Anyone else completely losing focus and going crazy?! (1 Viewer)

Neologism

HSC
Anyone feeling like this? :bomb:

So, I'm that kid in the grade who many people hate for my rankings and have worked so hard and been driven and determined from the very start of Year 11. Yes, Year 11. Most people only started to realise at the beginning of Year 12 (or some before or after trials...) that if they want a good ATAR, they need to start working for it. After all, "success is determined by how determined you are to succeed" (one of my favourite quotes). After all of this hard work, now I can't even concentrate when I need to most. It's a combination of the exams and other factors that's making me feel just not 100%, you know? :uhoh:

I was really focused for business and the english papers but then maths yesterday I made so many little silly mistakes, pretty much just because I'm sick of my boring life pattern these days... sleep, sleep, sleep, eat, study, study, study, eat, study, study, study, eat, study, study, study, sleep... Yes I have breaks, I do. Yes I know HSC isn't the be all and end all, but I was just wondering if other people are feeling like this and that they are going crazy from all the study? I haven't even finished putting together my extension english story for next monday and since year 11 I've been the first to prepare every single essay/story. I mean, I have all my essays/stories for trials organised weeks before the trials because I did so much preparation throughout Year 12. But now, I can't believe I haven't finished it and I'm that unfocused and going crazy that I don't know how to finish it. Maths Extension tomorrow I am freaking out about too. Everyone is saying that they think it will be hard because apparently Maths Ext 2 was hard? Not sure about that though? Oh and then chem on wednesday, that's my weakest subject as shown by my ranking in my signature sooo naturally not looking forward to that one :punch:

Sorry that was so long, and I'm new-ish so a lot of you wouldn't know me... but I guess I just know that this forum is filled with really smart people and maybe you would all understand or have some advice. Better chance of finding understanding people here than irl because the people I know don't care about HSC to start with and secondly, don't have a clue because they don't understand my situation... I don't even know someone else who does all of my subjects irl :frown2:

Magical Kebab

HSC
Keep at it for a couple of weeks than have a break during the summer?
You worked hard all that time and your giving up now? Not worth it.

mattyr1

HSC
ok i kno u have a lot on ur plate and im feeling very much like u afta maths... but ive tried to avoid goin on the forums for subjects,, my mentality is get the exam done and go home straight away and DO NOT talk about the exam to anyone.. just move on what ever happens happens

breeee

HSC
Your ranks are amazing! You should be so happy with them :) And I feel the same too - I'm first in extension 1 English and I have my story (well, a broad idea/plot) figured out but not much prep done for the essay. Just keep working through it- and if it helps, I got a 24/25 mark on my story for the trial which I developed the day before. I think it must have been my out pour of emotion from the stress that did it. It could be to do with the fact that we do Romanticism but lots of great work can come from the last minute :) Good luck !!

jmel93

HSC
When I read this after a Maths thread I read the title as something along the lines of "locus focus hocus pocus," a testament to how mindfucked I am. I'm feeling exactly the same, I've been working hard since year 11 (but not being ranked nearly as well as you), and now I'm losing focus. You should listen to Eye of the Tiger or any other song that gets you pumped, it works temporarily. I can completely empathise with, thus, I wish you good luck.

2011_

HSC
I definitely understand how you feel, and I'm a bit the same! I have been working hard for so long and now everything seems to be going a little pear shaped :( Just give it your best, and good luck!

Neologism

HSC
Keep at it for a couple of weeks than have a break during the summer?
You worked hard all that time and your giving up now? Not worth it.
Very true, thanks for input.

ok i kno u have a lot on ur plate and im feeling very much like u afta maths... but ive tried to avoid goin on the forums for subjects,, my mentality is get the exam done and go home straight away and DO NOT talk about the exam to anyone.. just move on what ever happens happens
Actually, I really like that idea, I think I may start using your mentality now. Thank you for that :)

Your ranks are amazing! You should be so happy with them :) And I feel the same too - I'm first in extension 1 English and I have my story (well, a broad idea/plot) figured out but not much prep done for the essay. Just keep working through it- and if it helps, I got a 24/25 mark on my story for the trial which I developed the day before. I think it must have been my out pour of emotion from the stress that did it. It could be to do with the fact that we do Romanticism but lots of great work can come from the last minute :) Good luck !!
Oh wow, that really gave me some hope and fuel for thought :) Thanks, ohh I wish I got to do Romanticism! I'm doing textual dynamics. I think you just inspired me to forget that it'll be last minute work, it can still be good! Good luck to you too hun!

