any one know Minimum wages for..? (1 Viewer)

brookie94

HSC
OMG! OMG! OMG. I got an interview on Monday!!!!!! Omg I'm so excited!!! Yay :)
anyone know what they ask you at their interviews :):rofl:

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Brooke. If they don't pay you the SDA agreed wage, contact the union and they will get it for you. Don't let them think about ripping you off.

:)

brookie94

HSC
Never settle for the minimum wage.

If you need to ask what the minimum wage is, then you have set your expectations too low
i was asking about minimum wage so i know that what i get is above it and i dont get ripped off DAH!

brookie94

HSC
Brooke. If they don't pay you the SDA agreed wage, contact the union and they will get it for you. Don't let them think about ripping you off.

:)
thanks for the advice mate. so you think i should be getting about 10.20?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Correct. You should be getting somewhere around $10.54 per hour if you are in Victoria. Victoria gets a higher casualty penalty rate (28.5% compared to 22.5% - according to 18.3 Junior casual team members shall receive the above rates plus the loading prescribed in sub-clause 4.2.

4.2 Ordinary Hourly Rate
(1) The ordinary hourly rate of pay for full-time and part-time team members is
1/38th of the appropriate weekly rate contained in clause 18 (Wage Rates);

(2) The ordinary hourly rate of pay for casual team members is 1/38th of the
appropriate weekly rate contained in clause 18 (Wage Rates) plus 22.5%
(28.5% for casual team members in Victoria).
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
My calculations show you should be getting $10.05 on 22.5% - I think.

Last edited:

brookie94

HSC
Correct. You should be getting somewhere around $10.54 per hour if you are in Victoria. Victoria gets a higher casualty penalty rate (28.5% compared to 22.5% - according to 18.3 Junior casual team members shall receive the above rates plus the loading prescribed in sub-clause 4.2.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
My calculations show you should be getting $10.05 on 22.5% - I think.
thanks. um i'm in NSW sorry lol. so i should be getting about $10?? that sounds better coz a girl i talked to was 15 and getting $10.45.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Well the $10.05 wage I calculated could be training or something. That's "grade 1" wage, I don't know what grade 1 is.
At Woolworths, grade 5 is training, and grade 4 is off training, so it could be something like that, which it probably is.

You'll be getting $10.25 after six months, if the chart below (across) is wage increases after x months. $10.45 after 12 months, and so on. So yes, that 15 year old has worked there for 12 months i'd assume.

Last edited:

brookie94

HSC
Well the $10.05 wage I calculated could be training or something. That's "grade 1" wage, I don't know what grade 1 is.
At Woolworths, grade 5 is training, and grade 4 is off training, so it could be something like that, which it probably is.

You'll be getting $10.25 after six months, if the chart below (across) is wage increases after x months. $10.45 after 12 months, and so on. So yes, that 15 year old has worked there for 12 months i'd assume.
no she actually only just started so i'd guess her wage will be like $11 after 6 months. And remember I'm only 14 lol

Last edited:

beefnoodle

HSC
The minimum wage should be abolished. Supply and demand and productivity should set the wages, not the bureaucrats and unions. The minimum wage law is the most anti-job, anti-business, anti-youth and anti low-skill worker law. It reduces incentives for employers to hire new and young staff and increases unemployment. If a person wants to work at McDonalds for $10, so be it. Its better to have a job than nothing. Employers and employees should have full power to bargain without government interference. Shame on the unions and Labor!

Kiim2507

HSC
The minimum wage should be abolished. Supply and demand and productivity should set the wages, not the bureaucrats and unions. The minimum wage law is the most anti-job, anti-business, anti-youth and anti low-skill worker law. It reduces incentives for employers to hire new and young staff and increases unemployment. If a person wants to work at McDonalds for $10, so be it. Its better to have a job than nothing. Employers and employees should have full power to bargain without government interference. Shame on the unions and Labor!
Sorry but that sounds like the worst idea ever. If some people are willing to work for $10 an hour fine but I'm not so what I can't get a job then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)