Anyone else crapping themself? (1 Viewer)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
fallenstar said:
yeah I would be too. it sounds like a good idea to do the summer school. don't think i have to learn any languages for mine unless i elect to. I really want to study Germanic Studies but because I'm going for an Advanced Course you can't do any of the Junior German units, gah. So I can't and because I'm in Lismore until Feb I can't learn it at a summer school beforehand either.
You should get one of them 'learn another language while you sleep' subconscious tape thingos, lol, ive always wondered if they were bullshit.
The summer school is heaps expensive though.. its my parents christmas present to me, the textbook itself is $120.

Anyway, back on topic, i am shitting myself for my results cuz they will be sent to my boyfriends phone, not mine, and i just know hes going to trick me somehow.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
-may-cat- said:
You should get one of them 'learn another language while you sleep' subconscious tape thingos, lol, ive always wondered if they were bullshit.
The summer school is heaps expensive though.. its my parents christmas present to me, the textbook itself is $120.

Anyway, back on topic, i am shitting myself for my results cuz they will be sent to my boyfriends phone, not mine, and i just know hes going to trick me somehow.
haha yeah i should try one of those subconscious tape things! but i wonder how I'd actually get to sleep with one; I need silence generally to sleep.
and ughhhh why aren't they getting sent to yours?? how nerve-wracking!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
fallenstar said:
haha yeah i should try one of those subconscious tape things! but i wonder how I'd actually get to sleep with one; I need silence generally to sleep.
and ughhhh why aren't they getting sent to yours?? how nerve-wracking!
I never have credit, so i got him to register for me, im going to hit him that freaking hard if he screws with my head.

dp624

HSC
LOL im gna derail this arts discussion. WHat about med/actuary? im thinking of those.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
not my cup of tea but what uni were you thinking?

dp624

HSC
-may-cat- said:
not my cup of tea but what uni were you thinking?
NSW or Usyd methinks. maybe macquarie for actuary?

lucidassembly

HSC
I was waiting for a thread like this to appear :p Yeah, I'm definitely scared. 'Scared' doesn't really begin to cover it actually. I've gotten barely any sleep over the past 4 days because I just stay awake stressing lol. I know it doesn't hold anywhere near as much weight as I'm giving it, but it's terrifying. Six years and we're finally left with a tiny little mark... I suppose I just want it to have been worth it.

I really wish we could just get our marks now so the suspense would be over. The waiting is far, far worse than knowing my actual UAI.

Here's to another 5 sleepless nights :rolleyes:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
UNSW is meant to be quite good, i dont know much about Macquarie cept that its the go for humanities, but i suppose thats kind of its stereotype.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
dp624 said:
LOL im gna derail this arts discussion. WHat about med/actuary? im thinking of those.
hahaha i noticed the absence of all the maths/sci people

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
babikakez said:
Fuck, I know how you feel.
My lousy school went and announced dux and that before stuvac, and probably half of that period I was saying to myself, you don't even deserve dux, now you have to do really well.
Except I don't think that I did.
I mean, I only screwed up one exam (Ancient History), but my maths exam went okay (but not brilliantly), and I was kind of relying on Ancient to be higher than maths so it wouldn't count.
I don't think it will be.
All year I had my heart set on 80. Now I'm like, how shit will the school look if their dux gets below 95.
So yeah, I feel as though there's a lot of pressure on me.
Holy s. Just like me - dux, screwed up ancient history (1 hour sleep beforehand with 4 exams around it doesn't help) and wanting to do International Studies. Twin?

Anyway I just really hope to God that my marks get moderated up, because I failed Ancient HARD, and didn't didn't finish English (T__T), didn't do that well in other subjects, gosh. Okay I'm going to stop thinking about it.

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
Mind-Revolution said:
+1.

With no real basis, you seem like you will get that >80 rank.
lol, thanks :)

babikakez said:
Fuck, I know how you feel.
My lousy school went and announced dux and that before stuvac, and probably half of that period I was saying to myself, you don't even deserve dux, now you have to do really well.
Except I don't think that I did.
I mean, I only screwed up one exam (Ancient History), but my maths exam went okay (but not brilliantly), and I was kind of relying on Ancient to be higher than maths so it wouldn't count.
I don't think it will be.
All year I had my heart set on 80. Now I'm like, how shit will the school look if their dux gets below 95.
So yeah, I feel as though there's a lot of pressure on me.
substitute ancient for bio and that is my exact situation. it hit me during reading time..."this is going to be my worst"

SHUDDER! i dunno, bio just fucked me over big time. i nearly felt like apologising to my teacher after the exam, but he looked so hopeful lol.

pressure pressure pressure. i'm gonna feel so undeserving when i find out others beat me. leaving the dux fiasco til after results is totally the way to go

08er

HSC
ah the pressures of being dux... no one will care as long as you have performed your best :)

personally i am crapping myself because playing with some uai calculators, a few lower marks equate to a significantly lower uai :(

HSC
Hmmm, I'm not crapping myself that's for sure.

I'm fairly confident with all my subjects, except business.

But yeah, just enjoying and relaxing in the next few days.

:guitar:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^that's great.

i am just chillaxing too unitil my maths results come out.

leisl1990

HSC
carrots please! said:
i was putting enough pressure on myself

and then i went and got dux

and my teachers don't know that i feel like i fucked up several exams

so yes. these expectations. are doing my head in. can't sleep.

and this is not a "omg i'm only going to get 99 as opposed to 99.95"; this is a "i fucking got dux and am finding it hard to believe i'll get over 80"

so yeah, fuck
thats exactly how i feel about myself, i am not the dux in my school though

Last edited:

dp624

HSC
ConquerDiscover said:
Hmmm, I'm not crapping myself that's for sure.

I'm fairly confident with all my subjects, except business.

But yeah, just enjoying and relaxing in the next few days.

:guitar:
I'm confident that i'll get what i want. it's the degree to which i get it which i'm crapping myself over. call it pride if you will haha

lou071

HSC
N/A
syriangabsta said:
Almost every single day, due to being nervous and the need of reassurance, i predict my HSC marks and throw them into SAM to gain an estimate. Although, is this reliable? i need to be sure my uai is what i want..or else i dont want it, lol.

Anyone else doing the same? lol

and how reliable is SAM..of course each year will vary depending on how well the state does, but still, does anyone if our year is dumb..or smart.. lol..

and uhh, when predicting my HSC marks, i am only predicting how well i did, and aligning them to the predicted alignment for this year...

i am NOT taking into consideration any ranks..

anyone else doing the same?
i am so nervous....
can't even concentrate on the job which i just got luckily.....

HSC
agh i read someones post about using SAM with estimates which i was completly against, and then i went and used it and i realised how much of a difference 1 mark can make :S and now im more worried!
ah well, we just have to wait and see i guess.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
give me my 90+ so i can have a peace of mind :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)