Anyone else crapping themself? (1 Viewer)

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
dp624 said:
I'm pretty sure not many schools tops ours for competitiveness
haha lol

Mine wasnt too competitive except for in english and economics

Lordie

HSC
Indeed I am! I have a Cadetship with PriceWaterhouseCoopers - so need to get into a select few Uni courses. I'm FAIRLY sure I got above 90...however you can never be too sure. As the days go by since I finished my exams(October 28), my confidence fades. I question how they marked it, whether what I was told at school was not enough..

However, I try to reassure myself - after leaving the exam room, I felt rather confident. I also did do...well it would be over 50 past HSCs for my subjects...blah! Just give me the results already!!!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
fallenstar said:
He's right. But I know what you mean - it won't be half as good as getting into your course straight away. What course do you want to do anyway? What UAI do you need?

Wow. My school is really competitive. But then again it's Catholic and pretty up-itself.
The competition can be crippling at times - a few people have burnt out, dropped out etc. No one would dream of walking out after an hr though!
My dream course is B/Ancient History(hons) at Macquarie, lucky for me it also has a reletivly low UAI cut off, like, 83.4 i think. I just have personal confidence problems, i'll stress my self stupid for no reason... this is no different.

Fuck me, like 5 people walked out of the Ancient exam as i was only just finishing off the second section! crazy!

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
dp624 said:
I'm pretty sure not many schools tops ours for competitiveness
hahaha yours is insane :p

ours is just competitive in a few subjects - 2/3/4u maths, chem, phys, modern history, advanced english, drama and visual arts. everything else is virtually fine.
we have topped the state in Drama a few times, so competition there is INTENSE - probably more so than in the sciences. 4u/3u is pretty intense though, we have some amazing guys who fought it out for 1st all year.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
-may-cat- said:
My dream course is B/Ancient History(hons) at Macquarie, lucky for me it also has a reletivly low UAI cut off, like, 83.4 i think. I just have personal confidence problems, i'll stress my self stupid for no reason... this is no different.

Fuck me, like 5 people walked out of the Ancient exam as i was only just finishing off the second section! crazy!
It just stuns me how people walk out early. Surely they'd have something to write? ha but that's looking at it from my perspective; I always want MORE time.

Up until about the middle of this year I severely lacked confidence. All throughout my secondary education I convinced myself I could have done this exam better, or this assessment, etc. I have very high personal standards so nothing I did was ever good enough. As a consequence I was ALWAYS stressed, crying, freaking out over missing a mark. I wasted so much energy on it. And then, during my actual hsc exams, it hit me that I AM intelligent and why bother convincing myself I'm not anymore. Sure, I still stress over my results, but in the past few weeks I have been feeling pretty confident that I'll do well. (Hope I haven't set myself up for disappointment.)

So I guess I can empathise with you; lack of self-confidence is really awful. But I bet you'll get into your course. Your PIP was great and just by reading that, I can tell you're intelligent.

p.s. i'm not aiming to get into psych, hahaha :p

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
fallenstar said:
It just stuns me how people walk out early. Surely they'd have something to write? ha but that's looking at it from my perspective; I always want MORE time.

Up until about the middle of this year I severely lacked confidence. All throughout my secondary education I convinced myself I could have done this exam better, or this assessment, etc. I have very high personal standards so nothing I did was ever good enough. As a consequence I was ALWAYS stressed, crying, freaking out over missing a mark. I wasted so much energy on it. And then, during my actual hsc exams, it hit me that I AM intelligent and why bother convincing myself I'm not anymore. Sure, I still stress over my results, but in the past few weeks I have been feeling pretty confident that I'll do well. (Hope I haven't set myself up for disappointment.)