Fuck no, im peaking 2 more exams going **** shit up. Go watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ then eat a concrete shake, and harden the **** up. It's a school test ffs your not battling cancer or anything
Excuse me... I know from experience in my family what it is like to see ones you love battling cancer, the pain and suffering, to realise how short and precious life is, how it can be taken away at any second without the chance to say goodbye. I'm a big believer in seeing life as 'the big picture' so yes I do know that a "school test" is not the end of the world; if you read what I wrote you would have seen that I stated that. However, I'm sure everyone has their moments where they are feeling a little down and losing motivation at some point, it's a part of life... Clearly this isn't the case for you in regards school, but I'm only human and we all have the 'want' to do well, to be able to focus and reach our ultimate potential as there's no time to waste in life...

When I read this after a Maths thread I read the title as something along the lines of "locus focus hocus pocus," a testament to how mindfucked I am. I'm feeling exactly the same, I've been working hard since year 11 (but not being ranked nearly as well as you), and now I'm losing focus. You should listen to Eye of the Tiger or any other song that gets you pumped, it works temporarily. I can completely empathise with, thus, I wish you good luck.
Hahaha! I understand that, I've been reading things that wrong too! ;) Ok I'm onto it, Eye of the Tiger is coming right up! Thanks.

Mjontrix

Premium Member
HSC
I definitely understand how you feel, and I'm a bit the same! I have been working hard for so long and now everything seems to be going a little pear shaped :( Just give it your best, and good luck!
Half way there, keep it up!

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You have done so well for this length of time just stick to it but maybe take a bit of 'me time' as well - after your exam on Wednesday, if you have a couple of days off take one afternoon and go to the movies, or go to the beach or something - totally away from the books. It could energise you for that last little push.

Vidhya

HSC
Ahh don't worry, I felt quite depressed after maths and didn't want to give a shit about tomorrow's thing. My 11 year old brother gave me a prep talk though, which is simply to focus on getting as much study as possible and to not think of anything else. Take lots of breaks and give yourself rewards :D and don't worry, I'm still working on my extension english story (I'm doing crime fiction FML) and I keep telling myself that all I was doing was improving the story until the very last minute ;) As opposed to getting it done and just sitting there doing nothing.
Do not underestimate your power of getting work done, have faith, and don't think of anyone else's expectations :)

Last edited:

pinkiipromise

HSC
N/A
Everytime I finish an exam, I sit at the train station and asked myself "What the fuck happened?".

I want to give up, but I know if I hang in there for a little longer, all this will be a past.
It will be over sooner than you know it.

jamesfirst

HSC
I couldn't be bothered reading but I'll answer the title:

I feel that I have started to care less about the HSC... but I still do study, although I really don't have any motivation (lucky the HSC is coming to an end)...

Some people lost motivation in the beginning of HSC... sucks to be them,.

coralie1994

HSC
After my shitty performance in todays exams, Im pretty sure I feel your pain! But hey not so long to go, so keep your head up! :)
Andddddd, if ever you're feeling unmotivated... search up 'Eric Thomas' on youtube... LOL quite corny but best pep talk! :)

GOOOOOOODLUCK :D

eat_well

HSC
Yes a lot of the people on this site are extremely smart (I'm not one of them). I feel exactly the same way as you do. I kept telling myself in year 11 that I would try harder in year 12 and since the start of term I haven't seen any change in myself.
But think of it this way, just one more year or all this suffering and pain. One year of suffering for your desired course in university. In the end you have to keep yourself driven. It isn't other people's jobs to find you inspirational quotes to get you motivated. This is year 12 and the people you least expect will start putting in the hard yards and be major competition to you. Do relax but also keep that in mind.
I should also start doing this :p

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
lost focus and going crazy since the exam started :)
But have yet to give up !!! FULL SPEED AHEAD ~

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Home straight guys. Now's the time to just put your head down and run to the finish line.

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Fuck no, im peaking 2 more exams going **** shit up. Go watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ then eat a concrete shake, and harden the **** up. It's a school test ffs your not battling cancer or anything

Yes mate, crisis' like those put things into perspective. But some of 'Us' believe in hard work, to achieve things in life. I know the feeling that OP is going through, giving everything up for the HSC; you put so much effort in, so don't knock him/her for that.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)