Anyone bum out like me?? (1 Viewer)

Jacks

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Did you guys... seriously try?
I got 86.. i didn't pick up an english book, i just read the study guides before the exams...
Did you hand in assignments? Do you go to some bad scaling school?

I don't get how u guys did as low as some of u have done without like a death in the family.
That's not a very nice way to put it. Firstly if you didn't pick up an english book you may have tried less than some of these people. :p I'd say you're extremely lucky to get what you got. It's all about what subjects you do and the UAI has never been a true indication of how much someone has tried or even how smart they are. A lot of people aren't happy with the way UAIs are calculated and I don't think assuming people who got low UAIs didn't try is going to help them, especially if many really did try. I know many who last year got low UAIs who I was expected to score highly, both based on their application to their studies and intelligence. So basically the point to all of you who are disappointed is that the UAI is not a true indication of your intelligence...which I'd say is a reason why you are disappointed, because many of you were probably expecting and deserved better. Keep your chins up though...there's always a way of getting where you want to, keep looking and you'll find it! ;)

*Flutterby*

Not-That-Bright said:
I got 86.. i didn't pick up an english book, i just read the study guides before the exams...

I don't get how u guys did as low as some of u have done without like a death in the family.
Honestly I can say I tried. In what little spare time I had that I wasn't looking after my nan or taking care of the house I did study. I dunno if I think I did good or bad in retrospect

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yea.. sometimes i feel EAS is a little too small for some things, like if u ask me.... if u were looking after ur nan and such.. or lost ur father or something... u should be given a better uai of about 10+ points..

But i guess some people would abuse it.

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
I didn't do shit shit, but I didn't do nearly as well as I could have, and since I can't afford to move, I don't think i'm getting into uni, as last years cut-off was someting like 76 and I only got 68.85 :(

jason_granger

......jd
HSC
no offence 2 any1 who may think i did well
i got a uai of 96.65 and am terribly dissapointed as i cant get into anything i really want 2 do

*Flutterby*

Not-That-Bright said:
Yea.. sometimes i feel EAS is a little too small for some things, like if u ask me.... if u were looking after ur nan and such.. or lost ur father or something... u should be given a better uai of about 10+ points..

But i guess some people would abuse it.
yeh well i couldnt apply for misadventure because of extenuating circumstances so i really just have to be happy with what i got *shrug* some things cant be helped and i wouldnt not have taken care of her

*Flutterby*

jason_granger said:
i got a uai of 96.65 and am terribly dissapointed as i cant get into anything i really want 2 do
i can honestly say that some of us would kill for that uai. but i understand that there are high as hell standards u may have set that you cant reach and i am sorry for you for that *hug*

Jacks

HSC
well you have a lot more options than those who got much lower than that, at least you can get into uni, so choose something close to what you like and then transfer, if you do well you have that and your good UAI which will give you a fantastic chance of getting into the course you want to do. Last year my desired course was high 90s....I just did something similar, am getting good marks and can now transfer so don't be disappointed just think ahead and work for what you want ;)

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:

I didn't study hard as much as I could've, but it's not like I was a lazy ass either. My actual HSC marks were good for me, but my UAI was scaled down pretty bad. The thing that shits me is people who do jack all, all year round and end up getting 90's, and people who put effort into it get below 70. Sucks =/

somechick

HSC
N/A
jason_granger said:

omg your kidding right? errr wrong place to post something like that. Cant get into anything? bah....
Alternative uni's have lower cutoffs.
But thats just the stupidest thing ive ever heard

Jacks

HSC
I agree...posting in this thread may be the wrong place to voice your concerns about doing badly, or at least perhaps not as well as you hoped. It can't make those who really can't get into anything they want feel very good...it's like another kick in the guts reading a comment like that. Like I said you can always get what you want one way or another...what exactly did you want to do? Like what course? I'm, sure there are other unis, or other degrees that are similar from which you can transfer...

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
jason_granger said:
OH NO WAAaaAaaaA I didn't get 3.35 MORE THAN I SHOULD'vE! WaaAAaaaAaAaa!! Why isn't anything given to me on a silver platter? WWAaaaAaaaAaaa. I'm so damn smart I can't even bother figuring out what other alternatives into doing what I want to do! WaaaaAaaAaa! Only 96.65 WaaAaaaaa I must be the dumbest kid alive WaaAaaaaa TeRRribbibibibly dissa-ma-pointed WaaAaaAa!!!

Tool.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
OH NO WAAaaAaaaA I didn't get 3.35 MORE THAN I SHOULD'vE! WaaAAaaaAaAaa!! Why isn't anything given to me on a silver platter? WWAaaaAaaaAaaa. I'm so damn smart I can't even bother figuring out what other alternatives into doing what I want to do! WaaaaAaaAaa! Only 96.65 WaaAaaaaa I must be the dumbest kid alive WaaAaaaaa TeRRribbibibibly dissa-ma-pointed WaaAaaAa!!!

Tool.
thank u for saying that

btw any1 who gets over 90 should not be allowed to come in this thread

u may not get into the course u dreamed of, but most of us including myself r finding it hard to even get into university- all because of one yr of my fucking life

STFU- it may not be important, but its something we have to do

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Just remember, everyone is entitled to have their own opinions. 96 is shit, in some peoples regard, whilst in others, 90 is great. Its all about the work you put in.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
true but im saying there is a difference between not getting the course u want and not getting into uni at all- i think its a big difference just for ur uai rank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)