and i hope someone will read it and make me some suggestions. any comment would be appreciated...
i'm aiming for 90 in my UAI (because all psychology degree in any university are pretty high), but i can't see myself getting above band 5(at maximum) in these subjects:
Biology (half yearly was 50% just)
Business Studies (floating somewhere around 60%...half yearly)
Maths 2unit (always around 70%)
Ancient History (never passed anything yet. always nearly the bottom)
English standard (I used to be top one or position number two in the subject, but now slowlly dropping)
and only thing I can really do well(always 90% or above) is visual art, which is kind of dumb.
I'm full fee paying student and my language is not English, and my essay writing, grammer and speech are just horrible. I try but every now and then depression, constant relationship break down with my mom(who was asked to come over for my mental health reasons), not having my own room, isolation (no friends as they are all chinese and they are not willing to communicate with me-and i used to skip a year and all my friends are in year12) and relationship problem (getting used by this man i love).
I've already repeated a year and my parents are never happy at my results and the amount of effort that I'm putting in.
I really don't know what I can do to improve my results and I certainly don't know whether I can even get a degree in uni. If I seek counsellor, they will say the issue is out of their hands(as risk of harming myself severely) and report it. then I would be forced to move back to Japan. With no help, what can I do?

lor.x3

HSC
N/A
i know this is an old thread but hey i thought i'd reply anyway...first of all...any guy, even one you love, isnt worth your time if hes using you...and this rule should always apply...so dont let guys use you kay...if you need help with essays and grammar and stuff like that you know taht stuff can be taught easily...get someone to help you out...with subjects i think its all just a matter of studying hard and believing in yourself...when you need help, ask for it...and just you know, but some study guides or just go to the library and stuff...look for support from the people around you...sometimes it might seem hard, but im sure if you look, you'll find that people really will help you, you know...anyway i hope things have all worked out by now...just keep your spirits high and remember that school will all be over soon...p.s. you like the alchemist?? i heard that book is good...i wana read it...im thinking of going for psych as well...good luck girl! believe in yourself!

HSC
you can do arts majoring in psyc at uni, and then transfer into a psyc course...the uai for that is considerably less, so don't lose hope too much.

in saying that consider your other options carefully...

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
haha, way to go and revive a year old topic. lmao

live.fast

HSC
N/A
Get alot of tutors.

Start going to your local library to do study, after school.

Get the Excel books for all your subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)