Any particular 'good luck charms' that you do before important days? (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Pretty self explanatory: just wondering if anyone has any particular 'good luck charms' that you do before/on important days, such as exams, first dates, etc?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
Pretty self explanatory: just wondering if anyone has any particular 'good luck charms' that you do before/on important days, such as exams, first dates, etc?
I give money to charity. :D

Well, I would still give money to charity even if I don't have an important event on that day.

But I make sure I give money to charity on those important days.

I also eat bread on that day. I never get anything that has fat into my mouth. I also leave home very early.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Haha, well mine involved numerous different....'activities'.

- Night before, I usually study, with a scented candle on the table. Yeah, I love my scented candles. :p
- I have to wake up at 5am, the next day, to the minute.
- If it's Maths, I bring two calculators to school.
- In the exam, I have to use a blue "Bic Soft Feel Medium" pen
- I don't bring a jumper.

Can't thikn of anymore at the moment, but I'll edit them in as I go. :p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
Haha, well mine involved numerous different....'activities'.

- Night before, I usually study, with a scented candle on the table. Yeah, I love my scented candles. :p
- I have to wake up at 5am, the next day, to the minute.
- If it's Maths, I bring two calculators to school.
- In the exam, I have to use a blue "Bic Soft Feel Medium" pen
- I don't bring a jumper.

Can't thikn of anymore at the moment, but I'll edit them in as I go. :p
lol. I guess I have a horrible memory of that. I used to bring 4 calculators just in case but I lost them all. (3 are same but one is different)

I also don't bring any pen on the exam day. I rely on friends'. I tend to perform better. On top of that, I also have certain seats where I have to sit. I also try to steal my friend's seat. His seat gives me luck.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Oh yeah - there are particular people who I have to sit with to do well. There are others who are some of my best friends, who I can't sit next to, because I usually do shit if I sit next to them :p

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
I dont have any myself but have to participate in my friends

One of my friends has a tiny glass pig she got from italy or somewhere in Europe and we each have to kiss it (?) and another makes us all touch index fingers for 8 seconds. Yes.. They are strange. Apparently it has something to do with absorbing each others knowledge in that subject

bawd

HSC
midifile said:
I dont have any myself but have to participate in my friends

One of my friends has a tiny glass pig she got from italy or somewhere in Europe and we each have to kiss it (?) and another makes us all touch index fingers for 8 seconds. Yes.. They are strange. Apparently it has something to do with absorbing each others knowledge in that subject
lol

Before exams (or even where there are no exams) I sometimes try to put my forehead against the forehead of a clever person to transfer knowledge.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Some people in my Year group believe that being the last to sit down in a room will mean you will get the highest mark (pretty stupid eh).

These are the following things I like to do (I don't think they're good luck charms, but they seem to help):
- Pray before I sit an exam. (I know that sounds weird, but I go to a Catholic School, so if i don't do it myself, most likely we'll pray as a school community.)
- Maths - I bring two calculators (isn't for good luck, its just that my calculator died on me when i sat my School Certificate in Year 9)
- Always have a cup of coffee (I guess that takes away the fear that I'll fall asleep before i finish an exam)

Yeah that's basically it.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
bawd said:
lol

Before exams (or even where there are no exams) I sometimes try to put my forehead against the forehead of a clever person to transfer knowledge.
You might kiss that person that way. Good excuse to kiss someone! :D

bawd

HSC
lyounamu said:
You might kiss that person that way. Good excuse to kiss someone! :D
Yes, that would be a good excuse to use if you wanted to kiss someone. ;)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
bawd said:
Yes, that would be a good excuse to use if you wanted to kiss someone. ;)
Too bad that I cannot use that particular method. My school is a boy's school. It sucks, doesn't it?

bawd

HSC
the-derivative said:
Or get bashed.
lyounamu would probably get bashed if he did that, considering he goes to an all boy's school. I probably wouldn't. ;)

Another weird ritual I have for exams to is always use a medium ball point pen. It's much easier to write with compared to fine tips, which I use for preparing notes, because it's neater.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I remember really long ago, I had this gold and red embroidered silk cloth thing, which was laminated or like something like that, and had a chain/string or something, with some Chinese character (don't know), in the centre of the box. I just kept that thing in my pocket.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
lol. I guess I have a horrible memory of that. I used to bring 4 calculators just in case but I lost them all. (3 are same but one is different)
I seriously choked laughing at how many calculators you bring Namu! I bring 2 and that's enough.

the-derivative said:
Yeah so many Sydney Boys people on this forum. Not enough Pats people here. We're not nerdy enough to post, well not our year group anyway.
Not enough post at my school either. I think I'm the only one that posts :rolleyes:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
I seriously choked laughing at how many calculators you bring Namu! I bring 2 and that's enough.
I bring 1...

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Eat a banana and two eggs for breakfast in that order then you will get 100.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)