So I guess I can empathise with you; lack of self-confidence is really awful. But I bet you'll get into your course. Your PIP was great and just by reading that, I can tell you're intelligent.

p.s. i'm not aiming to get into psych, hahaha :p
heh, the PIP, seems like a distant memory almost, i wonder what i got.. fuck now im stressing again, stupid useless brain. Im trying to memorise the greek alphabet at the moment and it just isnt sinking in dammit!!!! what about you, what are your future plans that hang in the balance at the moment?

u-borat

Banned
HSC
zzz you guys worry too much, hsc has barely crossed my mind since it finished.

dp624

HSC
lmao whatever. crapping yourself is bad, but anticipation is er.. good? i dno rofl. s'long as we make our aim, should be fine

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
-may-cat- said:
heh, the PIP, seems like a distant memory almost, i wonder what i got.. fuck now im stressing again, stupid useless brain. Im trying to memorise the greek alphabet at the moment and it just isnt sinking in dammit!!!! what about you, what are your future plans that hang in the balance at the moment?
just want to get into usyd to do advanced arts, majoring in History (modern), Gender Studies and Sociology. unfortunately you need a sky-high UAI to get in. so yeahhh everything hinges on thursday really.
p.s. why are you trying to memorise the greek alphabet? i stay far far away from all that, it's too confusing. roman numerals for maths in yr 8 nearly did my head in :p

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
fallenstar said:
just want to get into usyd to do advanced arts, majoring in History (modern), Gender Studies and Sociology. unfortunately you need a sky-high UAI to get in. so yeahhh everything hinges on thursday really.
p.s. why are you trying to memorise the greek alphabet? i stay far far away from all that, it's too confusing. roman numerals for maths in yr 8 nearly did my head in :p
Thats right, i think ive discussed this with you before, that arts degree has like a 98 cut off, its somewhere in my preferences. I need to know it for ancient languages summer school in january, some of the letters have the weirdest names, theres one called 'Omicron' i keep imagining it as some kind of pokemon =s

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
-may-cat- said:
Thats right, i think ive discussed this with you before, that arts degree has like a 98 cut off, its somewhere in my preferences. I need to know it for ancient languages summer school in january, some of the letters have the weirdest names, theres one called 'Omicron' i keep imagining it as some kind of pokemon =s
haha Omicron. Makes me feel glad that the english language is named so simply- "A", "B"...
doing the summer school as a prerequisite for a bachelor's in Ancient Hist? or out of interest?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
the thread opener just ruined my day. what do you mean "crapping"? that's just not right...

dp624

HSC
lyounamu said:
the thread opener just ruined my day. what do you mean "crapping"? that's just not right...
and i think it's THEMSELVES too. lol

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
fallenstar said:
haha Omicron. Makes me feel glad that the english language is named so simply- "A", "B"...
doing the summer school as a prerequisite for a bachelor's in Ancient Hist? or out of interest?
No, but you have to learn an ancient language as part of the degree. englishy grammary stuff was always a weak spot for me so i figure ill find translating english to ancient greek quite challenging, this way i may just be ahead enough of everyone else not to fall behind, if that makes sense.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
lyounamu said:
wow, your day gets ruined easily!

dp624 said:
and i think it's THEMSELVES too. lol
ahhhhh I have been WAITING for someone to say something. I was going to, but I didn't want to sound like a pedantic bitch :p

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
-may-cat- said:
No, but you have to learn an ancient language as part of the degree. englishy grammary stuff was always a weak spot for me so i figure ill find translating english to ancient greek quite challenging, this way i may just be ahead enough of everyone else not to fall behind, if that makes sense.
wow, learning an ancient language would be so difficult; at least languages like Italian aren't that hard to translate. would you be translating ancient texts and historical documents into english, or is the language just required so you can write and speak semi-fluently? or both?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
fallenstar said:
wow, learning an ancient language would be so difficult; at least languages like Italian aren't that hard to translate. would you be translating ancient texts and historical documents into english, or is the language just required so you can write and speak semi-fluently? or both?
Mainly so you can read/interpret ancient texts with their proper meanings in mind, you know how things change sometimes cuz they dont translate to english properly?

Im kinda intimidated by that section of the course, hence the extra summer school help.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
-may-cat- said:
Mainly so you can read/interpret ancient texts with their proper meanings in mind, you know how things change sometimes cuz they dont translate to english properly?

Im kinda intimidated by that section of the course, hence the extra summer school help.
yeah I would be too. it sounds like a good idea to do the summer school. don't think i have to learn any languages for mine unless i elect to. I really want to study Germanic Studies but because I'm going for an Advanced Course you can't do any of the Junior German units, gah. So I can't and because I'm in Lismore until Feb I can't learn it at a summer school beforehand either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)