Any schools teach perms and combs in year 11 (2 Viewers)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I just realised, if perms and combs is a yr 11 topic then why do some schools teach it in yr 12?

WildestDreams

HSC
Yeah but perms and combs is a pree hard topic (from what I hear)
Yeah it actually was pretty hard for me at first, but after I did a lot questions and practised it became fun .... and now I miss it :(

Don't worry though, I'm sure you'll be fine. I've heard theres harder topics in Extension maths :O

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Yeah it actually was pretty hard for me at first, but after I did a lot questions and practised it became fun .... and now I miss it :(

Don't worry though, I'm sure you'll be fine. I've heard theres harder topics in Extension maths :O
Binomial Theorem..smh

si2136

HSC
N/A
Re: Any schools teach permutation and combination in year 11

The hardest 3u topic for me must be Circle Geo. I can do it through observation, I just can't right it down.

And the rest are pretty easy. Heard perms and Combs was hard, turned out to be really easy. Same as Calc

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
I basically hate plane and circle geometry..pisses me off

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Binomials theorem and Calculus to the physical world (motion in a straight line, projetile motion, motion this, motion that, rates of change, etc) are the 2 hardest topics in 3U I believe. I also believe probability is up there as well (same with perms and combs)

leehuan

HSC
After figuring the answer..writing it down..takes so long for me

FORGOT TO MENTION 3D TRIG (FK THAT SHIT)
Really. Just learn to draw triangles seperately and consider everything one at a time.

That one 3D diagram is useless if you can't work around it.

(Yes, that also implies label any unlabelled sides)

Geometry is not hard. If you know what you're doing.

Keep on the lookout for similar triangles and quadrilaterals as they are the biggest problem in 2U
Then, remember what each theorem LOOKS like. e.g. I remember the alternate segment by a triangle and a tangent.

edit: lol I find binomial theorem proofs take MUCH LONGER than a measly geometry proof...

Last edited:

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
Really. Just learn to draw triangles seperately and consider everything one at a time.

That one 3D diagram is useless if you can't work around it.

(Yes, that also implies label any unlabelled sides)

Geometry is not hard. If you know what you're doing.

Keep on the lookout for similar triangles and quadrilaterals as they are the biggest problem in 2U
Then, remember what each theorem LOOKS like. e.g. I remember the alternate segment by a triangle and a tangent.

edit: lol I find binomial theorem proofs take MUCH LONGER than a measly geometry proof...
care to give an example?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)